Algerian Hostage Situation

Redmist1903

Just spent the last 3 days with CID. 10am until 9pm Wednesday and Thursday and until 5pm today. Safe to say my head is well and truly mangled. Hopefully OK to go to match on Sunday.

Press still hard at it although it's now all foreign journos from Japan to Columbia. :dontknow:

Have you ever heard the expression, The Tale Grew in the Telling?

By this point I'd be telling the Jap Journos, via interpreter, all about how I garroted half a dozen Al Qaed, leading a group of almost a hundred terrified Algerians out into the desert, where I dug down into the ground to create a well, using a T-Shirt and a beer can as an improvised water filter, keeping them alive until the authorities arrived. Obviously I was unsure as to the true identity of the army sorts who picked us up, so I disarmed one of their patrols and interrogated them... in French... until I was satisfied they weren't a security threat.

My book would be called, 'Moptop Zero Thirty'.

Either way, start charging for interviews.

Have you ever heard the expression, The Tale Grew in the Telling?

By this point I'd be telling the Jap Journos, via interpreter, all about how I garroted half a dozen Al Qaed, leading a group of almost a hundred terrified Algerians out into the desert, where I dug down into the ground to create a well, using a T-Shirt and a beer can as an improvised water filter, keeping them alive until the authorities arrived. Obviously I was unsure as to the true identity of the army sorts who picked us up, so I disarmed one of their patrols and interrogated them... in French... until I was satisfied they weren't a security threat.

My book would be called, 'Moptop Zero Thirty'.

Either way, start charging for interviews.

Nae my style Kelt. Financial gain means fuck all to me for this. I'm pretty drained with interviews. There is a guy from BBC who has been spot on through all of this and I feel like I owe him one but I'm fucked if I'm being interviewed in English and having it translated into Spanish. They'll compare my hair to Puyol FFS. :clangers2:

Cracking Guardian article today. Murielle was with us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/jan/25/algeria-hostage-crisis-full-story

Nevermind Ke1t's story you were given your script earlier in this thread;

So for your next interview you have to properly explain that at the start you were in your office surfing "afc chat, the number one football forum on the web" and then the only thing that kept you going was the thought of getting back to a wifi connection to log back in and check was was new on "afc chat, the number one football forum on the web."

Then on your release it was only because the Algerian Special forces recognised you as a poster on "afc chat, the number one football forum on the web" that stopped then from arresting you all.( You can say you made a pun and that they then mistook you for Harcus and were loading their rifles when you picked up their spelling and they then recognised you and the day was saved but only thanks to "afc chat, the number one football forum on the web".)

Now don't muck it up. :thumbup1:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Boof, was speaking to a BP worker last night (he works in Egypt at the mo). We got talking about what happened and he said that that news that would be breaking soon is that a driver or drivers had been sneaking guns into the compound before the attack. Is that the case?!

Canna be the case. That would be a clear breach of health and safety and would never happen on The Boofs watch.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If The Boofter had been killed I would have named the par-3 with a putter competition The Boofon Memorial Cup. Since he is still alive he should hurry the fuck up and get the remaining five holes organised.

Eh think the more pressing issue would have been the Death Pool. All manner of fowk would have wanted to change their team to include him, a sort of tribute to The Boofon.

I'm expecting major contrition from you tommo1903.

As I destroyed 'local hero' boofon at pool.

Like the Taliban, I show no mercy, take no prisoners.

Yes but he was a fragile man.

I guarantee that in 5 years time when he is back fully fit he will ruin you at pool.

I'd be glad to gub you at a game of kerby in the meantime.