Craig Brown?

95 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of if Craig Brown is going to leave at the end of the season or not, would you want him to?

2. 2. Presuming that brown retires or just leaves at the end of the season who would you like to see replace him?

• Derek Adams
    • Craig Levein
    • Terry Butcher
    • Stuart McCall
    • Other (please state)

We have to give someone else a chance to get us to the next level

weve been trying to get to the next level since 1992 and all weve done is go backwards.

calderplank for all his failings got us as close as weve come to any semblance of respectability.

now at long last weve got a competent team and a backroom staff who seemt to know what they are doing. im all for sticking with the status quo if this season to date is anything to go by.

• Upvote 5

weve been trying to get to the next level since 1992 and all weve done is go backwards.

calderplank for all his failings got us as close as weve come to any semblance of respectability.

now at long last weve got a competent team and a backroom staff who seemt to know what they are doing. im all for sticking with the status quo if this season to date is anything to go by.

Completely agree with that.

I hate this 'next level' pish.

Mark McGhee was brought in for that and look what happened. I think people need to see sense and realise that if things continue the way they are then we're doing more than alright at the moment. Occasional blips yes but pretty solid. Why change it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hate this 'next level' pish.

Mark McGhee was brought in for that and look what happened. I think people need to see sense and realise that if things continue the way they are then we're doing more than alright at the moment. Occasional blips yes but pretty solid. Why change it?

Well, technically McGhee did take us to the next level.

Just not the next level upwards.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, Brown has got is as far as he can.

OK, before I start I'll say I voted for him to go at the end of the season but I just dont get this thinking.

He's had 1 1/2 seasons to put the side we see on the pitch now together. He came when we finished 9th the season before, he swapped out some of the pap, finished 9th again, shipped out more pap (but mistakenly kept Langfield and took in Clark) and finished 9th, shipped out more pap and replaced and now we're sitting 3rd and 5 points of 1st.

That to me is real progress for a team that has no cash to turn over players and is playing in a league like the SPL.

However

I dont think he's adventurous enough, never has been, never will be and his tactic can leave a lot to be desired. I'd like to see him go upstairs at the end of the season and take over the scouting and youth academy but unfortunately the person I would've went for is now doing far too well down Englandshire. No real preference for who takes over yet but I dont want any of the guys in the poll.

Derek Adams - could be OK but personally I think he's over rated

Craig Levein - just no, we're negative enough already

Terry Butcher - greetin faced cunt and a hun bastard

Stuart McCall - see Butcher

Whilst I agree that this season we are finally seeing some decent players at the club again & are improving because of this simple fact, we could & would be a lot better off if Brown wasn't so negative with the players he has gotten & yes he deserves great credit for signing some of the players he's signed & also gotten shot of.

However he's also signed some utter shite to go along with the good ones like Hayes, Reynolds (loan) Anderson (who would likely have signed for us under any manager) Osbourne, Milsom etc. but let's not go too deeply into that.

The most important thing is he's far too negative, or cautious & that is certainly not going to change at all, so imo he has to do the right thing & call it a day at the end of his contract at the end of the season but I'm happy for him to see out the season & try to prove me wrong, or at least finish what he's started.

He will certainly be leaving the club in a better state than any of the last few managers have (& yes Millertime, that most certainly includes JC) but this is also down ( a little) to the timing of the youth system bringing few a few wee gems at the same time as Broon has brought in some good & I stress GOOD experienced players.

As for his replacement, well I was kind of keen on Adams but that was mostly whilst we were still pish under Broon & Adams (although younger) would likely come in & carry on the more cautious approach that Broon favours & In all honesty because Broon has gotten us to a far better standard & we now have a great blend of young exciting players & good experienced players (Hughes & Clark aside) we can surely attract a better standard of manager & a manager that is willing (& more able) to take us further & play the way Aberdeen should be playing & by that I mean being the team that will always be taking the game to our rivals (regardless of who they are, or how good they are, or we think they may be) & setting out to attack from the begining of games & have our rivals setting up their teams to counter ours rather than the other way around ESPECIALLY AT HOME & also in EVERY cup game.

Who that manager will be is anyones guess but there will certainly be more & better options out there now thanks to Broon & our exciting young players

This.

• Upvote 4

Not this:

We could be doing much better with the team Broon has helped build.

Broon has his limits & he's very close to them, he's reached them a few times this season but has had too many nose bleeds & gotten back down out of the snow to where it's safer & warmer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whilst I agree that this season we are finally seeing some decent players at the club again & are improving because of this simple fact, we could & would be a lot better off if Brown wasn't so negative with the players he has gotten & yes he deserves great credit for signing some of the players he's signed & also gotten shot of.

However he's also signed some utter shite to go along with the good ones like Hayes, Reynolds (loan) Anderson (who would likely have signed for us under any manager) Osbourne, Milsom etc. but let's not go too deeply into that.

The most important thing is he's far too negative, or cautious & that is certainly not going to change at all, so imo he has to do the right thing & call it a day at the end of his contract at the end of the season but I'm happy for him to see out the season & try to prove me wrong, or at least finish what he's started.

He will certainly be leaving the club in a better state than any of the last few managers have (& yes Millertime, that most certainly includes JC) but this is also down ( a little) to the timing of the youth system bringing few a few wee gems at the same time as Broon has brought in some good & I stress GOOD experienced players.

As for his replacement, well I was kind of keen on Adams but that was mostly whilst we were still pish under Broon & Adams (although younger) would likely come in & carry on the more cautious approach that Broon favours & In all honesty because Broon has gotten us to a far better standard & we now have a great blend of young exciting players & good experienced players (Hughes & Clark aside) we can surely attract a better standard of manager & a manager that is willing (& more able) to take us further & play the way Aberdeen should be playing & by that I mean being the team that will always be taking the game to our rivals (regardless of who they are, or how good they are, or we think they may be) & setting out to attack from the begining of games & have our rivals setting up their teams to counter ours rather than the other way around ESPECIALLY AT HOME & also in EVERY cup game.

Who that manager will be is anyones guess but there will certainly be more & better options out there now thanks to Broon & our exciting young players

This a fact is it?

What's the lottery numbers for the weekend?

Not this:

We could be doing much better with the team Broon has helped build.

Broon has his limits & he's very close to them, he's reached them a few times this season but has had too many nose bleeds & gotten back down out of the snow to where it's safer & warmer

:laughing: fair play, ill +1 you for the "not this"

id ask who the alternative is, but weve tried to ring in the changes so many times that the alternative has become the norm. fuck me, the alternative to a danish manager with champions league experience was a lower league alcoholic.

right now, i reckon the alternative is riding the storm and see where it takes us

:laughing: fair play, ill +1 you for the "not this"

id ask who the alternative is, but weve tried to ring in the changes so many times that the alternative has become the norm. fuck me, the alternative to a danish manager with champions league experience was a lower league alcoholic.

right now, i reckon the alternative is riding the storm and see where it takes us

Seems we finally have some ambition on our board - maybe the interview process will reflect this unlike last 15 years of uninspiring bollocks!!