St Johnstone V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that was a link to the goals, how come the M'well v Celtic game highlights were up on BBC site early this morning ? I digress

Well done Aberdeen today and the 1903 Dandies

Would be nice if the BBC could post instant highlights but don't think they can publish highlights from Saturday games online until 6pm on Sunday. Different rules for games on a Friday or other midweek games.

Just in - parents now live less than a mile from MacDiarmid Park.

Played well and scored 2 lovely goals, McGinn's in particular an absolute peach. Big difference having Vernon up front, hopefully the disastrous Zola experiment will be discontinued with immediate effect. I actually thought Robson was quite poor, gave the ball away far too often in the middle of the park. Hector was our MOTM, absolutely outstanding.

The Fallon red card was hilarious, reminiscent of the infamous Nigel Pepper incident. Reaction of the Dons support was quality, chanting his name as he left the pitch.

Pretty happy, all in all.

Pivotal game... a win sees us in with the rest of the legitimate challengers for the mythical 'second spot', a loss would have seen us strugglng to keep up with the mediocre teams.

For the last decade or more, we'd have lost that game as sure as shit.

We still need to make a couple of strong signings, though...

I wonder if Milne's ambition matches this team's potential.

Great result to keep momentum going in our chase v. DUFC for second spot.

Surely none of the rest of the shit in the SPL can finish above the once-mighty AFC?

If we as a club want it - and this depends if Milne allows McInnes to spend next month - a top 3 place should be guaranteed.

Best to get a loan player in if we are taking someone in that is, buying players in Jan doesn't usually work out well, most flop.

As for todays result, fantastic stuff, Pawlett is a totally different player this season and I like it, he looked to be heading out the door due to fitness issues and never playing well but he's fair improved.

Pawlett has always been a good player. It takes a good fan to see it.

'Potentially' you can't say he showed it for us in enough matches to keep giving him a chance? best thing that happened was putting him out on loan and getting injured, problem got solved, McInnes playing him in a very good position where he has done nothing but flourish.

Solid display, I thought we were completely in control throughout. I had to sit in the away end as I was working, sat right beside the dugout and was very impressed with how Del and Doc operate, a lot of trust placed in the players especially Pawlett. Big Russ was outstanding and as someone has already stated I thought Robson gave the ball away to often (he was a good influence and presence in midfield though)

I've always liked Pawlett but under the previous three utter cunts of managers, we were never going to get consistency, of anything. Pawlett ticks a lot of boxes for me and always has. Good heart and good pace can't be taught. These are qualities a good manager should be jacking off about. The rest can be filled in. It's not like his touch and shot was totally inept. These could have been improved easily with the right focus in training and preparation. He's nowhere near the finished article but potential, as you say, he's screamingly full of it.

This was a very good win and as someone else said, a match that we would almost certainly have lost under previous regimes.

I`m pleased that young Pawlett is starting to develop into a consistently good player. The fact the he is being played regularly in a position which actually suits his game is key to the transformation.

I`m looking forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow.

Can it be true (as was mentioned on the radio) that the number of Dandies at the game was .....1903?

ST Mirren at home next,

ICT away

Then the Xmas double header at home V Motherwell and Ross County before the New Year game V 4 scoring United.

With ICT hiring a cabbage as manager, then we can win them all before heading to Tannadice, but history tells us we will nae doot get 4 or 5 points.

great result and performance. St johnstone doing so well at home so cant underestimate the result.

good to have hayes and flood back in the fold. the squad is looking the strongest in years - so well done to McInnes on that especially as he has only had one transfer window. Most of the first picks signed up for next season already so should be able to keep it going for a while yet.

hopefully grab the win versus St Mirren and climb another spot in the league.

check us with the belief! it's like we've realised for the first time in years that the league can be something to do well in, and not just doing enough like seasons gone by.

Great intit. Now if we were to get real about this, the second biggest supported club in the SPL - ok, maybe third behind Hearts in recent years - SHOULD expect to be top three. We only need to be managed AVERAGELY, by a semi competent to take advantage of our greater revenue advantage.

Along came Willie Miller, champagne William, the man who fucked over genuine honest NE people, and told us we had unrealistic expectations and ADMITTED that he did.

What's so unrealistic about expecting a position in the SPL commensurate with our size, revenue-earning and wage-spending capacity? We couldn't get top three cos cunts with their fingers in our till didn't want it.