Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

I wouldn't wish it on you, but I find it pretty funny when fans of clubs such as yourselves, and Hearts, and Portsmouth lap up any form of 'success' your sugar daddy has delivered, and don't worry about how the club is run while the sun shines, and then when it all comes crashing down it's all "Save Our Hearts" etc. If I were you I'd be worried. Look at Swindon. It can all change in an instant.

Sand foundations. See Plymouth. Portsmouth. Coventry. Rangers. Hearts. Dundee etc etc for how not to run a football club long term.

Hopefully Chelsea and Man City go tits up too.

We are in no position at all to tell clubs how to run financially.

To be honest I think the club have done well here.

The club absolutely have done well, and I don't see the point of criticising Bournemouth: they're a team buying a decent player available to them for peanuts. Duh? Good move on their part.

The only culprit here is Fraser with his line of bullshit. The guy could have been a hero but instead has been proven to be an utter gobshite. C'est la vie. And since he's gone... it's really time to move on.

He stiffed the club and the club turned it into not quite as bad as it could have been going on all accounts of the wee bit extra money we got.

I'm certainly not going to be magnanimous about him hoping for a good career as I don't believe in fake pleasantry. The backstabbing cunt could get chopped down for all I care in the next game.

So.... next!

I wouldn't wish it on you, but I find it pretty funny when fans of clubs such as yourselves, and Hearts, and Portsmouth lap up any form of 'success' your sugar daddy has delivered, and don't worry about how the club is run while the sun shines, and then when it all comes crashing down it's all "Save Our Hearts" etc. If I were you I'd be worried. Look at Swindon. It can all change in an instant.

Sand foundations. See Plymouth. Portsmouth. Coventry. Rangers. Hearts. Dundee etc etc for how not to run a football club long term.

Hopefully Chelsea and Man City go tits up too.

I'd hardly say we are on the soundest foundations ourselves, and for 10 years of ridiculous spending where we won just a league cup, we are really suffering for it now. The examples of Romanov and the second time at Dundee are not too disimilar to our club, just we know that our backer has money behind him to (hopefully) prop us up should the day come when no-one else is willing to take on the finance.

I don't see why people laud up such things against other teams when they get in to such a position (unless they latched on post-splurge, but then that type of fan won't actually care), when they don't really have an option.

In your position as an Aberdeen fan, if someone came in promising investement on the pitch using their own cash, you'd protest? You'd stop going to games? You'd not comment on any additional success that came your way as a result?

I'd hardly say we are on the soundest foundations ourselves, and for 10 years of ridiculous spending where we won just a league cup, we are really suffering for it now.

This is unfair.

Rangers were cheating during this era of 'ridiculous spending' so we were effectively chasing something that was unattainable in hindsight.

But we never knew this at the time.

The tentacles of their cheating ran very deep indeed.

Prior to that we were more or less equal.

i.e. it's not our fault, and we never set out to get into the hole, we were forced into it by corruption.

I'd hardly say we are on the soundest foundations ourselves, and for 10 years of ridiculous spending where we won just a league cup, we are really suffering for it now. The examples of Romanov and the second time at Dundee are not too disimilar to our club, just we know that our backer has money behind him to (hopefully) prop us up should the day come when no-one else is willing to take on the finance.

I don't see why people laud up such things against other teams when they get in to such a position (unless they latched on post-splurge, but then that type of fan won't actually care), when they don't really have an option.

In your position as an Aberdeen fan, if someone came in promising investement on the pitch using their own cash, you'd protest? You'd stop going to games? You'd not comment on any additional success that came your way as a result?

Any real football fan would protest. We have seen this happen time and time again where it has back fired and the club has gone to the wall. You'd still celebrate any success because it's still your club and you still support them. I'd rather we won by building a decent foundation and spending within our means, rather than the Chelsea, Man City approach.

I have noticed people talk about the English Second Division Championship like it's an important league and it's like some kind of pinnacle. It's not. It's a very competitive league with a decent level of player, but this is ONLY because of the amount of cash that is flowing around and the amount of oversees players playing in the EPL. I reckon that the Championship is only slightly below the level the EPL would be at if SKY hadn't got it's grubby paws on the game. I'm sure the Bundesliga 2 and the La Liga second tiers are decent standard, but nobody gives a shit about them! Same with the Championship. We're just unlucky to have to share a room with these bastards that they keep going on about it.

I noticed that the Bournemouth fans seem to think that the money in the English lower leagues has nothing to do with SKY...utter nonsense! You just need to look at the amount of cash that is thrown around these clubs who are getting less than 10k at games to know that the money is there. Getting RELEGATED is very lucrative from the EPL as well, so of course that money is going to get passed down the leagues.

Essentitally the biggest issue is that we are the same country and there isn't a great deal of cultural difference between living in a Scottish city or English city (unless you are a fud like Barry Ferguson).

A Danish top division player isn't going to rush to sign for a Spanish Segunda team, just because they are offering a 30,000 extra euros a year. A SPL player probably doesn't think twice about it if a League 1 or 2 team are offering

So your hypothesis is he went to Bournemouth because they have better training facilities ?

Not just because of that.

I reckon the treatment he's been getting in the SPL will have been one reason for his move. There are no promises he'll get better treatment in League 1, but the standard of tackling by some 'defenders' in this league is shocking. Some are more interested in hurting an opponent than taking the ball off of them.

I also believe that there's more chance of him getting the 'big move' that so many have said he should have waited for, whilst he's with Bournemouth. Ok, League 1 may not be the best standard in the world, but Bournemouth could very well be playing in the Championship next season, which is a better standard and gets a lot more attention. If you can make an impact and stand out in the Championship, you've got a much better chance of moving to the Prem than you would making an impact at Aberdeen.

Also, the money, but not in the greedy way that some people are suggesting. I don't believe for a second that AFC only offered him

• Upvote 2

This is unfair.

Rangers were cheating during this era of 'ridiculous spending' so we were effectively chasing something that was unattainable in hindsight.

But we never knew this at the time.

The tentacles of their cheating ran very deep indeed.

Prior to that we were more or less equal.

i.e. it's not our fault, and we never set out to get into the hole, we were forced into it by corruption.

We speculated to try and accumulate. It isn't all that different. All the clubs in England are doing that, through spending money they don't have, either from banks or sugar daddies, all in the name of trying to compete with others doing it. Ends up a vicious cycle.

We aren't even talking about finishing second behind Rangers when all this spending was going on either. At the tail end of the time we were throwing cash about under Ebbe, we were nae exactly competing.

Essentitally the biggest issue is that we are the same country and there isn't a great deal of cultural difference between living in a Scottish city or English city (unless you are a fud like Barry Ferguson).

A Danish top division player isn't going to rush to sign for a Spanish Segunda team, just because they are offering a 30,000 extra euros a year. A SPL player probably doesn't think twice about it if a League 1 or 2 team are offering

I wouldn't turn my back on the club I've supported all my life, no. Would you?

In a Hearts style £15k a week to pish like Kingston? Too fucking right I wouldn't be impressed. Lessons learnt from the past and other clubs show it will all blow up at some point.

We are in no position at all to tell clubs how to run financially.

And why can't we comment on other clubs situations just because we're also in debt? We can comment if we want. Doesn't mean they have to listen or pay attention. Nobodies under the impression all things are rosy in the gardens of Pittodrie.

At least now AFC are attempting to bring debt in line, which is pretty damn hard whilst trying to remain competitive on the pitch and keep attendances steady.

And FWIW I don't have a problem with the speculate to accumulate policy, within reason. It's a sound policy if carried out effectively. Mismanagement with money our biggest problem. But spending waaaay beyond your means racking up loads of debt is never wise.

• Upvote 2

Not just because of that.

I reckon the treatment he's been getting in the SPL will have been one reason for his move. There are no promises he'll get better treatment in League 1, but the standard of tackling by some 'defenders' in this league is shocking. Some are more interested in hurting an opponent than taking the ball off of them.

I also believe that there's more chance of him getting the 'big move' that so many have said he should have waited for, whilst he's with Bournemouth. Ok, League 1 may not be the best standard in the world, but Bournemouth could very well be playing in the Championship next season, which is a better standard and gets a lot more attention. If you can make an impact and stand out in the Championship, you've got a much better chance of moving to the Prem than you would making an impact at Aberdeen.

Also, the money, but not in the greedy way that some people are suggesting. I don't believe for a second that AFC only offered him

After everything that has been written on here about the outside investment into our team, criticism I don't really have a problem with as I agree to an extent, that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Stand up and say your club screwed up like a man rather than pointing the finger elsewhere. It's unbecoming of a club that is supposed to have such tradition.

Also, if what I've picked up on here is true and you're in debt to the tune of

As I say, I understand him moving.

Good luck to him.

Scottish Football needs to sort their game out.

mate, just out of interest what can be changed with out investment? how would you attract this investment?

we share a border with an insanely rich league thats funded by the richest TV company in the UK so I have no idea what we could do up here to rival this.

After everything that has been written on here about the outside investment into our team, criticism I don't really have a problem with as I agree to an extent, that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Stand up and say your club screwed up like a man rather than pointing the finger elsewhere. It's unbecoming of a club that is supposed to have such tradition.

Scottish Football was good before money ruined the game and it wasn't bad when our clubs were spending outwith their means. Rangers were attracting players like Flo, Laudrup, Van Bronckhorst etc. But this would never happen these days because they cheated and would never be able to afford this level of player.

The best thing we can do is just go back to grass roots, although the way our young players are trotting off to unknown English Division 3 teams...that might not work either.

Football needs to implode on itself and start again. Not just this country, but throughout the whole of Europe.

Wages need to come down

Fees need to come down

Fans need to start going back to games and stop watching man u on tv

Scottish Football isn't in as bad a state as people are making out. Just look at the amount of very good young players Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs etc have brought through recently...we're definitely heading in the right direction.