Holiday 2013 Thread

After a quick shearch, I believe it's a place called Detroit you now call home. Holy fuck!

You should have spent a little longer searching, because you are incorrect. I wish I could say I was surprised. But not really.

And you slag off Aberdeen??

You see, this is why I said you weren't the brightest. Not because you make (repeated) mistakes, because shit, anyone can make a mistake. No, you're not the brightest because even after I was gracious enough to explain to you that I was, in fact, having a light-hearted, tongue in cheek (I even used those words, just so there could be no ambiguity for anyone with a functioning brain) poke at the city of my birth, the city I grew up in, the city I spend my vacations in, the city where my family lives, and the city I still call home... even after I've explained I was having a sardonic joke, you STILL think I was seriously slagging off the city. Even in the face of clarification. That takes a special kind of stupid, my friend. Persisting in the face of clarification :)

A quick google search says it all.

More haste less speed. That's what they say. More haste less speed.

The inbred tattie pickers in the outlying villages of NE Scotland maybe do knock the shyte out of each other as you say, but they don't kill each other at a rate of over 300 per year

That would have borne SO much more weight if you even knew where I actually lived and were, in fact, making any kind of educated comparison :)

But it doesn't, because you don't, and you're not... *sad face*

Great move Sir, buy your son a gun. I would.

My son's not old enough to handle a gun safely. He's 5 years old. The only people who would buy a 5 year old child a gun, under any circumstances, are either mentally ill or common or garden simpletons.

I'm leaning towards you just being a common or garden simpleton in light of your track record in this thread, obviously, but I am willing to listen to any persuasive arguments that point towards you being mentally ill.

I'm nothing if not open-minded on that score, Rumpus :)

Anyway, have a bit of a think about the merits of arguing a redundancy, regroup, then try not to make even more of a tit of yourself in your inevitable, subsequent post.

If you require, I can recap the salient points for you... because I know you're getting a lot of terrifically complicated information thrown at you right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I fancy somewhere freezing, windy, with miserable bastards of inhabitants.

Somewhere I can get pish service at inflated prices. Somewhere that the choice of good quality restaurants can be counted on the four toes of the local inbreds.

Somewhere I can watch a game of sclaffball between two barely professional fitba teams, and pay around 20-25 quid for the privilege, but can I fuck sit with a beer, no.

Somewhere I can't swim in the water in case I get hypothermia, nor sit on the beach without a force 10 gale blowing me along the sand like a human tumbleweed.

Somewhere I can be attacked by renegade seagulls if I so much as open a bag of crisps, and somewhere I have to learn, say, Polish, to be able to communicate with 50% of the population.

Somewhere that the roads are narrower than a Hun's foreheid, and roadside services are non-existent should I smash my motor up a fucking mountain.

Somewhere so tribal that even adjacent towns, separated by nothing more than a field of coos, will batter the shite out of one another if one of them strays onto the other's territory.

Somewhere the coppers are more likely to hassle you if you're OBEYING the law, rather than breaking it.

And somewhere I can get a meal so fatty that I can guarantee a trip to the local hospital's cardiac arrest unit within 20 minutes of finishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrB8Ahpwbdk

:hysterical::lolrangers::hysterical: Hahaha that is brilliant!

You're not thinking straight.This is he ideal time to get him a gun so he can grow up and be comfortable with it. Train him up proper and he'll be safe in the warzone you habitate.

One of those salient points I mentioned earlier was that I don't live in Detroit.

Remember how I was telling you that?

That data registering with you on any level at all?

You have a hard time absorbing information, don't you?

:clangers2:

• Upvote 1

I just got back this morning from a week in El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, about 30 miles from Cancun. What a place, absolutely brilliant. We also got upgraded to a diff part of the resort called the Casitas, which were beach house villa type things, ours we right on the beach with a pool bar right beside us. Food and drink was amazing and all the staff were great. We were also jet skiing, quad biking and drove speedboats (which was actually scary as fuck as the sea was quite rough). Had a beach front candle light dinner on the last night. All in all amazing place, just a pity it's so far away!

I just got back this morning from a week in El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, about 30 miles from Cancun. What a place, absolutely brilliant. We also got upgraded to a diff part of the resort called the Casitas, which were beach house villa type things, ours we right on the beach with a pool bar right beside us. Food and drink was amazing and all the staff were great. We were also jet skiing, quad biking and drove speedboats (which was actually scary as fuck as the sea was quite rough). Had a beach front candle light dinner on the last night. All in all amazing place, just a pity it's so far away!

Thought you would like it! We had two weeks there. Tremendous!

I fancy somewhere freezing, windy, with miserable bastards of inhabitants.

Somewhere I can get pish service at inflated prices. Somewhere that the choice of good quality restaurants can be counted on the four toes of the local inbreds.

Somewhere I can watch a game of sclaffball between two barely professional fitba teams, and pay around 20-25 quid for the privilege, but can I fuck sit with a beer, no.

Somewhere I can't swim in the water in case I get hypothermia, nor sit on the beach without a force 10 gale blowing me along the sand like a human tumbleweed.

Somewhere I can be attacked by renegade seagulls if I so much as open a bag of crisps, and somewhere I have to learn, say, Polish, to be able to communicate with 50% of the population.

Somewhere that the roads are narrower than a Hun's foreheid, and roadside services are non-existent should I smash my motor up a fucking mountain.

Somewhere so tribal that even adjacent towns, separated by nothing more than a field of coos, will batter the shite out of one another if one of them strays onto the other's territory.

Somewhere the coppers are more likely to hassle you if you're OBEYING the law, rather than breaking it.

And somewhere I can get a meal so fatty that I can guarantee a trip to the local hospital's cardiac arrest unit within 20 minutes of finishing it.

Montrose

Went to Riviera Maya 2010 - loved it, and might be on the radar for next year also.

Thought you would like it! We had two weeks there. Tremendous!

Sure did, only ever been on one other holiday like that (apart from 2 lads holidays in Magaluf) to a 4* all inc Barcelo in Lanzarote. Thought that was great at the time, but this was a whole new level. Just got so well looked after everywhere you went. Even at the entertainment bar at night, the same table guy came back to bring us drinks the second night again and remembered what we drank! How the fuck he could remember what 100s of folk drank is beyond me, but just another example of the service you get. Also first night we arrived, went to the pool bar to get the missus a vodka, but he was just closing so just gives me a litre of Stoly for the room!

Went to Riviera Maya 2010 - loved it, and might be on the radar for next year also.

Def want to go back, thinking of Vegas for 5 nights, then back there for 5 after for our honeymoon.

Booked 8 tickets for the Berlin derby in February. Unfortunately in the Hertha end as the Union was sold out to members alone. Since they've nae announced the tv schedule yet, going across Friday to Tuesday on the weekend. Should be a good one. Friendlier derby in front of 75,000 and plentiful beer.

Hopefully Yahoo sport have it wrong with the 7th Feb...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/2-bundesliga/2012-2013/hertha-berlin-1-fc-union-berlin-520028.html

I hope so too. :laughing: Not actually booked the flights yet, so wouldn't be an issue, but I've told the other 7 it will definitely be between the Friday and Monday for booking holidays. The ticket site had it as the 8th, Union has it as the 9th and Hertha has it as the 10th. So it will be Monday the 11th then...

The water park there is ace! Get to Portaventura as well if you get the chance.

We dont have a water park, but I can arrange for someone to pish on you for a fiver.

Went to Blackpool in June there and the theme park was brilliant for kids, taking 2 year old and a 6 year old to Cap Salou, will there be anything suitable for kids that age there do you remember?

There seems to be two water parks too, one at Portaventura and another in La Pineda? Just hoping we get some decent weather.

Also going to Rome in March, Roma V Genoa and then London for the roses in June

No way! Whilst Cologne is nice its not a patch on Munich or Berlin. I don't know which I'd put top. Had great times in both.

what i lije about colognost was the xmas markets whichh are missing at the other two or at least not as good.

also the beer halls and the fact its less touristy.

munster is good too although very much on the smaller end of the scale