Pittodrie Pies Today

Everyone knows you're not getting gourmet food at Pittodrie, but it's the fact the speed of service is so bad. There's no system in place to make service quick, no one has a clue basically. Boxing Day at Y, there was a queue that wasn't huge during first half and there would be one person standing at the till with the other six at the back with their backs turned. It's not rocket science you fannies. Couple folk to serve, use the others to fetch over the orders, plebs at Macdonalds can do it. I used to know some of the Sodexho management, but they have a high staff turnover so I reckon that's the problem.

Goit a telling off from a steward at the Partick game for standing next to my old man in the pie queue in the south.

Single file only apparently :laughing:

Last had a pie about a year ago, steak, stuck to the foil. Gads min

I sincerely hope you either laughed in his face or politely advised he fuck off.

• 1 month later...

The club, alongside it's catering partners Sodexo, are keen to gather feedback from our supporters regarding the public catering currently provided at Pittodrie Stadium.

We understand and appreciate there have been difficulties and your opinions will provide valuable feedback for both Sodexo and the club to enable us to review and improve the catering offering in public areas across the stadium.

Please take a few minutes to complete the survey below. The results will be reviewed in February with the findings and actions communicated by the 29th April.

The survey will close at 5pm on Thursday 25th February.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/7458#.Vr3MVYxFCpo

Any word of when the match day experience survey will be handed out?

Didn't they already do that and used the results to justify the singing section in the South Stand, which was later relocated to the RDU after that 45 year dodger that hangs around with 17 year old kids kicked off about it because he "wasn't consulted"?

Everyone knows you're not getting gourmet food at Pittodrie, but it's the fact the speed of service is so bad. There's no system in place to make service quick, no one has a clue basically. Boxing Day at Y, there was a queue that wasn't huge during first half and there would be one person standing at the till with the other six at the back with their backs turned. It's not rocket science you fannies. Couple folk to serve, use the others to fetch over the orders, plebs at Macdonalds can do it. I used to know some of the Sodexho management, but they have a high staff turnover so I reckon that's the problem.

You do in the Captains Lounge :whistling:

I did my School work placement that at the Baker that did the Pittodrie Pies at the time. Put me off for life after seeing how they were made.

Match day experience wtf I go Pittodrie to watch the game not for a fuckin picnic !

In the unlikely event I'm hungry I get a pie which puts the hunger pangs away not expecting some Michelin star food, my main focus is the result at 1645

This is clearly for the people that can handle more than one thought at a time.

I did my School work placement that at the Baker that did the Pittodrie Pies at the time. Put me off for life after seeing how they were made.

Ha! Yeah if folk saw what went into lots of foods, they'd swiftly change eating habits

Match day experience wtf I go Pittodrie to watch the game not for a fuckin picnic !

In the unlikely event I'm hungry I get a pie which puts the hunger pangs away not expecting some Michelin star food, my main focus is the result at 1645

What if there's stoppage time?

Many, many years ago use to help my old man supplied (through his employer) the meat for pittodrie pies . Just heid meat.

Many, many years ago use to help my old man supplied (through his employer) the meat for pittodrie pies . Just heid meat.

My mate does pigs head for breakfast in a five star guest house, he says it's the best meat off a pig. Also 'heid meat' just reminds me of potted heid, which I always loved, bloody EU and their restrictions....bastards

My mate does pigs head for breakfast in a five star guest house, he says it's the best meat off a pig. Also 'heid meat' just reminds me of potted heid, which I always loved, bloody EU and their restrictions....bastards

Loved potted heid myself as a kid. Unsure if i would eat it today...

• Upvote 1

How hard is it to get a decent mince, steak and macaroni pie. Give these guys the sack and lets get local companies to bid for the contract. Marshalls for example their stake pies are the 'Dogs Ballocks', as apposed to the existing stake pies that taste like the 'Dogs Bollocks'. We have 12,000 + potential customers so lets improve the quality of the product and the service and make some money. If the product was good I would be happy to pay a premium.

We should also sell hot 'Aitkens Rowies', we are a in Aberdeen after all.

I suggested why not give local companies a couple of stalls in each stand and let them showcase their produce. If the club are serious about this AFC Community Trust then why not? The North East of Scotland has some brilliant food so why not showcase it. I would be happy to pay an extra £1 or £2 for a quality pie as opposed to the shite tbats offered by Sodexho

How hard is it to get a decent mince, steak and macaroni pie. Give these guys the sack and lets get local companies to bid for the contract. Marshalls for example their stake pies are the 'Dogs Ballocks', as apposed to the existing stake pies that taste like the 'Dogs Bollocks'. We have 12,000 + potential customers so lets improve the quality of the product and the service and make some money. If the product was good I would be happy to pay a premium.

We should also sell hot 'Aitkens Rowies', we are a in Aberdeen after all.

Now we're talking, a hot Rowie and a bovril! Ace