The 80's

daytripping

Flicks!!!

Ballys was Arbroath.

Flicks, that was the fella.

I have indeed read Mr Ryder's autobiography. In fact I think I have a couple of them knocking around the house.

I have a copy of the Hallelujah in paperback less than 2 feet away, in fact :)

Flicks, that was the fella.

I have indeed read Mr Ryder's autobiography. In fact I think I have a couple of them knocking around the house.

I have a copy of the Hallelujah in paperback less than 2 feet away, in fact :)

Flicks had the first lasers in Scotland apparently, they must have got hold of the Aberdeen birth register cause they used to send invites to your house, toonsers and village people never mix, when i was there it was always a messy night, 25 stone bouncers taking liberties in a parochial shit attempt at being a proper club.

I liked his book though, when he and bez went buying drugs in brooklyn (i think) was a highlight.

Kelt,

Pick one team for a win on sat, NO long shots, I'll add mine, lets see how far this sky diver will get us.

What's the odds on Sheffield Utd for a win?

Was just reading an article about some lad in 1959, put 2p on and came away with nearly 900,000 quid, tax free.

See if you can manage that ;)

Cheers Huntly, it was a no option fight, they wanted any Aberdeen fans blood, thousands of them, they didn't bank on us taking it to them

Jim, If you ever went to Ibrox in the 80's you would know the score, it was bad at the best of times but that day we won 3 - 0, they also had a couple players sent off which sparked pitch invasions, afterwards they went radio rental, I believe we saved lifes or at least serious injury to run of the mill fans including women and children that day, it was raining bricks and bottles where our fans were coming out of the stadium, I don't want you to be impressed I'm simply stating a fact and am proud of my actions and those of my fellow fans that day.

I've read things like dayts but you da ken fit's true in the books etc, so it's good to get it first hand, you've got my respect!

Fat jim won't be impressed but I was still in a fit enough state to have it with some Dundee casuals in the car park that night, :laughing:

I was recognised and approached and thought why not, you only live once, got a few lads together and the rest is history, we got smashed to fuck. :thumbup1:

Good night though.

This place has clearly changed. I was banned from here because I made a joke about the fighting in Madrid that was stupidly misunderstood as condoning the violence in Madrid.

Now it is totally acceptable to boast about your violent past.