Motherwell V Aberdeen (1 - 3)

Guest findlay_1903

The usual pish from the Langfield haters.... the boy sold him the shot to the left of him and he went near post. With the entire goal at his begging, how you think that was Langfield's fault is beyond me. That's almost like saying, if you stand up and don't choose one side to dive to during a pen, you're more likely to save it.

Get aff yer Clangers filled hate fest and rejoice in this glorious 3 points :cheers:

The usual pish from the Langfield haters.... the boy sold him the shot to the left of him and he went near post. With the entire goal at his begging, how you think that was Langfield's fault is beyond me. That's almost like saying, if you stand up and don't choose one side to dive to during a pen, you're more likely to save it.

Get aff yer Clangers filled hate fest and rejoice in this glorious 3 points :cheers:

Goal was only at his begging because langfailed dived before the cunt had even taken his shot.

Sure clangers had him on for first goal.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Hands down one of the best performances I've seen us to put in away from home, heart and passion with loads of fight, even a goal down everyone still felt confident we'd do something. Hayes was outstanding as was Pawlett, we have a bit of a swagger about us and loads of balls, we go out next week and hit celtic hard I'll be happy even if we were to lose, in the past we've lost too many gaes before a ball has been kicked, this season it's clearly going to be different.

Also special mention to the fans, great atmosphere, the flood sign was genius.

• Upvote 2

Loved the bit when McGinn scored the first penalty then ran to get the ball to get restarted quickly........no settling for a point

Liked that also. We used to take our time when equalised so manager can get another defender stripped and ready to come on.

He was on way down long before player took shot!! The picture show that pretty clearly.

Not even sure how you can "sell someone" when you run on and hit shot first time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Having said all this we did get Motherwell at a great time having just come back from Russia.

We should keep our feet on the ground as we got carried away before Celtic home game last year and we were utterly abysmal thereafter.

Just a word of caution folks.

Ach, there has been so much doom and gloom surrounding Aberdeen in recent years, so I'm loving the opportunity to get carried away!

I've been baiting my Celtic supporting friends since the final whistle yesterday - I'll probably end up with egg on my face - but I've suffered that many disappointments with Aberdeen and taking so many slaggings over the years that I can take it if the worst happens...

... however, if we do end up beating Celtic there is going to be absolute bedlam!

Loving the anticipation! Wish I could be there!

He was on way down long before player took shot!! The picture show that pretty clearly.

Not even sure how you can "sell someone" when you run on and hit shot first time.

I'm sorry, but you're all speaking cobblers. I just watched it again and there's nothing at all in what folk say that he was down before the lad took his shot.

And he sold it as he opened his body as if he was about to curl it into top/middle right hand side of goal (and someone mentioned it on Sportscene that he probably gave him the eyes as if to hit it that way).

Face facts and grow up everyone. Support the keeper, whoever that is.

I'm sorry, but you're all speaking cobblers. I just watched it again and there's nothing at all in what folk say that he was down before the lad took his shot.

And he sold it as he opened his body as if he was about to curl it into top/middle right hand side of goal (and someone mentioned it on Sportscene that he probably gave him the eyes as if to hit it that way).

This post is almost as embarrassing as the blunder itself.

Picture clearly shows langfield selling the jersey again.

His positioning alone is fucking terrible.

• Upvote 5

Deary fuckin me.

The only bit you got right was your first two words.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry, but you're all speaking cobblers. I just watched it again and there's nothing at all in what folk say that he was down before the lad took his shot. And he sold it as he opened his body as if he was about to curl it into top/middle right hand side of goal (and someone mentioned it on Sportscene that he probably gave him the eyes as if to hit it that way). Face facts and grow up everyone. Support the keeper, whoever that is.

If was shaping to hit it as you say "into top/middle right hand side of goal" then why would keeper go down early meaning wouldn't get near a shot that went high into that side of goal?

Personally want a keeper who will stand big and try make a reaction save. Any keeper who can't make a reaction save from a shot from edge of the box and having to guess and dive early should not be playing top level football. In this scenario there is absolutely no need to try second guess and go early. Striker is miles out and shaping to side foot shot.

• Upvote 1

pawlett looked really, really good pacy and direct as we know he is, but stronger too always liked him and hopefully hes found a new lease of life calderwood also always said hed end up playing behind the striker...

Definitely bulked up considerably over summer. Hopefully as a result of our new coaching staff and their whole approach which seems light years ahead of the medieval stuff under Broon.

• Upvote 1

Celtic have a fair few on International duty and have a trip to some outback place straight after the game on Saturday, Champions league is the be all for them, wouldn't be surprised if they rest a good part of the team.

Unfortunately I cant see this. No matter how much they will be loathe to admit it with the hun dead and the diet hun all but dead the fixtures against us are going to be their biggest in the league this year.

you are some boy twl, just when I think you cannot possibly speak any more shite, you then better it every time. the above garbage is a personal best for yourself.

TWL you are making a cu*t of yourself with this pri*kish defence of the Paisley Spastic,he's a drainer who has weakened the club from the minute he walked in the door...Derek obviously has reservations as he has signed Weaver...one bungle on Sat and Weaver will get the gloves.

Oh dear. Some folk just cannot grasp the concept of 'one team'.

Langfield - absolutely, 100%, categorically, blameless in this situation.

Others? Sure, he's made a complete c^nt of things. But two games into the season, plus however many pre-seasons, and Langfield is doing what he's paid to. Your (the haters) endless whinging about him, is completely wasted on everyone other than your kin. McInnes has him in place as No1 and I trust and respect McInnes a lot more than the opinions of a few bell ends on here.

This post is almost as embarrassing as the blunder itself.

Picture clearly shows langfield selling the jersey again.

His positioning alone is fucking terrible.

Blunder? BLUNDER??????? Mwahahahahahahahahaha :hysterical:

I trust and respect McInnes a lot more than the opinions of a few bell ends on here.

Slow down soldier...He's a hun who has made signings any contributor on here would have spotted...save you trust and respect for real people not a Weegie... one fuck up away from football wilderness.