Becoming A Dad

weemackie

Congrats Jocky, :)

Unlike Foster who I'm sure was bleezing when he posted I'm happy you shared your news with us, we're a bunch of bastards but we're good bastards, I'm always chuffed when one of us has amazing news and nothing gets bigger than another dandy being born into the World.

Well done you and your missus, it's the best feeling ever, enjoy it. :)

And welcome to the World little Balboa. :flag:

Aye but Foster I think you are missing the point as with each new arrival there is one more Dandy in the world, surely worth a toast

My 4 year old has just managed to differentiate when The Dons are on tv and not some other team in red let alone fitba, pwood pwood moment

Oh and aye, congratulations to all the recent arrivals :applause:

I'm sure my daughters first sentence was, "I hate Rangers".

It was like training a parrot.

My party trick was, Chloe who do you hate.....Rangers was the reply every time. :laughing:

Pity they went bust, took me a long time to train that.

Congrats Jocky. My wee boy was a similar size.

My wee girl is 21 months old - she announces "Come on The Dons" every time she sees fitba on the telly. She can't differentiate teams yet, thinks they are all The Dons. I'm happy enough with that for now though. She also thinks Angus the Bull plays for The Dons. Happy to keep that going as well.

Nice one Jocky

Let's have another one.

Cos folk with one kid only are either broken relationships or dysfunctional humans.

Usually cos the woman is a cunt who can't go through the pain through her cunt again or more rarely, a materialist man who has an incapacity to love and who values his me time too much.

Nae fuckin wonder with maths like that!

(disclaimer - one obviously hasn't sat highers yet)

I use ISD's all the time. It caught one pretty quickly.

Now, uncle rocket doesn't make mistakes like that. I make mistakes, but not stupid ones like that.

Now, work it out. What is the mistake that you made?

I use ISD's all the time. It caught one pretty quickly.

Now, uncle rocket doesn't make mistakes like that. I make mistakes, but not stupid ones like that.

Now, work it out. What is the mistake that you made?

Scroll over my post and see the invisible ink. I guess you would call it a counter-ISD.

;)

Anyway, since it's finally fucked off, here's a few grand's worth of advice for free.

There is one golden rule for parenting, and it's not even a rule, just a statement of fact really.

The infant who is nourished by love, particularly in the first few hours, days, weeks and months (they say the first two years are the most crucial) is the infant who will turn into a good child and good adult. It is ALL about love.

I can't ever remember sitting down and doing homework with my kids. I spent a lot of time with them, and inadvertently "instructing" them and "teaching" them in how to think and what is right and what is wrong but I never taught them anything more valuable than thinking for themselves and becoming self-sufficient, in everything.

We never spoiled them with the latest toys or with the latest must-have gadget/game etc. - apart from very occasionally when it fitted what they needed at the time - and as a result, they never badgered us for shit. They knew that they were loved, they knew we looked after them and they never turned into demanding, grasping little bastards as so many do.

My daughter returned to uni today and I gave her "something for the train fare". They love an unexpected couple of notes from time to time and when they know that we're there to look after them and insist they buy a new winter coat or help them by paying the deposit for the flat etc., they don't ask us for unnecessary shit. they can buy their own unnecessary shit.

Time, not money, is key. We were taxi drivers for our kids and given the various activities that we encouraged them to participate in - never our choice, always theirs - we were taxi drivers a lot. Even this holiday, my wife and I had nights with no alcohol so we could pick them up at all hours from various parties/nights out, including Hogmanay.

When you spend time with your bairns, you are spending love. This is ALL there is to successful parenting. there is NOTHING more. Simples.

• Upvote 1

Anyway, since it's finally fucked off, here's a few grand's worth of advice for free.

There is one golden rule for parenting, and it's not even a rule, just a statement of fact really.

The infant who is nourished by love, particularly in the first few hours, days, weeks and months (they say the first two years are the most crucial) is the infant who will turn into a good child and good adult. It is ALL about love.

I can't ever remember sitting down and doing homework with my kids. I spent a lot of time with them, and inadvertently "instructing" them and "teaching" them in how to think and what is right and what is wrong but I never taught them anything more valuable than thinking for themselves and becoming self-sufficient, in everything.

We never spoiled them with the latest toys or with the latest must-have gadget/game etc. - apart from very occasionally when it fitted what they needed at the time - and as a result, they never badgered us for shit. They knew that they were loved, they knew we looked after them and they never turned into demanding, grasping little bastards as so many do.

My daughter returned to uni today and I gave her "something for the train fare". They love an unexpected couple of notes from time to time and when they know that we're there to look after them and insist they buy a new winter coat or help them by paying the deposit for the flat etc., they don't ask us for unnecessary shit. they can buy their own unnecessary shit.

Time, not money, is key. We were taxi drivers for our kids and given the various activities that we encouraged them to participate in - never our choice, always theirs - we were taxi drivers a lot. Even this holiday, my wife and I had nights with no alcohol so we could pick them up at all hours from various parties/nights out, including Hogmanay.

When you spend time with your bairns, you are spending love. This is ALL there is to successful parenting. there is NOTHING more. Simples.

One for the vault.

Did you not just pay for the train fare as she was going to back to Uni?

:laughing:

so simple and so true. although a brand spanking shiny new play station 4 goes a long way.

what happens if like tup you spend all your time on aberdeen message boards?

One for the vault.

Did you not just pay for the train fare as she was going to back to Uni?

No, not for the vault. Read it once, recognise forever or whoosh, straight oer the napper.

I gied her more than the price of a rail ticket and told her to get a taxi. Nobody other than a weegie would be that grippit to pay a part of a train fare. In context, that's like saying "I like you a little bit but I don't love you fully" which is a bit silly really.

No, not for the vault. Read it once, recognise forever or whoosh, straight oer the napper.

I gied her more than the price of a rail ticket and told her to get a taxi. Nobody other than a weegie would be that grippit to pay a part of a train fare. In context, that's like saying "I like you a little bit but I don't love you fully" which is a bit silly really.

I did wonder but then anything is possible with you lot up there. ;)

Nice one Jocky

Let's have another one.

Cos folk with one kid only are either broken relationships or dysfunctional humans.

Usually cos the woman is a cunt who can't go through the pain through her cunt again or more rarely, a materialist man who has an incapacity to love and who values his me time too much.

We took that too literally. Our first born is 6 months old and she's 4 months pregnant with number 2.

Thanks dudes.

Doubt I will be performing any shows at the fringe in 2014 with a new baby though.

Fucking selfish bitch ruining my comedy career with children.

Well a month old baby would be a pretty pish comedy sidekick to be fair.

This news passed me by, congrats.