Adam Rooney Signed

Doesn't even make the later edition of the E&E ... Shame .......

Na

I think our spat with the EE has run its course now. We've had 2 seasons of 4.00pm announcements to make sure they didnt get it in their paper first but lately we've been announcing signings as soon as the ink is dry. makes me think the squabble has been settled.

Wonder what Man U fans said if we are to use the 'I don't have a clue about football' logic here.

Ronaldo had scored 3 goals for Sporting before moving to Man United.

Bet they thought he was shite and posted on their forums 'he's only scored 3 goals FFS, whoop de doo'.

Good comparison.

Ronaldo was a great young player, showing bags of potential. Adam Rooney is a journeyman striker who has scored 10 or more goals in only 3 seasons. One season was in the spl, one the Scottish 1st division and one in the 3rd level of English football...Hardly inspiring.

I hope to be proven wrong, but this signing doesn't inspire.

Good comparison.

Ronaldo was a great young player, showing bags of potential. Adam Rooney is a journeyman striker who has scored 10 or more goals in only 3 seasons. One season was in the spl, one the Scottish 1st division and one in the 3rd level of English football...Hardly inspiring.

If you want inspiring signings, I suggest following an EPL or spanish side. The days of exciting or inspiring signings in this league are long gone.

Good comparison.

what did billy mckay do prior to ICT, not a great deal ...

• Upvote 2

Good comparison.

Who do you expect us to be signing? Juan Mata?

And that's how you can tell when someone is using the 'I don't have a clue' logic - because the standard answer is: 'great comparison'.

I'm not comparing Ronaldo to Rooney for starters (why did I even need to say that).

However a good percentage of our fans are quick to write folk off before they've even played for us. He bagged in goals for fun up here, he didn't in England so clearly his game is best suited to Scottish game, and that was with a poor Caley side, so given the chances Rooney will bag a lot of goals for us.

A good free signing, and thought out of the box. Zola to be punted as it hasn't worked and he's had a fair chance in the team.

It inspires me, he's an Aberdeen player now and he has my full backing.

You used Ronaldo as the example Roberto.

If not watching as much epl, English lower league, or whatever league you decide to follow as a fad/for attention, means I don't know anything about football, so be it.

Rooney has had one good season in the spl and one in the irn bru 1st division. The rest of his career is distinctly average. Scott Vernon has a similar record over his career and is deemed not good enough (i will use him as a comparison). As I said, I hope to be proven wrong, and will admit if I am, however I am not getting excited about this just yet.