Craig Brown?

95 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of if Craig Brown is going to leave at the end of the season or not, would you want him to?

2. 2. Presuming that brown retires or just leaves at the end of the season who would you like to see replace him?

• Derek Adams
    • Craig Levein
    • Terry Butcher
    • Stuart McCall
    • Other (please state)

And Hibs will be annoyed they never beat us at home and took advantage of Celtic losing. We don't have a good enough squad to win every game... Winning at Easter Road is not reason to moan about losing to the current champions!

It's the manner of the defeat.

But if you're happy with the way Brown sent the team out against them, at home.

Well, fair enough that's your lookout.

We are better than we showed that day.

Celtic were shit that day as well. It happens. They just got the breaks and got the win. Terrible match - no point dwelling on it and still being negative after such a great result in our next one.

So because Celtic were shite that day it's ok?

It's not.

I want the best out of my team week in week out.

Not going to get that realistically, but that performance against Celtic was flat.

And I point the finger at Brown for that.

Hats off to Broon for getting this result.

This is one of the few times when his defensive tactics are acceptable really but only because there was no other choices really.

Smash & grab when our team is down to last reserves because of injuries.

At no other time is it acceptable though cos when we have our full squad fit, we are by far one of the strongest in the league & should play accordingly.

Say again though :applause: I tip my hat to you for this one Broon :applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where it's due, I think Brooner has done a good job. I have revised my "he's pish" to "a good job" based on a few facts.

-League position

-Players brought in (Hayes, McGinn, Rae, Osbourne in particular)

-Players told to get to fuck

-Some of the best (certainly not all) performances i've seen from the dons in a while

-Installing a belief that makes us play for a full 90 minutes

I think if he has a full strength squad he could certainly win us a cup or two (i am resigned to the fact the tims will for the forseeable future be the league champions elect ). For people on here talking of "the next level" which I presume means us becoming a euro league team, I have major doubts he could pull that one off but you never know. I would be happy to have him at the club another season and back him all the way. The only thing that annoys me is the defencive tactics which I understand but I'm not really happy with. All in all I wish him all the best.

We lost both, wouldn't accuse the players of freezing against Caley. Well, maybe the other type of freezing.

On topic - I am changing my thoughts to retain Craig brown as co-manager with a.n.other like Hartley or Sheerin

At least you are not advocating that he should be given a new contract. As much as I respect what he has done since he arrived, it's time to push on and not be swayed by a seductively favourable run of results.

Not sure about Hartley or Sheerin. If Lomax and Fenlon can suddenly be unearthed there must be others with the same potential that we may not know about.

At least you are not advocating that he should be given a new contract. As much as I respect what he has done since he arrived, it's time to push on and not be swayed by a seductively favourable run of results.

Not sure about Hartley or Sheerin. If Lomax and Fenlon can suddenly be unearthed there must be others with the same potential that we may not know about.

These 2 are a fairly low standard to aim at IMO. Neither are better managers than Brown. What's the point in getting rid of Brown for somebody no better than him?

These 2 are a fairly low standard to aim at IMO. Neither are better managers than Brown. What's the point in getting rid of Brown for somebody no better than him?

In case you didn't realise Brown's contract expires at the end of the season. Regardless of your opinion on individuals there will never be a better time to start the search for a new manager. I have no problem with retaining Brown as an advisor/mentor on a short term rolling contract. And in addition there have been rumours that Knox may be retiring.

In case you didn't realise Brown's contract expires at the end of the season. Regardless of your opinion on individuals there will never be a better time to start the search for a new manager. I have no problem with retaining Brown as an advisor/mentor on a short term rolling contract. And in addition there have been rumours that Knox may be retiring.

Fair enough, it just seemed you were touting those 2 as people with sufficient potential to replace Brown which I dont think they are.

I would personally give Brown 1 more season unless there is a really outstanding candidate. Brown has improved the squad massively in the time he has been here and the standard of football has certainly got better too.

If we panic in to getting rid of Brown and bringing in someone new just for the sake of it then we could very quickly go backwards.

Fair enough, it just seemed you were touting those 2 as people with sufficient potential to replace Brown which I dont think they are.

I would personally give Brown 1 more season unless there is a really outstanding candidate. Brown has improved the squad massively in the time he has been here and the standard of football has certainly got better too.

If we panic in to getting rid of Brown and bringing in someone new just for the sake of it then we could very quickly go backwards.

Who said anything about panic, there's plenty of time to find someone and for once it wouldn't be in crisis mode after we've sacked another manager.

Your faith in Brown is questionable. We all know that his approach is strongly dominated by a cautious methodology, which in the longer term is severely limiting. Very sad if that's what the majority want to settle for.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like we've definitely got Broon for another season.

"Aberdeen FC boss Brown confirmed he is already looking towards landing targets on pre-contract agreements. That would ensure they are tied up and ready to move to Pittodrie in the summer for the 2013-14 campaign."