The 80's

daytripping

Your simplification of one principle within a context of a framework that you've never examined is the most idiotic.

I didn't champion any theory. I introduced a relevant principle, relevant to the debate then existing. To introduce the whole context and framework, an effort that takes no less than 24 hours for its introduction, was not possible on a fitba forum and not appropriate to even attempt in the context in which I invoked it.

You went off on one. I suspect it was the drink talking.

Sentence 1 makes no sense, relevant to the context. Unlucky.

You did indeed champion/promote the theory and it's wound a rather large noose around your neck. Something that you haven't shaken. The fact I've won this debate by a slam dunk is small beer to me, your water splashing has been gold to everyone involved.

You put forward a very sensible idea(about people are easily led) in the most idiotic way the internet has every seen. You lost, big time, got angry and dug a deeper hole.

Unlucky.

• Downvote 1

I'm kicking this one out to RS, who could ever forget putting Grolsch bottle tops in their laces.....ladies and gentlemen, I present Bros.

Jesus... nae fucking wonder I preferred the company of the punks, 'Hippies and Goths with flowers in their hair' (about 1 billion meaningless Kelt points to anyone who gets that reference) in the venue at that time.

This is what Aberdeen's alternative crowd were rocking out to in the suspiciously wet-carpeted Venue when the 'normals' were bopping away to Bros at Cupids.

I wonder what happened to Nicola fae Marathon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PgftKbQnQ

This is maybe just a tinge out of the 80's but still a band with some Aberdeen roots who were around in the 80's, I hate name dropping but I also shared a few beers with Mr C when he played Memphis at an all nighter back then, a sound guy. I won't drop my biggest name, will leave that for another night, she is gorg and I kissed the back of her hand, lol x

One of the Shamen drowned the week they made this video.

If I had only ten tunes to take to a desert island island this would be one of them.....

I was a participant in the bottling off of The Shamen at the Venue. Shameful act in retrospect.

They were supported by Sid Ozalid, who very nearly caused a riot. He got half a trumpet tune out before he was chased from the stage.

Move any Mountain is good, but it's not their best.

The Boss Drum version of Ebeneezer Good is godlike, with its intro chants and finger symbols. I used to bang that on every single day when I had to fight traffic on M10 through Downtown Detroit. The finger symbols leading into the first blast of techno were practically orgasmic. Try driving 70 through mad traffic while giving it Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5htF4JSc9Z0

And then... then theres this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXNZ0rqn-y0

:hysterical:

'Anybody got any Veras?' was the line of choice in our wee clique.

It's mad how out of his face Mr C clearly is in that vid. At the time he seemed fairly normal, but I suppose it's all subjective. If you spend half your time off your tits then off your tits seems a normal enough look, no doubt.

If ye need to ask, dayts, you werena there!

No 80's thread is complete without mention of Gabriels and Champers. The women were hard work, mostly snobby cows who came fae money. Good looking though and lovely to get to stay in their hooses, meet their parents and then fuck off, forever to be remembered as a one night stand. Sex was never brilliant with the rich girls. They were after more than I was prepared to give. Not natural people.

I went to Gabriels and Champers but never the Venue, sorry RS, if I know what I know now and that you were there I'd have went and met you.

I've just remembered Jamies at the beach, that place was fucking brilliant in the mid 80's, best club in town, I danced to I'm your man with some woman one night and her stilleto opened a half inch hole in my foot, my white socks turned red. :thumbup1:

Got banned for fighting the bouncers one night, was put from the top of the stairs to the bottom in the blink of an eye, tried loads of times but never got back in, was glad when it shut.

It was part of the Douglas Hotel. I drank so much once I spewed in the corridor on the way to the toilets, didn't then need to enter the toilets as I'd done what I was going to do, went back to the bar and got another round in.

I get you now, up a little alley off market street, entrance on the left, I have been in, was full of weirdo's so I left.

Just a stumble from the Metro, I was close.

Always tried to avoid the Metro. Some ropey fuckers in there, knife you as soon as look at you. And the guys that went there looked just as bad. Lot of salty sailors aff the boats, skinheids from Froghall, and Fat Metro Slappers seemed to be their entire clientele.

I did end up in there once... cannae mind much about it aside from a fairly strong impulse to go somewhere else before the AIDS jumped on me.

• Upvote 1

Lol. The weirdos you refer to were all hash heads and acid fiends, turning to sulphate and subsequently e's as the years progressed.

I was unusual in that my sex drive was always my driving motivator but I still needed to experiment with a'thin.

Thus I mixed my cultures. I just adapted. If pussy was on the menu, pussy was what I got. If tripping was the order of the day, tripping it was.

day tripping, if ye will. And all night and the next morning too. Nae sex on acid.

One of the bosses at my work was a venue regular and he always tells me that E hit there before anywhere else in Aberdeen, I agree, I was getting pissed in the clubs mentioned till at least 88/89 blissfully unaware of what you lot were up too.

Naw that was someone else. Long story but a trip down the cellar stairs at his flat was what the authorities telt us.

Never forget the cunt. He was an awesome man. The pain I felt seeing his name and the words "aged 20 years" on his coffin will live with me forever.

I mentioned on another thread today about losing a great friend, I know exactly what you mean, my friend ended his own life which makes it even tougher to take, I changed overnight when I heard about it. Life is special and my desire to punch fuck out of anyone left me the moment I heard, I'd give anything to have him back.

Following on from another thread comment I thought I'd start a thread discussing all that was great about the greatest decade EVER!

Can't start without posting up one of the main reasons....

I give you Margaret Thatcher, the greatest leader since Churchill.

ThatcherRexNilsJorgensen300.jpg

personal ? how old are you?

If he went for a swim drunk I remember that, sorry pal.

I remember that, sad stuff.

Knew a lad who ended up dead after going into a massive fish tank

at, pretty sure, Jamie's. Loved that place but never went back after that.

Back of Markie's was Tamells? Many great nights in there.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

Btw The next weekend franchise collective is going to be music you would like played at your funeral, going underground and crossroads are taken so get your hats on thinking, it won't be this weekend but sometime soon.

Night on the pills, couple of joints, Orb on the stereo, up in ten minutes for your work, the 80's, simply class.

Since when was 1991 in the 80s.

I was a participant in the bottling off of The Shamen at the Venue. Shameful act in retrospect.

They were supported by Sid Ozalid, who very nearly caused a riot. He got half a trumpet tune out before he was chased from the stage.

Move any Mountain is good, but it's not their best.

The Boss Drum version of Ebeneezer Good is godlike, with its intro chants and finger symbols. I used to bang that on every single day when I had to fight traffic on M10 through Downtown Detroit. The finger symbols leading into the first blast of techno were practically orgasmic. Try driving 70 through mad traffic while giving it Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box.

First thing I listened to when I got home from work on 9/11 was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWaQmQyTF24