Rugby Union

OddJob

On 8/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Some second half come back today, with a man down as well. Fantastic win.

Scenes in Edinburgh tonight 👍

It was indeed a game of two halves.

Hope you enjoyed your night out in Edinburgh, and the rest of the weekend.

• 5 weeks later...

2 hours ago, sigh said:

World Cup starting on Friday, cracking opening game - in fact, cracking games on all weekend.

Don't fancy Scotland's chances though, doubt we will catch either the Bok's or the Irish cold unfortunately.

It's a big ask I'm afraid. The ludicrously early draw now means that the top 5 teams in the world rankings are in the same half of the draw, only 2 of these can reach the semi finals.

Been some cracking games on, most notably either the Wales V Fiji or the Aus v Fiji, blown that group wide open

Marler good value for Engerland, not much there to trouble them now and they will progress to the quarter

Ireland v SAFFA will be an intriguing game, but no matter the result the Irish will still batter Scotland, shame.

On 9/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, johnstrac said:

Nice win today but serious improvement required if we're to bear Ireland.

Ireland will have the weight of expectation bearing down on them, we will be the serious underdogs, we may surprise them (I don't think we will, but you never know), we just, as a bear necessity,need to make all our tackles and take the points option every time - and not give away any penalties.

Pity Iain Milne isnt still playing 

2 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Whatever happens in the group, unless Scotland beat Romania by a huge margin and also beat Ireland well, it’s not looking great for chances of qualifying.

Scotland have got the shitty end of the stick in this draw and ridiculous to get SA and Ireland in a 5 team group.

Look at the teams the english racists get in their group 🤷‍♂️

To be fair I don't think it was fiddled (it's not the SFA after all) but the draw was certainly made far too early.

30 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

This is seriously the worst tournament going. Started a month ago and literally nothing has happened. 

Well, 2/3's of the matches have been played so I can't see how "nothing has happened". Granted there's more than a few one sided encounters but also some surprises and still lots to play for with some "win and in" scenarios this weekend.

1 hour ago, johnstrac said:

Well, 2/3's of the matches have been played so I can't see how "nothing has happened". Granted there's more than a few one sided encounters but also some surprises and still lots to play for with some "win and in" scenarios this weekend.

Surely not 2/3rds?

Genuinely forget its on at times. Pish this time round.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Ireland just too good and Scotland not good enough when chances present themselves.

Best team they've had in years and still can't get close enough.

Ireland will go close this year, so strong in defence.

The horny winger boy who retired from international rugby is a big miss. Hogg.