Rugby Union

OddJob

2Ireland got away with an awful lot. Really poor officiating aswell from Berry who is rapidly becoming the modern day Craig Joubert. 

Clear foot in touch before their 2nd try would've given us a 50-22 line out. Porter had his hands on the ground before the 3rd try. Even Rory Best was surprised the 1st try was given..

Townshend wants Scotland playing the fastest rugby In the world. We have world class players but just being a bit more disciplined might be the way forward

Playing like that against the likes of Ireland, SA etc will always lead to a pumping. 

10 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

A skelping for sure but what a shit draw we got, unlike fucking England who ala their football team got the 'virtual bye into the next round' draw.

And Wales with only a poor Australia side of any note in their group.

13 hours ago, perthshirered said:

The first try shouldn't have stood, the 4th probably shouldn't have and their last definitely shouldn't have stood. That's one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen. That said, Ireland are miles ahead and they will likely tonk NZ next time out. I suspect South Africa will get the last laugh, though. 

We’ve been on the end of these all tournament.SA should’ve had a red for a head on head tackle that the English boy got sent off for the day before if I remember right? 

Also was it 4 years ago against Oz in the quarter final we lost out to another horrific decision?I can’t quite mind right.

32 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

And Wales with only a poor Australia side of any note in their group.

We’ve been on the end of these all tournament.SA should’ve had a red for a head on head tackle that the English boy got sent off for the day before if I remember right? 

Also was it 4 years ago against Oz in the quarter final we lost out to another horrific decision?I can’t quite mind right.

We didn’t get out of the groups 4 years after losing to the mighty Japan. 
8 years ago we should have beaten Oz but for a dodgy ref call (and the fact we shat the bed just prior to that and lost our own ball at a scrum or line out). We like to gloss over that but though and stick to our tried and tested plucky Scotland unfairly denied at the last moment spiel. 

30 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

We didn’t get out of the groups 4 years after losing to the mighty Japan. 
8 years ago we should have beaten Oz but for a dodgy ref call (and the fact we shat the bed just prior to that and lost our own ball at a scrum or line out). We like to gloss over that but though and stick to our tried and tested plucky Scotland unfairly denied at the last moment spiel. 

Aye sorry, 8 years ago against Oz and it was an overthrown line out of I recall right?
An Eddie Jones coached Japan at the time? 

You’re right in that we always play the plucky Scots line, however nae getting things like the obvious red card in the first game makes all the difference.Not saying we’d have necessarily beaten SA, but it’s a hell of an advantage, and if you take it we go into the Ireland game with added confidence and not having to win with a BP to progress.

17 hours ago, johnstrac said:

17 points in the 2 games with S.Africa and Ireland just isn't enough. I think we're now ranked 6 in the world but there's a big gap between the top 4 and the rest.

we did need to score tries to get the bonus point, hence the decision making in the first 20 mins - normally it would be take the penalty kick, get the points ticking over but we went all out for tries and paid the price

our backs are good, we play to their strength, our forwards however are average, and we have no real big ball carrying forwards so once opposition realise its always going to be going wide its easy enough for the top teams to play against us

oh well, out of the world cup, how many players will now retire, six nations beckons again, I just worry about what is coming through - the youth policy doesn't seem to be working for Scotland

will still watch the rest of the world cup though, some cracking games ahead

Fiji, population 1M up against England

21 hours ago, sigh said:

Cracking weekend of rugby - well, except for Fiji getting beat.

Roll on next weekend, then hopefully a SA v NZ final

The Ireland V New Zealand and France V South Africa were absolutely brutal to watch.

Amazing defense and guys putting their bodies on the line time after time.

Seriously hope SA take that form into the England match and rip them a new one.

Loved seeing the Fijian lads dish out some serious facial treatment to Smith 😂