Motherwell V Aberdeen (1 - 3)

Guest findlay_1903

Fa?

Shambolic performance from boofon :clangers2:

What are everyone's thoughts about Zola after today?

Never tried. Feel asleep in Social club and woke up with 5 minutes to go. :clangers2:

Looks like Langfield made it easy for the Well striker...he was on his way down before the boy took the shot...poor keeping.

The boofon let himself down.

No more can be said.

Right, as far as the game goes

We went 1 down in the first minute.

I was strangely unworried.

Seriously had no fear that we could win today.

It was uncomfortable feeling that way, but buy fuck we were worth it today.

The boofon let himself down.

No more can be said.

Right, as far as the game goes

We went 1 down in the first minute.

I was strangely unworried.

Seriously had no fear that we could win today.

It was uncomfortable feeling that way, but buy fuck we were worth it today.

Same for me. After 10 mins I felt confident that we were going to win & was not worried that we were down 1 nil. Although I will admit to letting a couple of "is it just going to be one of those days?" thoughts into my head just before HT.

Once the equaliser went in though those thoughts were long gone.

fucking ridiculous blaming langfield for that

it was a 1:1 and the striker always has the advantage there

he thought he was going to play it across him which most strikers do

how about, instead, pointing the finger at hector for a fucking clownish attempt at playing the offside

MT, they have a fair point. It was terrible defending and we were caught really square, but Langfield was down faster than a cheap hooker. If he'd stood up he could have just caught the ball!! The defending and goalkeeping was just embarrassing! Thankfully what followed during the next 89 mins was much better!

Midfield sounds like it's night and day compared to last season. Glad we got Jack signed up to a long term contract - really hope we can show some balls and not cave in to the first bid of $750k.

Hopefully Zola was just unfit and will come onto a game.... hopefully we've not signed the new Tommy Wright!

Haha hes a good mate of mine. Some boy like.

Aye he did. Was a good un that, priceless.

I hope every flood warning sign in Aberdeen gets that graffiti on it in future..

That sign is all over the facebook and the twitter just now. Can imagine there will be loads for the tims game now.

McManus is a fucking bombs scare!! What has happened to him? He was never great but at one point he was Celtic & Scotland captain and now he is an absolute shambles!!

Was embarrassing how easily an unfit Calvin Zola strolled past him, before hitting his shot off the bar.

Pawlett looks much bigger physically and far more powerful when he's running with the ball. Wylde might have to bide his time before he gets a chance in this team!

Very happy with this result.

Listened on radio and sounded like we were well in control, and making plenty chances.

Much like last week.

Sort of nervous about next Saturday and the possibility of the feel good factor getting blown out of the water.

it was poor goalkeeping, he made sure there was plenty space for the scorer
by going down instead of making it difficult.

Correct. He was practically lying on the deck before the striker kicked the ball. Made his mind up for him.

Great that we have restricted the opposition to a couple of genuine chances in the first two games.

Disappointing that they have both ended up in the net.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Even if we don't beat Celtic its good to feel like we will compete.

Don't agree it was clangers error, just a great finish.

Sounded a very good team performance. It's been a long time since I've felt the need to listen to us on the radio and arguably my decision turned game around as it was 1-0 at the time.

As much as I hate him I don't think it was Clangers' fault for the goal but he did make it very easy for the striker. Beaten at his near lost yet again which is concerning.

Because we won, Langfield can get away with making his usual mistakes. Next week will be a different story as we will need him (and the defence) to be on form to get anything from the game.

• Upvote 2

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, the feeling that we would still win when Motherwell scored was weird, although as the game went on I did start to worry.

Number of excellent performances, Hayes again, Pawlett maybe surprisingly, McGinn as always, but the most important thing was the belief the team itself had, and the application, was a pleasure to see.

I thought Wylde did very well when he came on to, his type of game I imagine where theres space to hit on the break.

Atmosphere was remarkably good to, if this keeps up I could start really enjoying going to the football again!

Clangers wasn't great at the goal, but one on one, the guy scores, don't really see how he can be blamed. I've seen a few posts suggesting Hector was really poor, I thought he did ok to be honest, Zola is pish though, I understand people thinking, and hoping he will be better when fit, and to give him a chance, but my own view is he isn't a footballer. However that doesn't mean he wont be able to do a job in our league, but I hope we start with Josh against Celtic.

Great shot from Magennis to win the corner for the last pen too............

Probably still get slated though......Sad.

& a fantastic save by Holis (a keeper I've never rated) even more so after seeing it again.

When I seen it first I thought it was just kind of lucky stick out leg & hope for best but he actually reacted brilliantly for it.

Save of the season so far :P

Yet another occasion where we have conceded a goal that a solid object would have stopped.

We lose so many goals from langfield jumping out of the way of the ball its getting beyond a joke.

Its fucking amateur - tragic stuff.

Nae sure building a wall on the goal line is allowed in the rules of the game, it would almost certainly go down as unsportsman like behaviour.

Just seen the result after a busy weekend. Fantastic. Glad to hear Hayes is coming on, he's a player I really rate. Go in with the right (positive) attitude against the green and white then let's see where that can take us. I'd be surprised :crossfingers: if McInnes goes in looking for a 'respectable' loss/draw (a la past 'management'). Let's go for a more than respectable win and top the table at the end of the round.