U20's Thread

Further proof that far too much emphasis has been put on turning the club in to a business and the football team has suffered, recruitment of players and staff is basic as fuck, more thought about the Kingsford fantasy dome than there is about creating a generation of quality players, shambolic.

• Downvote 1

Guest milne_afc

Further proof that far too much emphasis has been put on turning the club in to a business and the football team has suffered, recruitment of players and staff is basic as fuck, more thought about the Kingsford fantasy dome than there is about creating a generation of quality players, shambolic.

Correct. The football is a sideshow at best but more likely a hindrance for 'the developers'.

Maybe ollie1903 can inform but bar the excellent u17s I've heard most of our youth teams get hammered.

I can't comment too much, but i'd say that's a wee bit harsh. Results / scorelines at the younger age groups can be very inconsistent, especially the first transition from 7 aside to 11's. Some of the play can be great, but it looks like they might have taken a battering due to the goalkeeper being too small for the mannies goals. Freak results can happen at the older age groups also, as the 17's proved last weekend.

But no way should that have happened today.

I see Motherwell had 5 of their 11 with first team experience. Not to say they were older lads too. Average age was 17.

Source: Motherwell fan on Pie and Bovril.

Irrespective of this, and I realise we would be even more weakened as we cannot use players out on loan, no team representing AFC should be losing 9 goals in a match at an level.

McGhee should have walked or got sacked in the immediate aftermath of the parkhead massacre and serious questions need to asked of what's going on at this age group.

Been saying it for years ... youth squad up to Simpson is jobs for the boys.

Most of the lads has mummy and daddy pumping in cash into " youth development " , I still go and watch from time to time and I can safely say some of the lads that got let go for the imposters that are playing now is nothing but criminal.

If you look at the head of youth development or Scouting ..... That paints every picture.

Been saying it for years ... youth squad up to Simpson is jobs for the boys.

Most of the lads has mummy and daddy pumping in cash into " youth development " , I still go and watch from time to time and I can safely say some of the lads that got let go for the imposters that are playing now is nothing but criminal.

If you look at the head of youth development or Scouting ..... That paints every picture.

Yeah I noticed parents donated £14,000 recently...

Guest milne_afc

Canna understand why the fat hun is still playing in development games when clearly he has no future at afc. Youth dept. looks shambolic - start again I say.

Yeah I noticed parents donated £14,000 recently...

Not sure what the issue with that is. Most youth academy's rely on charitable donations and sponsorship to help toward costs. Without the Aberdeen parents association, which I'm not part of for the record, for example there would be no extra pre season tournaments, it helps towards extra training kit which otherwise would have to pay for (not a problem for some, but not as easy for others). I think they do a great job.

Here's the highlights.

I'm not exaggerating when I say 4-0 Motherwell at half time REALLY flattered Aberdeen. Fucking hell.

Is it me or this kind of a big deal and we have serious problems at that level?

https://youtu.be/pFnEnF2XgMU

Fucking right we have a problem. Our "gaffer" reckons it's okay to fold before a national final on his say so. Screams loser, now, alarmingly the youngsters are at it already.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1