How Do You Feel About Homosexuals Right To Adopt Children?

i do know at least a few who have been brought up by same-sex parents. and they're fine. absolutely normal (if there is such a thing) people. caring, considerate, intelligent people.. just like some of the people on the forum. i'd rather any child were adopted by parents who want them and can give them a good home than stay in foster care.

i'll bow out of the discussion now. i've said my piece.

Genuine question: how did those circumstances come about i.e. did the couple just 'get' a child from a relative or were the parents bisexual etc?

I ask as, as I understand it, a homosexual couple cannot adopt a child in a legalistic sense at the present.

True, there's a kid that goes to kindergarten wi my two who is, shall we say, swarthier than the rest. His mom is a white Norwegian, the father has never been seen in the 2 years the kid has gone there.

Parental opinion is split between him being adopted, a fling with repercussions, or the father being "unavoidable detained" for a while.

Fowk gossip, and they would about any kid with two lezzers or poofs for parents.

:hysterical:

why the fuck dont you but out of it you dundonian mink; its none of your fuckin business.

Genuine question: how did those circumstances come about i.e. did the couple just 'get' a child from a relative or were the parents bisexual etc?

I ask as, as I understand it, a homosexual couple cannot adopt a child in a legalistic sense at the present.

Same sex couples it appears can adopt in the UK.

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/adoption/can-i-adopt.htm

Yes but there are thousands of male/female couple that are desperate to adopt. You're picking equality over the quality of life the child will receive. Think about the best interests of the child reddy.

Only there aren't, there is a chronic shortage of adoptive parents in the UK, I think kids on average are in care for almost three years awaiting adoption!

• Upvote 1

Only homos stick up for the rights of homos in my experience.

Wouldn't you support a neighbor/ work colleague who had learning difficulties even though you have none yourself?

Wouldn't you support a neighbor/ work colleague who was getting real racial abuse even though you, yourself are not of that creed?

What about the kid though? What do you think he or she will go through in life?

The grown-up gossip is more "does the mother like a bit of black" than anything to do with the kid.

Once he starts school tho, then kids will focus more on him, which isn't right, but is exactly what the kid of a gay couple would endure.

in the instances that first pop to mind, one child is the product of a hetero marriage (but were divorced when the father came out of the closet when she was about 5 or so, and grew up with her father and his partner til she moved away to attend uni, and then married herself). in another, the child is the product of a lesbian mother who somehow had six children in fairly short order with a man; he's always grown up with two mums though. and in another, the child was adopted by a gay man, who lives with another man.

in the instances that first pop to mind, one child is the product of a hetero marriage (but were divorced when the father came out of the closet when she was about 5 or so, and grew up with her father and his partner til she moved away to attend uni, and then married herself). in another, the child is the product of a lesbian mother who somehow had six children in fairly short order with a man; he's always grown up with two mums though. and in another, the child was adopted by a gay man, who lives with another man.

I appreciate your response, thank you.

Only there aren't, there is a chronic shortage of adoptive parents in the UK, I think kids on average are in care for almost three years awaiting adoption!

i can't speak for the UK, but i know that's much the case in Canada, where good adoptive parents (whether single, hetero or gay) are in short supply.

One of the biggest myths about adoption in Canada is that there are no Canadian children available for adoption. There are more than 78,000 children in the care of child welfare organizations across Canada. More than 30,000 of these children have parents whose parental rights have been terminated by the courts. What this usually means is that these children have no permanent family and will live in foster care or small institutional placements until they are legally of age.

Married herself?

Is that legal?

The grown-up gossip is more "does the mother like a bit of black" than anything to do with the kid.

Once he starts school tho, then kids will focus more on him, which isn't right, but is exactly what the kid of a gay couple would endure.

Still speaking of this single-parent situation, this depends on a whole host of factors:

The kid himself, his personality, his intelligence, his ability to make friends, his ability to stand up for himself, the nature of the other kids in the school.

It's absolutely not a foregone conclusion that he will suffer bullying any more than anyone else.

Still speaking of this single-parent situation, this depends on a whole host of factors:

The kid himself, his personality, his intelligence, his ability to make friends, his ability to stand up for himself, the nature of the other kids in the school.

It's absolutely not a foregone conclusion that he will suffer bullying any more than anyone else.

No, but on the balance of probability, would you not attribute them to a higher risk category of being bullied?

Plenty of heterosexual couples are not fit to have kids.

Can't see why the gays shouldn't be allowed to.

There are plenty of gays on here with their male perfume and hair products who probably shouldn't be allowed to though.

exactly. both of these points. i

I think this is more to do with the system. There is a shortage of foster parents, I don't believe this is the case for adoption, as others have stated adoption is near impossible particularly in Scotland which is disappointing.

No, but on the balance of probability, would you not attribute them to a higher risk category of being bullied?

If going on the basis that life is lived through one massive statistical league table as the middle classes would have you believe is the gospel of child-raising, then yes, perhaps. But in real terms, LGIR's post says it all for me and I say this because I was a child from a single parent and I didn't experience bullying, probably for the reasons in my post above.

It was the minkers that were fair game where I come from.

I think this is more to do with the system. There is a shortage of foster parents, I don't believe this is the case for adoption, as others have stated adoption is near impossible particularly in Scotland which is disappointing.

i was at a Canada Day BBQ the other day, at friends who, while they had two of their own children, wanted to adopt. they've been on a waiting list for some time. they just got a new girl a couple months ago. what slows down adoption here anyway, is familial rights. their daughter has just turned two in June. and she just became available for adoption not a month or so before that.

she was given up for adoption at birth. her mother was unfit. but the mother has up to one year to clean herself up and reclaim her daughter if she can prove she's fit. the child can't be adopted during that period. then you have other close relatives of the mother, who the Children's Aid Society will allow to file claims to adopt if they wish (figuring that a child raised with it's only family is better off). a couple of those came forward, so that was explored for several more months, before confirming they too were unfit. and there you go. finally up for adoption, and in foster care until then.. somewhere closer to the age of 2.

so the system certainly slows things down. that's for sure.

and i'd agree, that there's a shortage of good parents to adopt, be they single, gay or hetero.

there are some parents i'd not let raise a cat, let alone a child.

i was at a Canada Day BBQ the other day, at friends who, while they had two of their own children, wanted to adopt. they've been on a waiting list for some time. they just got a new girl a couple months ago. what slows down adoption here anyway, is familial rights. their daughter has just turned two in June. and she just became available for adoption not a month or so before that.

she was given up for adoption at birth. her mother was unfit. but the mother has up to one year to clean herself up and reclaim her daughter if she can prove she's fit. the child can't be adopted during that period. then you have other close relatives of the mother, who the Children's Aid Society will allow to file claims to adopt if they wish (figuring that a child raised with it's only family is better off). a couple of those came forward, so that was explored for several more months, before confirming they too were unfit. and there you go. finally up for adoption, and in foster care until then.. somewhere closer to the age of 2.

so the system certainly slows things down. that's for sure.

and i'd agree, that there's a shortage of good parents to adopt, be they single, gay or hetero.

there are some parents i'd not let raise a cat, let alone a child.

Yes, but in some ways raising a cat is harder than raising a child.

There is a system in place for the child, education is free, health provision and such like. I used to own a cat that used to climb the curtains, piss in the indoor plants, randomly attack me, and eat bottletops. Now I don't have children, but I'm sure they're better behaved than my now dead cat?