U20's Thread

I missed it but know Nuttal was left out as it was a artificial pitch, too hard for his knee, hence Goodie was drafted in.

Really hard to see where the next breakthrough is coming from, Nuttal looks a good player but not ready yet for the step up, think next season will see the best from him, I like the look of Thomas as well, not ready for the step up but one for the future for sure, boy has some pass on him. Wright and Ross both also look like players, not sure if they're better than what we already have in the first team but another year should hopefully see them kick on. It's a young team, mostly 18 and under, hard to judge them just yet, would hope some of them get the chance to flourish and get another year instead of the mass clearout we saw last year.

Really hard to see where the next breakthrough is coming from, Nuttal looks a good player but not ready yet for the step up, think next season will see the best from him, I like the look of Thomas as well, not ready for the step up but one for the future for sure, boy has some pass on him. Wright and Ross both also look like players, not sure if they're better than what we already have in the first team but another year should hopefully see them kick on. It's a young team, mostly 18 and under, hard to judge them just yet, would hope some of them get the chance to flourish and get another year instead of the mass clearout we saw last year.

Good post and I'd urge people to pay attention to the first sentence. Totally agree 100%.

Only way to really know if these boys are ready for the first team is to give them a run out. Unfortunately, unless we're 5-1 down to St Johnstone, we don't.

The experience of playing with the first team is pivotal in their progress.

+1

Unfortunately I don't think McInnes is a brave enough manager to throw a few in the deep end, would rather just give them 5 minute cameos at the end of games.

County 2 nil down when nothing was happening for us.

Partick 2-0 up

Hearts 3-1 up

Killie 2-0 up first game of the season

Hibs in the cup to rest a couple of players and give hungry, decent players a start.

Tims 3 nil down when McGinn done his usual v them.

All good opportunities to give Scott Wright a shottie. Wonder why he wasn't'.

County 2 nil down when nothing was happening for us.

Partick 2-0 up

Hearts 3-1 up

Killie 2-0 up first game of the season

Hibs in the cup to rest a couple of players and give hungry, decent players a start.

Tims 3 nil down when McGinn done his usual v them.

All good opportunities to give Scott Wright a shottie. Wonder why he wasn't'.

I'd have preferred we gave the likes of Wright more game time rather than bringing in loan players who more often than not don't make the grade.

We could (or couldn't) have been sitting on millions of pounds worth of signing fees, like Dundee United have had and Hibs before them, but we've wasted the opportunity by allowing our young players to fester in the U20s until they are too old then released. You can't expect every 16-17 year old to come in and impose themselves in 10 minutes of a game. They shouldn't be put under the pressure that if they don't do well in that fleeting glimpse of first team football they won't get another game for months (which seems to be the case).