Days 2-3: Frankfurt

Days 3-6: Munich (start of rail card)

Days 6-8: Zurich

Days 8-11: Milan

Day 11: stop-off in Turin

Days 11-14: Monaco

Days 14-15: Nice (end of rail card)

Day 15: fly back to Aberdeen from Nice via Frankfurt

Open to substituting some cities based on the recomendations of others, if it doesn't mean big detours (i.e. the less time spent travelling between places the better).

Might just travel myself, in Spring/Summer time, looking for a big mix of towns/cities - modern, good nightlife etc and older, cultured, chilled out. Taking in some sports would be good - a football match or two.

Also, interested to hear opinions on European rail cards and the options folk have used in the past.

Avoid Frankfurt if your looking for a good nightlife during the week, weekends meant to be alright.

Hoping to see more of Europe - and have sketched out a rough route:

Day 1: fly from Aberdeen to Frankfurt

Open to substituting some cities based on the recomendations of others, if it doesn't mean big detours (i.e. the less time spent travelling between places the better).

Might just travel myself, in Spring/Summer time, looking for a big mix of towns/cities - modern, good nightlife etc and older, cultured, chilled out. Taking in some sports would be good - a football match or two.

Also, interested to hear opinions on European rail cards and the options folk have used in the past.

Mortgage required for Zurich. Nice city, especially of you like looking at fancy cars.

Are you taking in a football match in Milan? Wasn't that impressed with it. Verona is close by and is beautiful. As is Lake Garda.

Can't go wrong with Munich. Go to Dachau for a day, very interesting.

Hoping to see more of Europe - and have sketched out a rough route:

Day 1: fly from Aberdeen to Frankfurt

Yea there's no point in having Nice and Monaco as separate stays. Monaco is literally 20 minutes on the train from Nice and costs about €3 return. No idea what you'd do in Monaco for 3 days either. Stay in Nice. Also, the last train stop on the line to Monaco from Nice, get off, head down the hill and round the cliffs and you'll end up at Cap D'Ail beach. Amazing. Turin is alright, been there for a day but that's all you'll need. Try get to the new Juve stadium if there's a game. Not been but I've heard poor things about Milan. been to Verona though - beautiful place!

Never been to Zurich.

Edit: never saw MDAL post but see she's saying same thing about Milan/Verona.

that south of france provence are is beautiful.

stayed for a few days on a vineyard near a place called la mole.

pretty nondescript village but it had one brilliant restaurant.

you wouldnt think so from the outside, but inside the food was superb. not fancy, more homely like a french grandma would make.

that south of france provence are is beautiful.

stayed for a few days on a vineyard near a place called la mole.

pretty nondescript village but it had one brilliant restaurant.

you wouldnt think so from the outside, but inside the food was superb. not fancy, more homely like a french grandma would make.

Only minks go to La Mole.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to head to the Middle East in April. Preferably Bahrain to stay with my auntie but gettin dates to suit is proving to be a bit tricky, so found a nice hotel in Abu Dhabi which is our back up plan. The one with the Formula One track through it. She found it im just nodding in agreement.

Heading to New York in November too which I cant wait for.

Organising my mates stagger aswell which will be either September or October and thinking Hamburg for there. Anyone had a lads trip to Hamburg before?

Looking to head to the Middle East in April. Preferably Bahrain to stay with my auntie but gettin dates to suit is proving to be a bit tricky, so found a nice hotel in Abu Dhabi which is our back up plan. The one with the Formula One track through it. She found it im just nodding in agreement.

Heading to New York in November too which I cant wait for.

Organising my mates stagger aswell which will be either September or October and thinking Hamburg for there. Anyone had a lads trip to Hamburg before?

Yes, go.

You will enjoy. Don't take any mates with you that might have a loose mouth or a conscience on your return.

I've been a few times, used to work in Esbjerg and drive down there for the odd weekend, not a patch on the Dam imo but still quite good, obviously the Reeperbahn and the side streets off it are the place to go. Even though I got done there I'd still recommend Krakow as a place to consider, it was cheap and had it all in the evening for stag doo's, was also still hot enough for outside boozing in October during the day, they have loads of pubs in the main square with areas outside.

I've been a few times, used to work in Esbjerg and drive down there for the odd weekend, not a patch on the Dam imo but still quite good, obviously the Reeperbahn and the side streets off it are the place to go. Even though I got done there I'd still recommend Krakow as a place to consider, it was cheap and had it all in the evening for stag doo's, was also still hot enough for outside boozing in October during the day, they have loads of pubs in the main square with areas outside.

Considered Krakow aswell. What you mean you got done?

Got a stagger in Amsterdam in April, I think it's in April anyway.

Cape Town for 2 weeks end of February or start of March. Still got to sort out flights but waiting for some work dates to be sorted out first.

Hopefully a week in Ibiza in September for a bit of chilling and relaxing.

Rest of my holidays will be used up for long weekends and avoiding working with a hangover.

• 2 weeks later...

Tenerife for a week with the wife and bairns at the end of March.

Trying to get my mate to shift his stagger weekend to Prague to a week later so I can come direct back from Tenerife to head off to Prague to get fucked up. Baker's stagger EPK. :dance:

Las Vegas for a week in May for the aforementioned mates wedding.

Down to South of England at some point in the summer. Dorset again more than likely.

Few weekends away camping in Grantown and Blair Atholl tucked in there as well from April - September.

Might try and get a week somewhere in the tattie holidays. That's going to be a cheap and cheerful somewhere like Tenerife again.

Tenerife for a week with the wife and bairns at the end of March.

Trying to get my mate to shift his stagger weekend to Prague to a week later so I can come direct back from Tenerife to head off to Prague to get fucked up. Baker's stagger EPK. :dance:

Las Vegas for a week in May for the aforementioned mates wedding.

Down to South of England at some point in the summer. Dorset again more than likely.

Few weekends away camping in Grantown and Blair Atholl tucked in there as well from April - September.

Might try and get a week somewhere in the tattie holidays. That's going to be a cheap and cheerful somewhere like Tenerife again.

Messy, very fuckin messy.

I will be doing a week to Tenerife in April, and an undecided destination in the summer, Cancun perhaps.

Messy, very fuckin messy.

I will be doing a week to Tenerife in April, and an undecided destination in the summer, Cancun perhaps.

Indeed. I fear I'll miss it though.

On the Vegas past of my plans who has been and what hotel do they recommend.

Looking at the Palazzo or the Cosmopolitan. Any others worth looking at?