Algerian Hostage Situation

Redmist1903

I will say, Boof, that you came across well.

Too often the Aberdeen accent can come across as yokel-fermer, but you did a man's job of sounding articulate and intelligent.

Made a change from the only other time you would hear an Aberdeen accent in the media, when Traynor would only allow through the most dungarees-wearing country-chiel sorts onto his show.

• Upvote 2

Too often the Aberdeen accent can come across as yokel-fermer, but you did a man's job of sounding articulate and intelligent.

Made a change from the only other time you would hear an Aberdeen accent in the media, when Traynor would only allow through the most dungarees-wearing country-chiel sorts onto his show.

Thanks. Some people (lets call them R Scientists) think I have been a bit soft in staying out of the way of the terrorists. Perhaps going outside and asking them for a square go would have made better reading but I'd not have been able to say so. :clangers2:

I'm happier being a hide and seek champ than a dead man.

• Upvote 3

Quite agree the Boofon - you've come across very well - one might ask, if feeling churlish, what goes wrong so often when you post here?

But I'm not a churl so I won't.

Well done on getting out.

Have a holiday!

Thanks. Some people (lets call them R Scientists) think I have been a bit soft in staying out of the way of the terrorists. Perhaps going outside and asking them for a square go would have made better reading but I'd not have been able to say so. :clangers2:

I'm happier being a hide and seek champ than a dead man.

Gee, you mean you had the opportunity to go all John McLean on the terrorists, and you chose to exit the facility alive rather than pick them off one by one from the air ducts?

3729423853_71b67a9941.jpg

Bunch of pissed off, heavily armed, fanatical Muslim fuckwits coming to execute the blonde-haired fellas? Frankly I'd have burrowed my way out of that fucking facility with a soup spoon at the first sign of soapy.

I've had a gun pointed at my face ONE time, and you can still see the stains on my breeks. In your situation there was only one sensible course of action, unless you happen to be Spetsnaz and just haven't told anyone.

• Upvote 1

I thought you came across very well. Not read the newspapers but seen you on the news today and heard you on Radio 4 and Radio Scotland.

Normally folk along the coast can't hide their doric ala Trawlerman style but you seemed to do it well.

Anyway I've a team of ghost writers writing childrens' books based on your life now.

Boof and Mokhtar go to the desert - a simple tale of good versus evil in the sahel.

When Boof met Buzz - Boof gets to meet an astronaut and learn about space

Boof and Muammar's coup d'etat - Boof meets a revolutionary leader and together they take over a country

I've high hopes - Nobel prize for literature and Man Booker are my aims.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you going to the Hibs game this weekend?

I've a few weeks off now anyway as I was due home on Wednesday for a month so we'll cross paths at some point in the next wee while.

No, but I'm going to the St Mirren game if you can make that?

I don't do early kick-offs as I'd have to leave in the middle of the night.