Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

Apologies for not getting back sooner to all the replies. Firstly, ChutneyLove, I am really sorry we cannot take you up on your lovely goalkeeper offer, it seems that we have now grabbed someone else!

Second, it appears that your lad is about to sign on Friday, if he hasn't already. I totally understand why you will be be puzzled and a tad annoyed but I can promise you, we will look after him. If he plays as we hope, the fans will love him to bits. He will either progress with us, or if we mess things up again and he's that good, a bigger club will get him anyway. There have been recent young stars coming down from Scotland to bigger clubs but many have ended up in reserves or out on loan. Fraser will get a lot of game time and it is one of the best clubs he can learn at. Eddie Howe is one of the brightest young managers in football and will give him some proper care and attention.

Its a good club, well thought of by many in the game and he couldn't find a better club under Championship level I promise you.

All the best to Aberdeen supporters, don't hate me but I've always followed Celtic from down here, only because my school played in green and white! But always liked you guys and the fans my bro' is friendly with on Twitter are all good sorts, proper footy fans....would like to see you back challenging for trophies...

:clangers2:

Come to think o' it...I've still nae seen ony official word o' him signing.

Am I that detached fae the general news stream?

Is that why I've nae seen onything bar comments on a forum?

I do try and keep abreast of current events.

I do know that a helicopter crashed into a crane in Algeria, killing scores of tourists...which has led to riots in Belfast and a heap of cold weather.

Come to think o' it...I've still nae seen ony official word o' him signing.

Am I that detached fae the general news stream?

Is that why I've nae seen onything bar comments on a forum?

I do try and keep abreast of current events.

I do know that a helicopter crashed into a crane in Algeria, killing scores of tourists...which has led to riots in Belfast and a heap of cold weather.

And the amusing anecdote at the end of the report,

Ryan Fraser steps up a level at Bournemouth - Hahahaha

All the best to Aberdeen supporters, don't hate me but I've always followed Celtic from down here, only because my school played in green and white! But always liked you guys and the fans my bro' is friendly with on Twitter are all good sorts, proper footy fans....would like to see you back challenging for trophies...

And the fact they win everything probably helped! Do you follow Yeovil too? :clangers2:

Anyway, big lolz at Fraser. No ones going to convince me it's a good footballing move.

He spoke a load of shit and knifed the club at the first opportunity he got, while saying it was to play at a higher level.

Fuck him I think about sums up my feelings right now.

Next.

spot on a don in oz.

If a player wants to move then thats fine with me but don't feed us this higher level bull shit, despite what the AFC Bournemouth fans say, they are a nothing club. A club that has already been in admin and is now being bankrolled.

sounds like a sound business plan.

When Steve Lovell wasn't good enough for us anymore he went to Falkirk. Then when he wasn't good enough for them he went down to the 1st division with Partick Thistle. THEN, when he was EVEN too shit for Partick Thistle he went back to Bournemouth.

Those were the days

I'm pretty sure the Bournmouth manager is Lovells brother in law. Jobs for the boys.

I am still flabergasted by the lads decision.

When it was announced he was leaving I assumed wow he is taking a risk he is going to move to the Premiership into a youth team there and try and make it again. It's so difficult to make it in football he is taking a big risk I thought.

Now it is apparent he is moving to a team in League One I have to say it is even more baffling. No disrespect to Bournemouth but they are just as likely to be League Two as they are Championship over the next couple years. Most likely outcome they are in the League One for the whole of his contract and he is a Warren Cummings, Paul Coutts, Martin McIntosh at BEST. BEST!!!. The chances of him becoming a Darren Fletcher or Gary McAllister or even a Charlie Adam are so remote now it is about as likely as Bournemouth themselves finding themselves in the Premiership.

I'd probably say he looked in terms of instant impact the most exciting prospect in Scottish football since either Riordan or McFadden appeared on the scene. Both of them have shown it is not an easy ride to fulfill your potential and both have massively underachieved in their careers.

I hate to say it but honestly feel moving to Celtic or sevco would have been a better idea if they were chasing more money.

Good luck to the lad and fair play to him if he makes it to Premiership and Scotland international level but when he completes his move today I shake my head.

• Upvote 1

Or Buckie Thistle - green and whites too?

Bournemouth for fucks sake.

Still canna stop saying that.

Yeah...see how it looks re: green and white...I was about ten at the time, Kenny Dalglish had just left Celtic for Liverpool...I knew nothing about how good Celtic were at the time! And no, I don't support Yeovil!

It does seem he will be signing today and I totally understand all the negative comments. But like I've said, if he comes here and does as well as we hope, he will hopefully lead us to promotion this season or next and his stock will rise. It could be a great way for him to reach the Premier league eventually, probably more so than if he went to Celtic or Rangers anyway. He could have gone to Cardiff I believe but he wouldn't get in their team right away. If he'd gone to Huddersfield, they don't play good football, very much a kick and rush team [ albiet good at that ] so would he have shined foe them? Bournemouth play nice football with wingers on both flanks, the style will suit him.

Of course, as it stands, its not a higher level for him than if he stayed with you guys but maybe he is speculating to accumulate? Only time will tell I guess.

Folk always go on about Football is a short career... But if a company sponsors and pays you through studying college or university paying everything food, books, fees surely the moral thing to do is work for the company for a few years to return the faith they put in you in the early stages of your life? Does money always have to be the the motivation? I think football just aren't that clever and chase the money rather the drive to better themselves on the pitch.

Good luck to Fraser but I think his career will take a step back even if his bank balance doubles. We may not be the famous Aberdeen anymore but we still are recognised in England and Europe by other clubs more than Bournemouth will ever be.

Yeah...see how it looks re: green and white...I was about ten at the time, Kenny Dalglish had just left Celtic for Liverpool...I knew nothing about how good Celtic were at the time! And no, I don't support Yeovil!

It does seem he will be signing today and I totally understand all the negative comments. But like I've said, if he comes here and does as well as we hope, he will hopefully lead us to promotion this season or next and his stock will rise. It could be a great way for him to reach the Premier league eventually, probably more so than if he went to Celtic or Rangers anyway. He could have gone to Cardiff I believe but he wouldn't get in their team right away. If he'd gone to Huddersfield, they don't play good football, very much a kick and rush team [ albiet good at that ] so would he have shined foe them? Bournemouth play nice football with wingers on both flanks, the style will suit him.

Of course, as it stands, its not a higher level for him than if he stayed with you guys but maybe he is speculating to accumulate? Only time will tell I guess.

Sensible quote, unlike others I have read on your forum who have absolutely no clue whatsoever about the game up here and seem to think otherwise.

To be honest Dave I hope the lad becomes a megastar. It's reported up here that we'll have a sell on clause in there and if he goes to another team from Bournemouth for