Adam Rooney Signed

He's 25

Celtic hate playing against him

He's scored against Celtic on various occasions

I'm struggling to get excited by this... Can someone please convince me why he might be good for us?

If we finish second with a strikeforce made up of journeymen from the English lower leagues then it doesn't bode well for Scottish football or our youth system.

He's not even signed and people are judging him! He may not have had the best record in England but up he proved he could score goals and hold up the ball, something our two main strikers (Zola and Vernon) have failed to do this season (I haven't counted Magennis as a striker, I don't rate him as a player at all). Give the guy a chance to prove himself!

One thing is fkn sure & that is that he's better than any of our current strikers & is proven in this league.

Vernon has maybe got a wee chance of matching him in his one "ok" season & McGinn certainly more than matched him with last seasons return of goals but as of now. Our strike force is fkn rotten & Zola is the worst of a bad bunch imo.

Rooney has scored at all the clubs he's been at with a pretty decent return EXCEPT his current club but some players just don't click at some clubs.

Look at Blackman when he came to us.

• Upvote 1

I'm struggling to get excited by this... Can someone please convince me why he might be good for us?

If we finish second with a strikeforce made up of journeymen from the English lower leagues then it doesn't bode well for Scottish football or our youth system.

the last ginger cunt we had upfront worked oot nae too bad

JS29618327-2863889.jpg

I wish the internet was around during the late eighties/early nineties.

"Dons linked with Gillhaus"

Canna even keep Romario out of the PSV team how the fuck is he going to oust Paul Wright.

Fucking shite min, he was subbed off in the European Cup Final, he'll be crap for us.

• Upvote 9

Haha only one dude. 26 in division 1 but bounced back and hit 21 first year back in the SPL

Not a lot of difference between top 4 or 5 in division 1 and bottom three or four in SPL.

Ah ok.

Indeed, I hold goals in Div 1 in higher regard than wherever Zola or Vernon's best days were.

Only worry is that he hasn't done much since, right?

I think it could be a decent signing for us, I'd rather this type of player than Goodwillie just for attitude and also for committing to the team etc, signing a decent player up rather than loaning on is always preferential.

Only thing I'm not happy about, if true, is the 18 month contract. I'd rather 2 1/2 years just so he has time to settle and if he works out then we'll have him for a good while and could sell him on.

Still have to see the photo of the blank bit of paper and pen in hand so not getting excited.

We would be moaning if we were not linked with signing anyone.

I am more than willing to get the boy onboard as I have trust in Sir Derek (Zola accepted and I am sure by next week he's oot o here)

We are riding higher than we have done in years and previously, we have never signed while the iron is hot for a long time. DM knows what he is doing

My understanding was he had two years there and one in the SPL.

Would concede my knowledge of career paths of Caley players is sketchy though.

:)

Haha only one dude. 26 in division 1 but bounced back and hit 21 first year back in the SPL

Not a lot of difference between top 4 or 5 in division 1 and bottom three or four in SPL.

5 in his first year in the spl...whoop de doo