Holiday 2013 Thread

Wife's pestering me to book us flights for Scotland in August, with a trip to Prague and/or Istanbul as part of the holiday.

I want to go to Mexico, since our last visitation was when we were tooling around San Diego and decided to go on a road trip, ending up in a shithole outside of Tijuana, called El Nino, a place that Tarantino probably used as the setting for Dusk Till Dawn.

"Zoinks! L...l...l...lets's get outta here!" I says, in my best Shaggy Impression.

scooby_doo_3.jpg

In my younger years I'd have hit up a local bar, got hammered on Tequila, then woke up raped in a ditch somewhere in Mexico City, missing a kidney and a lung and sporting a brand new set of the AIDS.

Nowadays I think I'll go somewhere tourist-friendly like Chichen Itza, or Tulum. Slightly less chance of losing an internal organ to the rapey locals,

gangs.jpg

Anyone ever been to New Delhi before? Safe enough place? (Going with a girl mate who's coming out with high rape percentages, dodgy taxi drivers and all that pish). Away to book 4 nights in April including a trip to the Taj Mahal.

was there just over a year ago but only spent one day/night in delhi.

spent it in a fucking expensive hotel. given the cost vs. the quality of the surroundings we didnt venture out for too long.

there are better places/cities in india to visit.

was there just over a year ago but only spent one day/night in delhi.

spent it in a fucking expensive hotel. given the cost vs. the quality of the surroundings we didnt venture out for too long.

there are better places/cities in india to visit.

I'd rather go to Mumbai but the person im going with really wants to see Taj Mahal. Think we're going to stay at the Hilton so shouldnt have worries about the hotel. If it is shit then least its only 4 days!

I'd rather go to Mumbai but the person im going with really wants to see Taj Mahal. Think we're going to stay at the Hilton so shouldnt have worries about the hotel. If it is shit then least its only 4 days!

when there we specifically avoided the TM.

undoubtedly its a magnificent building, but knowing the country i can only imagine the hassle that will be involved going to see it.

Where did you travel to bluts? stay in the same area or do a wee tour?

Ever been to Hong Kong?

a wee tour about

-uidaipur and jaipur in rajasthan

-some tea plantation near darjeeling (himalayas)

-fort cochin in kerala

-then round the kerala backwaters

- beach place on the keralan coast

-then final night in delhi

never been to hong kong before.

a wee tour about

-uidaipur and jaipur in rajasthan

-some tea plantation near darjeeling (himalayas)

-fort cochin in kerala

-then round the kerala backwaters

- beach place on the keralan coast

-then final night in delhi

never been to hong kong before.

I bet you saw a fair few sights there, folk with nae arms and the like, India seems to have a higher than normal percentage of those gadgies.

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Himalayas like.

Was thinking about HK as a stop en route tae Oz.

Top man Bloots. Eh have been to many Indian restaurants wi no side effects, so reckon eh would be fine there too :thumbup1:

im pretty good with that sort of stuff, dont get ill or sick from food, no matter waht i eat.

that said, the country is a complete shit hole in places, food poisioning must be rife, but a healthy does of alcohol must help keep the bacteria away

I bet you saw a fair few sights there, folk with nae arms and the like, India seems to have a higher than normal percentage of those gadgies.

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Himalayas like.

Was thinking about HK as a stop en route tae Oz.

same here. or via soel. far east is perfect for that.

saw many sights, its an unbelievable country.

have to say we lived, ate and drank like kings. real old colonial stuff.

that sort of holiday is readily available in india, whilst 99% of the folk live like tramps.

same here. or via soel. far east is perfect for that.

saw many sights, its an unbelievable country.

have to say we lived, ate and drank like kings. real old colonial stuff.

that sort of holiday is readily available in india, whilst 99% of the folk live like tramps.

My faithers family lived like kings there for many a year exploiting the locals. Eh was the first for several generations no tae have been born there. That said, eh have no desire to go there.

My faithers family lived like kings there for many a year exploiting the locals. Eh was the first for several generations no tae have been born there. That said, eh have no desire to go there.

how come? i thouroughly enjoyed the holiday there. living there would be a toughie though , i imagine. even with a load of servants

how come? i thouroughly enjoyed the holiday there. living there would be a toughie though , i imagine. even with a load of servants

Simply because it is a disease ridden cesspit. Sure there are things to see, but damned if eh am going to come down wi some disease just to experience it. My brother-in-law ended up in hospital after a trip out there and the doctors here hadn't the faintest idea what was wrong with him. He was off wi the fairies for ages and only through the docs pumping him full of all manner of "let's give this one a try" drugs did he recover.

Just booked my first clog trip of the year, heading over in March.

I'm heading out to Baku with work in April for a month so I will probably use that to get me to Melbourne in May.

Back to clog for Awakefest and Vollt Loves Summer and depending on how much holidays I have left I'm hoping to get a week in Chi Town in autumn.

Just booked a week in Tenerife at Sensatori resort at Guia De Isora for a standard week in the sun with the wife.

stayed there in November 2010, nice place. although that kind of place is normally my idea of hell it was quite good to do fuk all for a week, will need to hire a car if you want to get out of the resort as there is fuk all round about it.

stayed there in November 2010, nice place. although that kind of place is normally my idea of hell it was quite good to do fuk all for a week, will need to hire a car if you want to get out of the resort as there is fuk all round about it.

That's the plan. I've stayed at the one in Crete, however I suspect there is far more culture and history there than anything Tenerife has to offer. That's not the intention for this holiday though.

I may consider going back to the Carribean towards the end of the year for some winter sun.

Just booked a week in Tenerife at Sensatori resort at Guia De Isora for a standard week in the sun with the wife.

I go to Parque Santiago 3 when in Tenerife, it's between las americas and Christianos, nice area right on the beach and quiet yet you're only ten minutes away from the nightlife if you want it, love the place.

Have booked flights to Dubrovnik at end of August with the burd but not accomodation yet, struggling to decide what the best area to stay is if anyone has any recomendations? (Lapad looks quiter and get more for your money but need a bus to the old town so maybe Ploce)

Also not really a holiday but booked up to do the West Highland Way with few guys from my work.

Oh and Milan/Turin/Lugano in March to see BRMC and visit a pal in Milan.