Becoming A Dad

weemackie

After our first was born at New Yr, it's just been confirmed this week at the Dr. that Baby Balboa No. 2 is on the way... we planned on having them close together, but bloody hell, conceiving less than 3mths after our 10lb 4oz boy arrived after a 26hr labour... I can only marvel at our own fertility - and the wife's durability! :D

Congrats Jocky min.

And commiserations also to Mrs Balboa, who'll now hae a chuff resembling oor Wullies pail

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers folks.

Hopefully get her home tomorrow.

Amazing feeling and something that will never be replaced by anything.

Long and gruelling time waiting and labour seemed to go on forever but L doing fine. We got engaged 4 years ago yesterday so its quite fitting she came yesterday... its also Grandads 50th today so a good birthday present for him.

I'm very proud and happy.

Congrats min, exactly a week after my 2nd...

• 6 months later...

I hate buying nappies. Thankfully my eldest is out of them now but my wee boy still likes a smeary shite. They are such a fuckin' rip off too. They must be one of the highest profit things out there.

Can't buy a mountain of nappies without buying a mountain of wipes :clangers2:

Better half goes far too OTT with wipes. I can use 1, 2 at the very most per change.

I hate buying nappies. Thankfully my eldest is out of them now but my wee boy still likes a smeary shite. They are such a fuckin' rip off too. They must be one of the highest profit things out there.

That's just the way they're designed.

Always used proper nappies for our two. None of this harmful to the environment crap.

Cheaper and healthier for all concerned.

Bambino was the brand name.

Tree huggers do my nut in.

Who actually gives a toss about the environment?

Freaks, that's who.

A comment of great sensitivity, showing compassion and great wisdom.

• 4 weeks later...

Baby Balboa No.2 arrived on Xmas Eve, trouble-free and double-quick. That's one boy and one girl, both born this calendar year. I asked myself earlier, what are the chances of a new year baby and a Xmas baby in the same year?

Anyway... AFC now has 2 more young fans. The wee man got his AFC kit from us in the Summer, the other will follow before next season.

COYR!

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Baby Balboa No.2 arrived on Xmas Eve, trouble-free and double-quick. That's one boy and one girl, both born this calendar year. I asked myself earlier, what are the chances of a new year baby and a Xmas baby in the same year?

Anyway... AFC now has 2 more young fans. The wee man got his AFC kit from us in the Summer, the other will follow before next season.

COYR!

Congrats Min.

A gentleman's family

• Upvote 1

COYR!

Brilliant news.

Irish Twins is the term I'm lead to believe.

COYR!

Quick work you've made of that! Hope your wife and baby are doing well. Congratulations!

• Upvote 1