Motherwell V Aberdeen (1 - 3)

Guest findlay_1903

me personally, i'm delighted with the start and looking forward to turning over the tims on Saturday.

I just can't help myself when i read twl saying no way did langfield make an error for the goal when he clearly moved before anier had kicked the ball. that was a poor piece of goalkeeping imo. other than that clangers hasn't put a foot wrong and his distribution has been nothing short of sensational.

This,

Delighted with the start we have made.

Only pointing out what is obvious, We are still quite frail at the back and we are going to concede. At least this season we are in a position to be scoring 2 goals to make up for that. Last season we wernt.

aint read any of the thread bar a few comments on the last couple of pages and I aint getting involved in the clangers bashing for a change.

2 games in

2 goals conceded, both a little soft IMO but both also have 2-3 people to look for improvements from.

5 goals scored, 2 pens, 3 well worked.

IMO, Langfield looked a lot more assured that he has in the last 2 seasons when I saw him in game 1. Not saying he's changed his spots but there is a confidence about him I havent seen before.

Some great passing and movement on display in both games

Real commitment shown by the whole squad.

Didnt see game 2 but I'd say Hector could've positioned himself better and left the goal exposed. Not going to get carried away and point fingers at him though. He's just settling in, needs to get up to SPFL game speed and used to playing with the rest of the defence.

While there have been a couple of errors thats to be expected when so many new players are bedding in. Unlike other seasons where you can see that the new players probably wont be able to cut it and there was no room for improvement I dont see that this season. Only one I'm not convinced about so far is Zola. 2nd touch is a sliding tackle but then he comes away with a wee bit of skill that then makes you think there is something in there. He'll cause problems though and with McGinn and by the looks of the 1st game and commentary from this one both Pawlett and Hayes should also be able to knock a few in off his shots etc. Havent seen enough of Wylde yet to see how he'll do but I think we've got more than enough up front to score goals against anyone in the league.

Overall, delighted with the start,looking forward to the Celtic game and think we've got a real chance of making it 3 out of 3. I'll be there with bells on thanks to a free ticket I received in the post on Saturday morning - Thanks Highland Don!!!

I can't believe this thread.

Agree - a whole lot on Clangers - the goal was not his fault but Clangers beaten at near post is never a surprise and his positioning for it was not ideal - probably taken by surprise by the ball coming through - again complete attention to detail has been a weakness of his in the past. It should have been called back. And I did see his kick out to McGinn, unsure whether he was offside or not but it was a good bit of opportunism on Clangers part and in that move he deserves credit as many keepers wouldn't have spotted the chance.

Overall I though the team were pretty good, we need to play like this always - like Brazil of the 70s - just score more than we let in.

thank you

he never, ever gets credit for those kick outs, but he does it so, so often

It was a good kick and convinced McGinn was in own half when ball was played. However, Clangers doesn't get credit for them often because - contrary to your belief - he doesn't do it very often, usually holds on to it for too long...and most notably, 9/10 times he fails to reach the half way line and/or kick it in the desired direction.

• Upvote 1

It was a good kick and convinced McGinn was in own half when ball was played. However, Clangers doesn't get credit for them often because - contrary to your belief - he doesn't do it very often, usually holds on to it for too long...and most notably, 9/10 times he fails to reach the half way line and/or kick it in the desired direction.

You forgot about the people he seriously injures in the Main Stand - its become a no go area for anybody with frail bones.

I can't believe this thread.

I can.

My two cents worth again.

First I'll say that Langfield has obviously been working on his kicking and distribution over the close season as that seems to have improved.

What I will say is that out of the two goals conceded thus far, I'd say Langfield could have done better on one of them, but I'd have still expected the striker to score as it was harder not to.

The only fault I'd aim at Langfield on Sunday is that he allowed himself to be out thought by the Motherwell striker.

Ultimately for the goal occuring in the first place I blame Shaughnessy, and I've no doubt that McInnes has told him the same thing.

All this talk of Joe being fouled is McInnes shifting the focus from Joe being sucked into the middle, being woefully out of position and being out muscled when he went in for the challenge.

So despite Langfield being left exposed by his defence, he could have done much better for it.

Peter Schmichael was tremendous and making himself look bigger than he really was when faced with a one on one. He even saved a few efforts by doing this, he also conceded a few too.

Langfield should have employed this tactic on Sunday.

Anier more than likely would have still scored, but not as easily as he did.

And all this criticism of Langfield probably wouldn;t have happened.

Anyway, we've won two from two and played really well into the bargain.

All we want is Langfield to do better when faced with split second decisions and not wilt and make it easy for the opposition.

The end

interesting

so because he doesnt boot it right away, hes an idiot?

he does when theres something on

EVERY time

No. He is an idiot full stop.

What I'm saying is that, quite often when an easy quick throw or kick is on he chooses to hold onto the ball (quite often after feigning the easy throw like he is teasing us or something), flap his hands in a general direction that he thinks the ball will go and then boot it clean into the stand.