U20's Thread

Bin Sheerin & bring in Steve Cambell from Utd.

If nothing else he will add sell on value/hype to our young players like he has at Utd.

Think I may have mentioned this before

He won the league a few month ago, settle. They released the majority of the team and the young ones are struggling. It's nae his fault

He won the league a few month ago, settle. They released the majority of the team and the young ones are struggling. It's nae his fault

Nae my point.

Steve Cambell has proven to add financial value to Utd's youth set up.

Winning the development league (as has been proven) means next to fuck all compared to what Cambell has brought to Utd.

Whether justified or not he has brought huge hype/value to Utd's youth system.

What good is a youth system that wins one development league but is not generally producing any decent players for the first team?

Nae my point.

Steve Cambell has proven to add financial value to Utd's youth set up.

Winning the development league (as has been proven) means next to fuck all compared to what Cambell has brought to Utd.

Whether justified or not he has brought huge hype/value to Utd's youth system.

What good is a youth system that wins one development league but is not generally producing any decent players for the first team?

They may be rich, but they are a lot worse off than us just now

They may be rich, but they are a lot worse off than us just now

That's may be but had we sold the players they have for the cash they have we would be back in the black seen as our debts have been generously cut.

My point is that he has earned a name for himself & adds value (justified or not) which is not to be sniffed at.

Don't know the exact reason for his suspension (plenty rumours) & we won't find out until his tribunal but regardless, if Utd lose/bin him then it will only be to some other clubs gain. A good few clubs have tried to poach him in the past & we were after him as well according to some Jutes

How competitive is the U-20 league anyway?

I'd hardly imagine that it prepares the yoof for the rigours of first team football.

There was an interesting discussion on this on Talkshite this morning.

FnD will be all over this Gammying Steve Campbell but going by our own record it would appear to be a bag of shite. Given we havent had much success bringing players through.

I've always thought the standard was not bad. There's alot of wee skinny boys who might be quick and skillful but don't get much time and space and end up pushed out the game.

I do think a reseve league would be much better though.

the under 20 league was unanimously voted after Mark Wotte identified the Under-20 League as a key driver of the 'Performance Strategy' aimed to bridge the gap between the u19 league and the first team squad.

i'm starting to get irritated by all this jargon - philosophy is the worst

Bridging the gap between U19s and first team by adding an U20s? :clangers2: How is that single year going to make any difference?