U20's Thread

Shame your loon is injured, would have been great experience getting a steady run. Hope he recovers soon!

Cheers Dazzy. He's getting there. Almost back to full training. Had the opportunity to be in the squad today but he's nae quite ready. 16's have a friendly v St Johnstone on Sunday so he's aiming for a run oot in that if he comes through training tonight and tomorrow.

Dons team v Ross County: Craddock, MacPherson, Wells, S. Ross, M'Bayo, Roscoe, McLennan, Anderson, Dangana, Antoniazzi, Norris.

substitutes: Mutch, Robertson, Hutchison, Taylor, Chicken & Chesser :wtf: .

Tyler and Jack. Super talented. As above, Tyler probably would have had an opportunity to be in the squad before now in my opinion, but was out injured for a while. Jack is an U16 but has been playing for the 15's this season to build himself up again, due to also having some long term injury bother.

Just saw some arsehole, wanker, cuntface suggest disbanding the whole youth setup because it's a waste of money because our players only go on to play for Formartine and Morton. You know, apart from Fraser hitting up the EPL, Fyvie at Hibs and 5 of our last squad coming through our youth system.

Just saw some arsehole, wanker, cuntface suggest disbanding the whole youth setup because it's a waste of money because our players only go on to play for Formartine and Morton. You know, apart from Fraser hitting up the EPL, Fyvie at Hibs and 5 of our last squad coming through our youth system.

How much money has it made us though? I don't agree but there is a legitimate argument there. A lot of clubs down in England are going a similar route and instead just have a reserve/development team which play private games.

How much money has it made us though? I don't agree but there is a legitimate argument there. A lot of clubs down in England are going a similar route and instead just have a reserve/development team which play private games.

Well we haven't had to get players in to cover Jack, Pawlett, Considine, Wright and Ross who were all in our squad for the last match for a start. Plus, if we stop producing youth players then do other clubs stop as well? Where do we get our players from then?

Well we haven't had to get players in to cover Jack, Pawlett, Considine, Wright and Ross who were all in our squad for the last match for a start. Plus, if we stop producing youth players then do other clubs stop as well? Where do we get our players from then?

The way Brentford do it is they have a "B" team which is made up of 20ish players signed from other clubs academies, a bit like Dylan Thomas etc, and they train with the first team and play their games in regular friendlies. The argument is that running an academy is extremely expensive for little pay off and when a player of quality is produced (Ryan Fraser in our case) they fuck off and the club receive not very much.

Whether this is a good system or not remains to be seen and I'm not sure I'd like to see us do the same. I do agree that our youth system, as it currently stands, is not providing value for money.

The way Brentford do it is they have a "B" team which is made up of 20ish players signed from other clubs academies, a bit like Dylan Thomas etc, and they train with the first team and play their games in regular friendlies. The argument is that running an academy is extremely expensive for little pay off and when a player of quality is produced (Ryan Fraser in our case) they fuck off and the club receive not very much.

Whether this is a good system or not remains to be seen and I'm not sure I'd like to see us do the same. I do agree that our youth system, as it currently stands, is not providing value for money.

That's fantastic for Brentford, but if everyone follows suit then the whole thing collapses.

Obviously. Academies aren't going to go away but for clubs with less resources, such as ourselves, it's maybe something to be looked at.

Well if we don't have resources then who does? That would mean 40, possibly 41 Scottish clubs would be without it. Scotland would be without 19 of their last squad of 26. But Scottish clubs don't produce players so what's the point...