Adam Rooney Signed

Good comparison.

Ronaldo was a great young player, showing bags of potential. Adam Rooney is a journeyman striker who has scored 10 or more goals in only 3 seasons. One season was in the spl, one the Scottish 1st division and one in the 3rd level of English football...Hardly inspiring.

I hope to be proven wrong, but this signing doesn't inspire.

Scored 28 in last 3 seasons i make it. Not great but that with 41 games on bench. Last season with SPL club he got 21 goals in 42 games.

Seems like another good signing. As many have said he had a decent strike rate at Caley and I think that's the one to judge him on. Maybe he is suited to the game here.

Either way from what I remember of seeing him play he's a big improvement on Vernon, Magennis and Zola so it's a step in the right direction.

McInnes hasn't got many things wrong so far and the things he has he has rectified quickly, so I'm positive on this one.

Seems like another good signing. As many have said he had a decent strike rate at Caley and I think that's the one to judge him on. Maybe he is suited to the game here.

Either way from what I remember of seeing him play he's a big improvement on Vernon, Magennis and Zola so it's a step in the right direction.

McInnes hasn't got many things wrong so far and the things he has he has rectified quickly, so I'm positive on this one.

Can add mcginn to that list also.

From what i remember he will be the final link of a very good attack.

Left back move jack to right back - decent keeper and we have a very good team.

Your granny is safe

Your graaaaaneeee is saaaaa-aafe

Its nae that Rooney, da worry yer granny is safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your granny is safe,

your granny is safe.

His name is Adam,

your granny is safe.

Bit late :)

I put that on my pusspage at the same time as on here. Nice to see its doing the rounds all over tinterwb.

If I hear it at a game it'll be the equivalent of having a number 1 download on beatport

• Upvote 1

At least the need for a striker has been recognised and acted upon.

However, before we get too carried away with the euphoria of it all, it's worth considering just how few chances are being created for whoever has been playing up front, usually on their own.

The service they have been getting has been minimal to say the least. Poor old Vernon's career has probably been wrecked by having to plod away game after game as a solitary figure on his own. Give him his due, he tries, but he can't do it all by himself.

I reserve judgement on whether Rooney will make any difference, others will have to play their part as well.

Hey redstar, I just found out that Rooneys grandads brothers cousins husband was a Hun. So are we hating him or what?

Ha ha...you're a funny guy...think this is a great signing and am sure Rooneys grandads brothers cousin bitterly regrets being podgered by the filthy hun cunt she married.

• Upvote 1