Holiday 2013 Thread

Just booked my first clog trip of the year, heading over in March.

I'm heading out to Baku with work in April for a month so I will probably use that to get me to Melbourne in May.

Back to clog for Awakefest and Vollt Loves Summer and depending on how much holidays I have left I'm hoping to get a week in Chi Town in autumn.

Visit Claire and say hi from me.

Have booked flights to Dubrovnik at end of August with the burd but not accomodation yet, struggling to decide what the best area to stay is if anyone has any recomendations? (Lapad looks quiter and get more for your money but need a bus to the old town so maybe Ploce)

Also not really a holiday but booked up to do the West Highland Way with few guys from my work.

Oh and Milan/Turin/Lugano in March to see BRMC and visit a pal in Milan.

Great place. Stayed at Hotel Excelsior which was beautiful. Just outside the old town. Go to Hotel Major for a meal, one of the best meals I've ever had.

honestly?

thats hilarious.

For the most part the Dutch are very reserved in clubs so when you're used to a Scottish crowd bouncing about and making all the right noises at the right time its a bit unsettling hearing the Dutch talk to each other and gently sway side to side. You dont feel you are doing your job properly until you finish your set and they say they really enjoyed it. In Speakers the bar staff stand on the bar, the people are really bouncing and the atmosphere is great.

I've been to and played at festivals in Holland with less atmosphere than SNAFU in Aberdeen.

Visit Claire and say hi from me.

Doubt I'll have time, meeting up with a couple of old mates and it'll get messy :) If I do though, I will and I will.

goin to Cancun again september/october time, cana wait! lookin to go somewhere cheap n cheerful in march or april tho, ane o them last minute deals fae thomson, some beezers like! most seem to be Benidorm tho. so fits Benidorm actually like??? never been, but the hotels on thomson look awesome for so cheap.

goin to Cancun again september/october time, cana wait! lookin to go somewhere cheap n cheerful in march or april tho, ane o them last minute deals fae thomson, some beezers like! most seem to be Benidorm tho. so fits Benidorm actually like??? never been, but the hotels on thomson look awesome for so cheap.

You won't find much culture but it is what it is, a cheapish holiday resort, bit tacky but not bad for a lazy week in the sun, not sure on temps for that time of year though.

You won't find much culture but it is what it is, a cheapish holiday resort, bit tacky but not bad for a lazy week in the sun, not sure on temps for that time of year though.

aye cheers bud. aye ats all am lookin for, a lazy week in the sun at a decent hotel. where i can get pissed quite a bit. il leave the culture to mexico again haha.

Think I'm gonna give all inclusive a go this year, never done it before but like the idea of it.

Tenerife probably, does the novelty of free beer on tap wear off after the first couple days??

no sir. and if u start to feel it will, then you can always go for the sort of colourful drinks you would never order anywhere back hame. ala mojito or pina colada! all inclusive is magic. you'll love it!

All inclusive is the way to go, absolutely brilliant. One we did in Mexico in November was amazing, but it was 'gourmet' a/i. Still the other one I have been to in Lanzarote was really good too, pool bar just had a tap dispensing san Miguel and just helped yourself as much as you wanted :thumbup1:

What hotel you going for? We were staying in Eldorado Royale in Riviera Maya, but booked one night in Cancun at Riu Palace Peninsula, which just opened last year. Was a great hotel, only downside, a bit far the shops, nightlife etc in Cancun, but can jump on one of the service buses that go past all the time outside the hotel, or a taxi isn't much. Hotel is so good though, not that much reason to leave it!

What hotel you going for? We were staying in Eldorado Royale in Riviera Maya, but booked one night in Cancun at Riu Palace Peninsula, which just opened last year. Was a great hotel, only downside, a bit far the shops, nightlife etc in Cancun, but can jump on one of the service buses that go past all the time outside the hotel, or a taxi isn't much. Hotel is so good though, not that much reason to leave it!

first time i went i stayed in Barceolo Costa, right next to them Pirate Ships, that was good for us 3 lads, nuhin special. in October there me n the missus and my mate n his stayed at Riu Cancun, would be hard pushed to choose a different one when i book. altho i know all the Riu's are top notch, my mate from work was at that Penninsula same time and he said it was brilliant. basically, you really cant go wrong with any of the Riu's. and like you say, with that bus every 5 mins at the price it is its nae hassle gettin anywhere quickly.

Aye think the peninsula is right beside the other Riu you stayed in? There is another Riu beside it anyway. Yeah was class, food and drink was top notch, quality how they even had optics in the room and a fridge full of beer :thumbup1:

Only bad thing about Cancun/Mexico is all the Yank tourists, never encountered more rude or arrogant folk, especially with how they treated and spoke to the staff. Also they canna handle their ale at all, falling about the place at 5-6 o'clock at night. Still means they are put to bed and less of them around at night.