U20's Thread

Is that young Orsi lad getting any closer to the first team?

He seemed to be one of the better development squad players last season for a while.

He struggles to get a game for the U20s min. Was never one of the better players, I just brought it to everyone's attention that his name rhymes with Horsey.

He was scoring a few goals for a while & getting decent mentions in match reports as I remember.

What about Nutall? He been any good?

I'd rather have him than Parker I suppose. As I've said before, Scott Wright is about the only one I'd have in or around the first team.

Still think we should be approaching that Steve Cambell guy at Utd to see if he's interested in coming to us.

Once they have the tribunal & he gets his jotters there will likely be a few clubs interested in him.

At very least he would help improve on some of the cash we get for decent young players in future.

Is that the same guy Rocket used to bang on about?

Nah don't think so. Was he not some fitness guru or something?

Steve Cambell is their youth team coach & the guy that gets most of the credit for unearthing a lot of their young talent.

Got suspended for an argument with Jackie (apparently) about two of the young lads fighting & he punished the one that started it but he was one of jackies favs so they got into it a bit & he ended up on suspension.

Tribunal coming up soon but now that Jackie is gone Utd may see sense keep him.

You would bring him in and replace Sheerin? Mind he won us the title not so long ago ;)

Winning a title in the development league is fk all compared to managing to over inflate players value like this fkr has managed to do at Utd.

Hell if he'd been with us last season (with Sheerin) those players would be getting sold/hyped for fkn millions now, rather than released & disappearing.

See Soutar is their latest to be 'rumoured' to be interesting Sevco & Celtic. Out of contract in Summer & they are offering him to be a top earner if he'll sign a new deal.

Also their young lad Fraser is causing interest down south http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-to-lockhorns-with-nottingham-forest-over-6ft-midfielder/#FB7AxJKzTZBmPsUx.97

Winning a title in the development league is fk all compared to managing to over inflate players value like this fkr has managed to do at Utd.

Hell if he'd been with us last season (with Sheerin) those players would be getting sold/hyped for fkn millions now, rather than released & disappearing.

See Soutar is their latest to be 'rumoured' to be interesting Sevco & Celtic. Out of contract in Summer & they are offering him to be a top earner if he'll sign a new deal.

Also their young lad Fraser is causing interest down south http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-to-lockhorns-with-nottingham-forest-over-6ft-midfielder/#FB7AxJKzTZBmPsUx.97

Put any kid in the United starting 11 and clubs will be coming in with big offers for them, they seem to have created a good image for themselves as a club who produce good young players

Put any kid in the United starting 11 and clubs will be coming in with big offers for them, they seem to have created a good image for themselves as a club who produce good young players

A lot of their good young players they buy from other clubs. Armstrong was 17/18 when bought, Robertson was from QotS and sold on the season after, GMS....the only one I can think of that Dundee United have brought through themselves is Ryan Gauld.

This isn't a criticism on them, just meaning it's more their scouting system than their Youth system that's working wonders.

A lot of their good young players they buy from other clubs. Armstrong was 17/18 when bought, Robertson was from QotS and sold on the season after, GMS....the only one I can think of that Dundee United have brought through themselves is Ryan Gauld.

This isn't a criticism on them, just meaning it's more their scouting system than their Youth system that's working wonders.

Robertson was queens park

So its a mixture of development and a very good scouting system of lower leagues in Scotland we have always been deficient

We might have produced some very good players, but we don't allow them to progress and play at first team level so they stagnate and don't reach their potential, or they move early on like Fraser, Grimmer and Fyvie.

Fyvies injury really hindered his progress, he was looking like a future star.

United on the other hand will give all their young players a chance and it brings them on leaps and bounds.