If anything, today's good performance has made me angry about how much of a better season we could have had, had we been a bit more adventurous.

Our whole team gets pass marks today (robertson scrapes a D). Langfields good performance won't harm his chances of keeping the #1 jersey next season, annoyingly.

Good to see 3 youth players making sub appearances also :trophy:

I agree with Buchanskii's point above.

Today showed what we can do when we go for the jugular FROM THE START, not just the last 20 minutes.

Have a go, be aggressive and usually you'll end up winning in this league.

Had we had this attitude all season, there's every chance we'd be up in 2nd.

Hopefully Mr McInnes was watching in the stand and making note of that.

We'll end up seventh I reckon, and stranded.

So annoying.

What might have been with the right attitude

we'll need a chum for josh up front. a boy that doesn't need to think, all he needs to do is first time, to score himself or lay off for a marauding midfielder. this is about the only thing Vernon can do 75% of the time.

get rid of all the fat never weres. lang "streak of piss" field, weird double chin funny head hughes, fatty rae and some others. with brown's street cred we can surely get some reserves from arsenal, spurs, juventus etc. or the wee Scottish/somalian lad from Chelsea, fast as a cunt, thon.

Josh has one hell of a leap, which allows him to win his fair share of headers and his pace/strength makes him difficult to play against.

He has improved a lot since he's been here, I was his biggest critic at the start of the season. Much better option that Vernon/Fallon - who both should be punted IMO. Give McManus and Smith a chance!

I've got a good feeling about next season, i'd love to be manager right now. with some expert tinkering of the squad we'll be raring to win from the get go.

this coming season is the time that could make their careers. the young lads should know this a great opportunity to set them on their way.

I've got a good feeling about next season, i'd love to be manager right now. with some expert tinkering of the squad we'll be raring to win from the get go.

this coming season is the time that could make their careers. the young lads should know this a great opportunity to set them on their way.

I agree

With 4 or 5 players likely to be leaving, and a few of them decent earners (Fallon, Milsom, Osborne) there is the scope to make the changes we need to be realistic challengers for 2nd.

A left back, a couple of centre midfielders and a striker and we'll be ok......if Derek McInnes makes the right signings, and sends the team out with the attitude and mindset they had today.

Robertson and Vernon were definitely the two weakest links. Vernon because he really was barely involved and Robertson because he was involved too much for his level of skill/concentration.

If he were to actually stay awake the entire game and do the simple things he might be ok but he seems to go to sleep and then attempt the play above his ability.

Magennis was fantastic up front. Shit refereeing stopped him getting 2 consecutive braces. We need an a.n.other to play up beside Magennis, whether that is McGinn with another wide man replacing him (and Fraser) or another front man I don't know.

The answers are not Vernon and Fallon though. Hope both are gone by the start of the new season.

I'm not the only one I'm sure watching that game thought that Ryan Jack was *immense*. He absolutely looked brilliant there today.

Clark Robertson is learning his trade It would be easier for all the defence if they could knock it confidently back to keeper. I was in lower RDS and a couple of times the big boot was required by defender cos Langfield not capable of dealing with any pressure passbacks bobbly pitch or not

Magennis is an abomination of a player. someone who has no basic skills like a first touch or a simple pass to him should not be in our squad, no matter how shit we are. just cos he has pace and strength doesnt make him an asset. he's mince. hopefully he is second out the door behind clangers in the summer.

agree about cammy smith, playin just off the main striker is a good option. quality wee player.

Behind Clangers, fallon, vernon, milsom, naysmit and hughes then you maybe get to magennis.

Indeed.. One can only assume that the wave of retarded vitriol towards Magennis is borne out of unqualified opinion.

ie

People who who haven't actually watched much AFC this season.

Not necessarily St Johnstone might get beat twice score neen and we could pump united 4 or more would that not see us into the top 6

That's the top 6 fucked then.

Killie have it sown up.

Two straight forward home games at home to Dundee & St Mirren to come.

Well if St J are beaten twice and we win that will automatically take us level on GD minimum. So nae need for the 4 goal thrashing.

Sort yer arithmetic oot min. ;)

I thought Robertson and Vernon were our weakest links today.

Jesus, I totally forgot that Vernon was playing - did he even contribute anything, I honestly can't remember?

Vernon has to be one of the first out of the door.

His inclusion yesterday was a hindrance to our attacking play. As has been standard this season.

Needs to go..

Robertson and Vernon were definitely the two weakest links. Vernon because he really was barely involved and Robertson because he was involved too much for his level of skill/concentration.

If he were to actually stay awake the entire game and do the simple things he might be ok but he seems to go to sleep and then attempt the play above his ability.

Magennis was fantastic up front. Shit refereeing stopped him getting 2 consecutive braces. We need an a.n.other to play up beside Magennis, whether that is McGinn with another wide man replacing him (and Fraser) or another front man I don't know.

The answers are not Vernon and Fallon though. Hope both are gone by the start of the new season.

I'm not the only one I'm sure watching that game thought that Ryan Jack was *immense*. He absolutely looked brilliant there today.

Jack has made a world of difference since he's been back.

Missed him big time this season.

Just hope we can hold on to Jack, when's his contract up?

Yesterday was good but not great. The number of games this season where we have battered teams and for one reason or another havent put the ball in the back of net is staggering. I personally believe we are the 2nd best team in the league and the battering we gave to Motherwell a few weeks back was far more convincing than yesterday. Although once again composure in front of goal has let us down.

I think ive missed 2-3 home games all season (including cups) and there has been numerous performances better than yesterday when we have only got a draw or even a loss for the efforts. I come on here post game to see "broon must go.....Anderson is past it.....get vernon out" and most of these guys dont even go to the bloody games.

"I'm not going back whilst he's in charge"...i.e JC......Roll on new management team and the same clowns are spouting the same p1sh about how rubbish aberdeen are. We've now got the brigade refusing to go as a Hun is in charge. If you support AFC you go along regardless of who is in charge.

This season is the first time in a while ive actually felt this team are good and potentially on to something. All those 0-0 draws ive walked out in disbelief that we couldnt sneak the ball into the net, yet I've not walked away depressed like previous years as I can see we are a good side (or close to being one). Our position wouldnt tell you that but with maybe 2 signing and also getting a bit more luck we should definitely be in the top 2-3 next season.

COYR!

Jack has made a world of difference since he's been back.

Missed him big time this season.

Agreed. He strolled through that match yesterday and not a coincidence that our midfield was so much better without Hughes there

Just saw the highlights and WTF is the South Stand linesman playing at flagging Magennis offside???? It's not even close to being offside