Dumb America News Stories

Yes, the yanks and their guns are f*cked up.

The perpetrator of this attack turns out to be the usual 'sort' as shown by the arrest photos - the dead eyes and the petulant expression.

It is said he "wanted a return to social segregation" - I think its a sad fact that there is more of that already existing (in the USA) than we realise at times, as shown by the fact the story revolves around an "African American Church" as opposed to just a "Church".

Some fella was on the wireless explaining that "guns dont kill people - people kill people" - and while thats an argument I used to sympathise with, it is in fact bollocks and it sounds more tired every time they are faced with a pile of bodies. This imagined "right to bear arms" isnt worth the life of a single person.

Amazing they get so passionate over the "right to bear arms" but react with abject horror if you propose a "right to healthcare". Weirdos.

The racism angle quickly overtook the shooting angle. I think the shooting angle is the main angle - there was always be various types of prejudiced / bigoted wankers, alas, but it helps if you can keep them away from guns.

Anyway, another needless tragedy from the land of the american dream. Thank f*ck I live in Glasgow.

there's the guns -- sheer quantity and access.

but the racism is also key. how someone in this day and age could hate an entire race so much.

the shooter was quoted as saying he'd thought twice about shooting them, they had been so nice to him.

so these people have disproved the racism he'd learned right there. treated him kindly and hospitably.

and that wasn't enough for him to say that at least these particular people are different. and okay.

and that he returns that kindness with violence.

i don't understand it.

Imagine it was a Muslim that had done this. America would melt.

that was Jon Stewart's point last night.

If this had been what we thought was Islamic terrorism — we invaded two countries and spent trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives, and fly unmanned death machines over five or six different countires. All to keep Americans safe. We gotta do whatever we can. We’ll torture people. We gotta do whatever we can to keep Americans safe. Nine people shot in a church? What about that? ‘Hey, what are you gonna do? Crazy is as crazy is.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJl9iqnvkOE

http://www.cbc.ca/news/comedian-jessie-kahnweiler-tests-her-white-privilege-by-offering-drugs-to-police-1.3125187

interesting.

white privilege?

i think more like white female privilege.

i think even a white male would not have gotten off so lightly.

but both would seem to be better off than black men in America.

The most provocative clip in the video begins about 75 per cent [at 2:21] of the way through when Kahnweiler offers to sell two police officers prescription drugs.

"I'm selling my antidepressants, do you guys want to buy any?" she asks the officers, whose faces are blurred in the video.

"You know that's illegal, right?" says one officer, after which the smile fades from Kahnweiler's face and she asks, "What?"

"Those are prescribed drugs, and you are becoming a drug dealer by selling them," the officer explains.

"Oh, sorry," says the comedian as she walks away without even a slap on the wrist.

Maybe if Black people committed less crimes in America then they wouldn't be targeted so much, it's a simple solution, stop killing each other, stop drug dealing, stop carrying weapons, just as the vast majority of white females do.

.That could be construed as a racist statement. But it's not.

Black culture is all about idiotic shite like 'Keepin it real' and 'Thug life'... which generally involves violence towards each other in some shape or form.

You'll routinely hear complaints that a disproportionate number of blacks are incarcerated, well, fucking newsflash for you, folks, blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime. It's a combination of culture, poverty, and stupidity.

I will take anyone who thinks black culture doesn't exist for a wee drive through the D. I'll even let you get out and have a little walk around a black neighbourhood. You can prove to me that there's no such thing as black culture, and that blacks are just being picked on.

Remember to get Travel Insurance, though.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Kelt for engaging in a debate on the subject, ok we're just the people who post on the hat but we're probably a good cross section of society, LGIR put up a provocative posting suggesting young "white" females were less likely to be arrested or questioned by the police than young black males, perhaps she suggested that was wrong, I dunno but that's how it came across.

My reply was just as I see it, we obviously don't have the same problems as America but hear the same arguments about young blacks in London, fuck guys, you get stopped because you commit the most knife crimes and sell the majority of drugs.

I don't get stopped and searched these days, I keep a legal car, I don't sell drugs, I do no crimes, in my younger day I often got pulled to the side as I walked to Pittodrie but I was a rascal, when I stopped being a rascal it stopped. :)

Young black American males....stop being rascals!!!!

BTW I imagine I'd last 2 minutes in some parts of Detroit at night yet any of those who reside there are welcome to come visit me in Bucksburn, they want to try a life where life revolves around grass cutting and cleaning the toilet then they're welcome, they'd probably hate it....I could probably sympathise with that view, drug dealing and shooting folk sounds a fucking blast. :cool:

I used to be of the mindset that black folk were just regular schmoes like myself who kept their heads down and tried to get along... 15 years living next to the largest black community outside of Africa has done for that particular notion. I was naive to think that there was no black subculture, but there is, and it's the majority of blacks, not some isolated stereotype.

We've big Arab, Greek, Polish, and Italian communities round here, places the size of Torry where literally the first language is Farsi, Greek, Polish, or Italian... they don't even try to integrate with the rest of the English speaking world, but their townships are beautifully kept areas where you can walk around from bar to bar at night and never worry about someone pulling a gun on you.

As soon as you go into any, I mean ANY, African American community and the place looks like a fucking warzone, and anyone thick enough to go wandering around there at night is asking for a bullet in the back of the heid. If stating how things actually are is racist then so be it.

I've a mate who who was shot by a black guy in a bar, the wife was held at gunpoint by a black guy in Detroit, her grandfather was held up four times... each time by a black guy. I'd one workmate who broke into the office and stole laptops, black lad... not Polish, not Greek, Italian, Polish, Arab, or Scottish... each and every time, Black.

So if a disproportionate number of blacks are arrested, pulled over, or sent to prison it's because they're part of a subculture that considers criminal behaviour to be the norm. That's not to say cops shooting some black kid in the back because he's legging it is in any way acceptable, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much dumb, but Joaquim "El Chapo" Guzman, the leader of the largest Mexican drugs cartel, has broken out of the maximum security jail not far from Mexico City.

Pretty impressive as this is his 2nd time he has escaped.

Donald Trump will be sleeping a little uneasier after recently slagging Guzman off.

• 1 month later...

Seen the videos he recorded? Fuck me, scary shit.

Blasted himself all oer his car now anyway.

He was a blaik

He was there for what seemed like ages then blasted her, poor shot on him however had he not been filming it and held the gun with both hands he'd have got a couple of cracking shots away at her.