I'm in that silly place again where I think we're going to give Hearts a spanking.

3-1.

(yes I know we've not scored against them in ages... think it'll come together today though. yep. goo goo ga ga)

It's 3 years since we scored against them...2-1 Magennis double

I'm in that silly place again where I think we're going to give Hearts a spanking.

3-1.

(yes I know we've not scored against them in ages... think it'll come together today though. yep. goo goo ga ga)

I'm maybe missing something, but why the love in some have with Magennis?

Whole hearted undoubtedly.

OK, 2 goals against the beggars, one was decent enough (goalie mistake) and the second hit off him.

Think folk are forgetting his headless chicken antics, and touch of an elephant.

Hope he scores today right enough.

3-1.

I'm maybe missing something, but why the love in some have with Magennis?

Whole hearted undoubtedly.

OK, 2 goals against the beggars, one was decent enough (goalie mistake) and the second hit off him.

Think folk are forgetting his headless chicken antics, and touch of an elephant.

Hope he scores today right enough.

As much as he's a headless chicken, he ruffles up a defence like no other player we have with his strength and pace, and defences just don't know how to deal with him which opens up a game.

Compare that to the pedestrian and predictable displays when Vernon/Fallon are up front or when we're just punting balls in McGinn's general direction, he gives us another dimension as much as its down to Josh's physical attributes rather than his technical ability.

Interesting to see how many 0-0 stalemates we've had when Josh has been on from the start.

I'd say he's at his best coming off the bench with 15-20 to go when we're chasing a game.

I agree he has a use for "rummmelin up" a tired defence, but don't think he has the touch, or game awareness to play 90 minutes.

His attitude is spot on, it's just his basic skills I don't think are good enough......although you are right that he's a better option than Rory Fallon, but that's a bit like saying I'm a better janitor than Ian Huntley.

Is this is what it has come to, it's like primary school football - get the big, fast guy on because he can ruffle up the defence.

Never mind playing cammy smith, who is 10x the player Josh is, just because he is small and lightweight.

Is the pitch still in a shit state?

I agree.

Smith just behind Vernon, with McGinn & Hayes either side of him in a 4-2-3-1

Magennis should be a last resort with 15 to go if things are not working.

• Downvote 1

Is this is what it has come to, it's like primary school football - get the big, fast guy on because he can ruffle up the defence. Never mind playing cammy smith, who is 10x the player Josh is, just because he is small and lightweight. Is the pitch still in a shit state?

I agree.Smith just behind Vernon, with McGinn & Hayes either side of him in a 4-2-3-1Magennis should be a last resort with 15 to go if things are not working.

I like the lad, worth a new deal coz I still think he has something as a through the

middle forward and he ain't a great expense.

Off topic but Kev, does AIG mean anything to you?

Is this is what it has come to, it's like primary school football - get the big, fast guy on because he can ruffle up the defence. Never mind playing cammy smith, who is 10x the player Josh is, just because he is small and lightweight. Is the pitch still in a shit state?

I agree.Smith just behind Vernon, with McGinn & Hayes either side of him in a 4-2-3-1Magennis should be a last resort with 15 to go if things are not working.

I like the lad, worth a new deal coz I still think he has something as a through the

middle forward and he ain't a great expense.

Off topic but Kev, does AIG mean anything to you?

Tommy,

they sponsored Man Utd.

Apart from that?...

Why?

Magennis is an abomination of a player. someone who has no basic skills like a first touch or a simple pass to him should not be in our squad, no matter how shit we are. just cos he has pace and strength doesnt make him an asset. he's mince. hopefully he is second out the door behind clangers in the summer.

agree about cammy smith, playin just off the main striker is a good option. quality wee player.

• Downvote 1

Magennis is an abomination of a player. someone who has no basic skills like a first touch or a simple pass to him should not be in our squad, no matter how shit we are. just cos he has pace and strength doesnt make him an asset. he's mince. hopefully he is second out the door behind clangers in the summer.

agree about cammy smith, playin just off the main striker is a good option. quality wee player.

Behind Clangers, fallon, vernon, milsom, naysmit and hughes then you maybe get to magennis.

• Upvote 2