Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

It was then claimed Fraser said he wanted to play at a higher level, but the player only said that because the club wanted a reason as to why he had turned down their offer.

That is one of the most baffling explanations I have ever heard...here's a wild one, why not tell the truth?

• Upvote 1

If Ryan Fraser and his agent are so sure he is going to make it, they wouldn't have an issue him signing a contract that increased his money after certain milestone appearances. This is perhaps the type of contract he should have been offered. If he was going to be paid higher money after 40 / 60 / 80 and then 100 appearances - taking him amongst the highest earners at that stage, then surely there could be no complaint from either side? i.e. Fraser is getting recognition because he's playing the games and the club are paying what he is worth to them in those incremental stages.

Build in a release fee and sell-on clause and that keeps everyone happy.

Sounds like it is all too late for that, so good luck Ryan - assuming you don't stay in Scotland. Hope you get a move in January and the club that has developed your game gets some sort of decent compensation for their investment.

The whole I said I wanted to play at a higher level but I didn't mean it schtick seems... off.

And I still say that he has the most potential in an area where it is hard to get good quality players and as a type of player too, of any player we've had in over a decade.

I like Jack and hope to god we can keep him because he'll become fundamental to us if we can (but I still remember him getting a hard time a while back from others) but the guy that turns midfield possession into an attack - even if he's not scored yet - has been Ryan Fraser.

Hopefully the truth gets out soon as this whole saga has been handled very unprofessionally.

If the club have been playing hard ball by offering shite wages then it baffles belief and is stupidly short sighted.

Attendances will continue to dwindle if we let exciting players leave given how much entertainment, footballing wise, is normally on show in Scottish football.

This saga is making me disgusted with AFC. Wish I never bothered getting a season ticket. We are going nowhere.

Can't wait for Ryan Jack to return from injury. Sounds like he is some kind of goal scoring midfield maestro the way people are convincing themselves he's better than Fraser.

And what's wrong with having a different opinion? Nobody is saying he is a goal scoring midfield maestro. He is however, at his age group, one of the best players in this country, especially if you have bothered to watch the Scotland U21 matches, where he is a stand out. Ryan Fraser has completed a whole 90 minutes only twice. Nobody is suggesting he is not a talent, but he has a long long way to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This saga is making me disgusted with AFC. Wish I never bothered getting a season ticket. We are going nowhere.

Can't wait for Ryan Jack to return from injury. Sounds like he is some kind of goal scoring midfield maestro the way people are convincing themselves he's better than Fraser.

Fit?

He wants to play at a higher level.

Nithing AFC can dee aboot that.

Unless the SPL & EPL can get together and swap AFC's place with Reading or Stoke or some such ither pish.

Early season promise has completely disappeared. When I heard Fraser had knocked us back I was gutted but thought we could still have a good season, but it's turning to shit. Turned over by Caley and Killie at home ffs. Ah well there's still the cup til we get pumped out in the semis....

At least Jack has scored goals Fraser has yet to do that !

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Any team that is 10million+ in debt that have Chris Clark on over 2 grand a week and won't offer a far superior player even half of that just because he is 18 deserve to be as shite as they are

Negative bastard that I am today

Agree with that and I shudder to think what Fallon is on, but really that is nothing to do with the Fraser saga.

Any team that is 10million+ in debt that have Chris Clark on over 2 grand a week and won't offer a far superior player even half of that just because he is 18 deserve to be as shite as they are

Negative bastard that I am today

Fit?

That's his story.

So it doesn't matter a fuck what we offer.

Agree with that and I shudder to think what Fallon is on, but really that is nothing to do with the Fraser saga.

If Fraser is a first team player why is he not being offered a first team wage. His contract is running out and he has proven he is ready for the first team - we should be offering him a proper contract. Meanwhile Clark has never managed to get into our starting 11 if everyone is fit and is on a massive contract. Repulsive!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If Fraser is a first team player why is he not being offered a first team wage. His contract is running out and he has proven he is ready for the first team - we should be offering him a proper contract. Meanwhile Clark has never managed to get into our starting 11 if everyone is fit and is on a massive contract. Repulsive!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Clark is a waste of a jersey, he was when he was first here and he is again, so no argument there.

But Ryan Fraser has played 13 games, completing 90 minutes twice. That's it. I really don't see the issue with a staggered contract that increases as he plays more games and they should maybe have inserted a minimum release clause with a % of the transfer fee going to Fraser. That way we aren't taking the risk of a big wage on a player at the very start of his career and he is protected with good potential future income if he works hard and then earns a good transfer fee. Why should he just pay him 2k+ up front without protecting ourselves for the future? That's the kind of shite that got us into the debt we currently have.

• Upvote 1

You said he had the potential to be a top class player, i'd like to know which teams you think hes going to sign for that he is going to live up to this billing?

I think he would do well at championship........but to be a top class player you need to be playing premier league and international football on a regular basis!

I think he would struggle to do either at this moment in time. Infact at this momement in his career he needs us more than we need him.

How do you know potential until it is realised? Clubs at all levels 'gamble' on this all the time. What's your opinion based on? What you've seen? Think there are guys being paid dollars to do this based on 'expertise', it's their job.

I say he'll be a star...could be right or wrong ( i don't fuckin know, not into absolutes in football, though Messi is a fn genius) ...just the same as you. I'd like to keep the boy longer

I think Fraser is getting a really bad reputation over this when the facts haven't come out yet. As far as I know, he hasn't talked to any clubs and he doesn't want to leave. All that's happened is that he has rejected a contract (a probably awful one that everyone of us would reject mind you). And the club has called that a final offer and put out a statement that he wants to play at a higher level. AFC just needs to swallow their pride and give the boy a decent contract. If they haven't done this because they can't afford it, then they need to have a look at the ineptitude that has resulted in contracts for the likes of Clark and Fallon.

I really hope the club and Fraser can work out a deal as he's one of the few exciting players left in the SPL.

Why should he just pay him 2k+ up front without protecting ourselves for the future? That's the kind of shite that got us into the debt we currently have.

Well from what I've heard he hasn't been offered even close to a grand a week. No increases or anything. And now Aberdeen have taken the huff and won't do anymore negotiations. Probably too busy trying to offer money to some other 30+ crap bastard to keep the physio busy.

• Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

I think Fraser is getting a really bad reputation over this when the facts haven't come out yet. As far as I know, he hasn't talked to any clubs and he doesn't want to leave. All that's happened is that he has rejected a contract (a probably awful one that everyone of us would reject mind you). And the club has called that a final offer and put out a statement that he wants to play at a higher level. AFC just needs to swallow their pride and give the boy a decent contract. If they haven't done this because they can't afford it, then they need to have a look at the ineptitude that has resulted in contracts for the likes of Clark and Fallon.

I really hope the club and Fraser can work out a deal as he's one of the few exciting players left in the SPL.

Listen tup told me he is signing a new contract so I have no concerns at all.

• Upvote 1

This is amazing

Ryan Fraser, from posts on here, would appear to be the only footballer in the modern game more concerned with loyalty to his current club than looking out for his own financial well being.

Unfortunately for the young lad, who wants nothing more than to play his entire career out in the north east of Scotland, big nasty AFC won't let him unless he agrees to play for a pizza and a few packs of chocolate buttons.

Boo for AFC and their lack of concern for teenage dreams

• Downvote 3

How do you know potential until it is realised? Clubs at all levels 'gamble' on this all the time. What's your opinion based on? What you've seen? Think there are guys being paid dollars to do this based on 'expertise', it's their job.

I say he'll be a star...could be right or wrong ( i don't fuckin know, not into absolutes in football, though Messi is a fn genius) ...just the same as you. I'd like to keep the boy longer

I watch a lot of english football, and therefor a lot of frasers competition. In comparison to the players of his age down south he is pretty far away from giving them competition for a place.

Townsend at spurs, Rose at sunderland, Sterling at liverpool and even going down a league to ince at blackpool. Theres far too much young talented players in england already ahead of fraser, he'll be a good player for sure, got more about him than Mcguire, Foster and Fyvie who all seem to be struggling.

I dont think he was the quality for international football, think he would get lost playing against the top defenders...

However, this is all based on this moment in time, if he stayed in scotland and developed a bit more im sure he might be a regular feature in the lower ends of the premier league.

Well from what I've heard he hasn't been offered even close to a grand a week. No increases or anything. And now Aberdeen have taken the huff and won't do anymore negotiations. Probably too busy trying to offer money to some other 30+ crap bastard to keep the physio busy.

A neither should he be. You compared him to what Clark is on. What Clark is on is a joke, but that doesn't mean we should be dishing out expensive contracts with wages up front to a youngster having played a handful of games.

None of us know what Fraser has been offered.

AFC and other Scottish clubs are in an almost impossible position given the financial draw of English football. The only way players will stay is if they realise it is best for their development and the clubs in Scotland get more inventive with the contracts. The second part of that is in AFCs hands and shame on them if they haven't put a good contract in front of the boy with good future incentives should he continue to develop. I certainly don't agree that he should be handed a contract on a par with the top earners at the club with wages up front though, that would be a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A neither should he be. You compared him to what Clark is on. What Clark is on is a joke, but that doesn't mean we should be dishing out expensive contracts with wages up front to a youngster having played a handful of games.

None of us know what Fraser has been offered.

AFC and other Scottish clubs are in an almost impossible position given the financial draw of English football. The only way players will stay is if they realise it is best for their development and the clubs in Scotland get more inventive with the contracts. The second part of that is in AFCs hands and shame on them if they haven't put a good contract in front of the boy with good future incentives should he continue to develop. I certainly don't agree that he should be handed a contract on a par with the top earners at the club with wages up front though, that would be a joke.

Good post.

At the end of the day, noone knows exactly what has happened behind closed doors.

If, as was officially given as the reason, Fraser doesn't want to sign any new deal because he feels he's ready to play at a higher level than the SPL, then he can fuck off and be benched until he goes as far as I'm concerned. As I would say for ANY player that doesn't want to play for Aberdeen

However, if on the other hand, Fraser has been offered a really poor contract, and he is happy to stay with the Dons for a REASONABLE deal and the club are the ones playing hardball, then I'm really disgusted by AFC - firstly because Fraser has given us something this season, and our results/performances have generally been poorer since he was injured, and he's someone we should be looking to keep for both the team and for attendance (he'll get people coming along, and secondly because they have made him look a bit of a prick and it's not very professional.

Personally, I'd love to see him stay, so I hope the latter is true and that AFC don't cut off their nose to spite their face. I'd be annoyed seeing the 'wage structure' line being brought out again - I fully understand why these things are in place, but there have been a number of players that we could have kept but for it, which suggests to me that it should be reviewed

• Upvote 4

As I've said before if the club don't wish to speculate to accumulate on Fraser then they deserve to be in the financial shit they're in... You speculate on a decent contract that might be slightly higher than you hoped for 2-3 years in the knowledge that you might only have him for 12-18 months and should get a sizeable slab of wedge for him. If they're not able or prepared to keep the kids happy then they deserve to lose them. I'm not saying be held to ransom but if Chris Clark thinks he can do better elsewhere away you go Christina...

I watch a lot of english football, and therefor a lot of frasers competition. In comparison to the players of his age down south he is pretty far away from giving them competition for a place.

Townsend at spurs, Rose at sunderland, Sterling at liverpool and even going down a league to ince at blackpool. Theres far too much young talented players in england already ahead of fraser, he'll be a good player for sure, got more about him than Mcguire, Foster and Fyvie who all seem to be struggling.

I dont think he was the quality for international football, think he would get lost playing against the top defenders...

However, this is all based on this moment in time, if he stayed in scotland and developed a bit more im sure he might be a regular feature in the lower ends of the premier league.

Isnt Rose on loan from Spurs?

• Downvote 1

As I've said before if the club don't wish to speculate to accumulate on Fraser then they deserve to be in the financial shit they're in... You speculate on a decent contract that might be slightly higher than you hoped for 2-3 years in the knowledge that you might only have him for 12-18 months and should get a sizeable slab of wedge for him. If they're not able or prepared to keep the kids happy then they deserve to lose them. I'm not saying be held to ransom but if Chris Clark thinks he can do better elsewhere away you go Christina...

Thats one way of looking at it, the other more practical way is look what happened when we gave Paton, Mackie and Clark long contracts...........ye canna get rid of them if it turns to shyte