Celtic V Aberdeen (3 - 1)

As a committed and passionate optimist by nature, it pains me to foresee defeat here.

I temper my hugely positive personality within the realms of reality.

Zola? Vernon? Not good enough.

A Flood-less midfield leaves us with only youth but no mix of both quality and experience.

Defence not strong enough either, with a clown at the back who hasn't been tested for a while and will most definitely be tested today. It's just so utterly predictable unfortunately. Our football team isn't good enough. Yet. The new manager has improved both the squad and the attitudes. Not that it was possible to regress over the previous decade with the absolute balloons we had in charge. But this is a step too far. I really hope I'm wrong and Jack and Hayes and Pawlett and McGinn produce sublimeness on a grand scale. Just can't see them being strong enough to carry the obvious weaknesses we have in a 11 v. 11 contest.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a committed and passionate optimist by nature, it pains me to foresee defeat here.

I temper my hugely positive personality within the realms of reality.

Zola? Vernon? Not good enough.

A Flood-less midfield leaves us with only youth but no mix of both quality and experience.

Defence not strong enough either, with a clown at the back who hasn't been tested for a while and will most definitely be tested today. It's just so utterly predictable unfortunately. Our football team isn't good enough. Yet. The new manager has improved both the squad and the attitudes. Not that it was possible to regress over the previous decade with the absolute balloons we had in charge. But this is a step too far. I really hope I'm wrong and Jack and Hayes and Pawlett and McGinn produce sublimeness on a grand scale. Just can't see them being strong enough to carry the obvious weaknesses we have in a 11 v. 11 contest.

Hope you are wrong. As you say, if the midfield of Jack, Hayes, Pawlett and McGinn all play well today we can get a result. It will be interesting to see how much these players really want to beat Celtic today, because that is the mark of a team capable of success. You have to say though it is unfortunate to be deprived of our two most-experienced midfield players for a second time this season. Whilst it is true that we enjoyed our most emphatic win without them - away to Falkirk in the league-cup - they are exactly the sort of players you want going to Parkhead.

Its our relatively experienced pro's that are important today. If the likes of Langfield, Reynolds, Anderson, Considine, McGinn, Jack and Hayes lead by example there's no reason why we cant play well as a team. So who knows? Hope the squad finally has the confidence to approach this fixture with a bit of belief and optimism, because its a measure of progress.

COYR