JIT: Aberdeen V.s Caley

That's the problem with being a cunt, you can't get a serious answer when you want one. angry2.gif

Haha - Clark went thundering into 50/50 challenge (honestly)(actually probably more 30/70)(no really - honestly he did) and although came out with ball injured himself, tried to carry on couple of mins then had to go off injured. Apparently off to hospital for xrays on shin today.

Hayes stretched for ball late on and looked to teak a muscle and went of minute later.

Haha - Clark went thundering into 50/50 challenge (honestly)(actually probably more 30/70)(no really - honestly he did) and although came out with ball injured himself, tried to carry on couple of mins then had to go off injured. Apparently off to hospital for xrays on shin today.

Hayes stretched for ball late on and looked to teak a muscle and went of minute later.

I hope he's not out until the 31st of December with that.

It would ruin mahogany celebrations.

• Upvote 2

Looks to me like Caley players gets nick on ball as it comes off ground. Even if doesn't hardly one of worst decisions seen in while. A challenge that happens dozens of times every game.

It is a foul no matter how you look at it. If you were teaching someone the rules of the game, you would use that clip as a classic example of a blatant foul.

'worst' or 'best' decisions are only subjective judgements made by fans - Refereeing decisions are either right or wrong - That one was wrong.

Maybe one of the worse decisions i've seen in a while. How was that never given

Can only base comments on these highlights but aye, first goal that is a fucking disgrace. Not only is it a foul it's a booking. Magennis' second was sensational, amazed he has that in him. Their third was a shambles, primarily Anderson but all it needs is a basic connection from Reynolds and we're ok.

Another observation, which might not be a fair reflection on the 90, is that we looked wasteful at times in good positions going forward. McGinn and Vernon in the first half shooting from 30 yards with two or three bodies ahead of them, and then Hayes in the second which was even worse with McGinn to the right and two to the left against three defenders.

Anyway, main problem is clearly the injury list and I echo SMG's post earlier which prayed for heavy sna' to get a few games called off until we at least have presentable central midfield.

I don't need to watch that because I had a clear view of it. Masson tries to turn inside toward the main stand and has his right leg swiped from under him, from about knee height.

Has to be said it was on the half way line...edge of the box,the foul not given and then it's worth arguing about...looked a bit like most of the team were looking for a whistle and got caught on the back foot as ICT swept up the pitch...

Ps. Langfield was poor for this one as well.

Can only base comments on these highlights but aye, first goal that is a fucking disgrace. Not only is it a foul it's a booking.

Totally disagree with that to be honest. After seeing on larger screen ball definitely moves forward so for me player gets nick on ball. Also note that not a single Aberdeen player decides to claim a foul (well until after they score 10 seconds later).

Decision that could have went either way but reckon that was one of only decisions the ref got right in first half last night!!

Totally disagree with that to be honest. After seeing on larger screen ball definitely moves forward so for me player gets nick on ball. Also note that not a single Aberdeen player decides to claim a foul (well until after they score 10 seconds later).

Decision that could have went either way but reckon that was one of only decisions the ref got right in first half last night!!

Tackle from behind K-9, think those are fouls these days whether you get the ball or not. He played the ball through the player IMO and not the ball and then the player but either way it was a hack from the back.

As for the ref, you know he's having a bad game when both home and away are signing 'you dont know what you're doing'

I watched the replay several times this morning and I agree with K-9. It was an untidy challenge but the player did take the ball.

Personally speaking, I was more worried about the way we defended the rest of the move... Caley had the freedom of Pittodrie as they made their way up the pitch.

Tackle from behind K-9, think those are fouls these days whether you get the ball or not. He played the ball through the player IMO and not the ball and then the player but either way it was a hack from the back.

As for the ref, you know he's having a bad game when both home and away are signing 'you dont know what you're doing'

He got ball before the man as ball was on his side of the player?

Just watched again about 5 times and you may have a point. Gets something on the ball, probably just enough to make it the right call. At parkhead or ibrox though, they'd never have got that.

Mate are we talking about the same challenge here?

@ 1.22.

There was no way that was a tackle from behind. Shaughnessy tried to nip the ball past the Caley defender.

I watched the replay several times this morning and I agree with K-9. It was an untidy challenge but the player did take the ball.

Personally speaking, I was more worried about the way we defended the rest of the move... Caley had the freedom of Pittodrie as they made their way up the pitch.

He got ball before the man as ball was on his side of the player?

Just watched again about 5 times and you may have a point. Gets something on the ball, probably just enough to make it the right call. At parkhead or ibrox though, they'd never have got that.

Misinterpretations

Has to be said it was on the half way line...edge of the box,the foul not given and then it's worth arguing about...looked a bit like most of the team were looking for a whistle and got caught on the back foot as ICT swept up the pitch...

Ps. Langfield was poor for this one as well.

Not quite sure what you're on about there to be honest.

That is a foul 999 times out of 1000.

Regardless of foul or not shouldnt have been so lax on the ball!

Harsh

I don't need to watch that because I had a clear view of it. Masson tries to turn inside toward the main stand and has his right leg swiped from under him, from about knee height.

IMO it wasn't a free kick although at least you knew who gave it away, unlike the commentator.

The player was simply caught dithering, i thought he looked way of the pace for most of it.

Not at all. Lack of awareness, might have been a foul on this occasion, but same result would have happened with a better tackle.

No excuse for dithering on the ball! If that had been magennis youd be slating him!

I don't know how you could know what he wasn't aware of?

He may have dithered, I disagree as it all happened very quickly. Perhaps he had no options the way he was facing and correctly tried to keep the ball instead of, what more senior players in our team are repeatedly guilty of, bucking responsibility and getting rid of it. Regardless, there is no if's, but's or maybes about it, that should be a foul every time.

He may have dithered, I disagree as it all happened very quickly. Perhaps he had no options the way he was facing and correctly tried to keep the ball instead of, what more senior players in our team are repeatedly guilty of, bucking responsibility and getting rid of it. Regardless, there is no if's, but's or maybes about it, that should be a foul every time.

Rae and Hughes you mean

Not quite sure what you're on about there to be honest.

1st goal for ICT... :dontknow: ...were you at the game?

Yes, I still don't understand what you mean by that statement though :dontknow:

Rae and Hughes you mean

Seriously?

Yes, I still don't understand what you mean by that statement though :dontknow:

What I mean is if the foul/tackle was committed on the edge of the box with little time for the defence to cover there may be some cause for grievance...It happened on the half way line...regardless of it being a foul we should still have been able to extinguish the threat before they could get a shot on target or as it's otherwise known when Clangers is in-between the sticks...a goal.

He had plenty of options, unfortunately he chose fannying about :laughing:

What I mean is if the foul/tackle was committed on the edge of the box with little time for the defence to cover there may be some cause for grievance...It happened on the half way line...regardless of it being a foul we should still have been able to extinguish the threat before they could get a shot on target or as it's otherwise known when Clangers is in-between the sticks...a goal.

it's irrelevant.

The ref was incompetent by not giving what was a blatant foul.

We shouldnt need to be scrambling about because of a ref being shite.

it's irrelevant.

The ref was incompetent by not giving what was a blatant foul.

We shouldnt need to be scrambling about because of a ref being shite.

Dude it's the SPL shi*e referees go with the territory...we should still have been able to halt...by fair means or not...the ICT attack

It's a shocking decision.

Just saw the highlights.

1st goal for Caley that's as blatant a foul as you'll ever see in football. A disgraceful decision to allow play to continue.

2nd Caley goal. Header in 6 yard box. Keeper rooted to the spot. Terrible goalkeeping.

3rd Caley goal. Shocking header by Anderson but thought the defender it came towards could have done better. Keeper nowhere near it. Anderson 90% culpable, our defender 5% and :clangers: could have done better.

1st Aberdeen goal. Lucky break with the cross, great finish.

2nd Aberdeen goal. I'm speechless. Brazilianesque by Magennis.