Scottish Cup Semi (ticket info, travel plans etc)

Supporters Clubs are the lifeblood of our football club.

What difference does it make to anyone's life if someone comes out of the woodwork for one or two games a season?

Some folk just rant for the sake of it. I think there's an affa lot o folk nae gettin their Henning Boel.

Members of the clubs who go to pittodrie are the lifeblood of the club.

It's those who don't make the effort to attend home games who do my head in.

• Upvote 1

How will StJ sell 7,000 tickets for a game at Ibrox when they barely sold one end at Tynecastle? The game at Tynecastle wasn't on the box. This game is live on BBC and SKY? No danger they'll sell 7,000.

This is the Scottish cup though & basically their only chance of getting back into Europe.

They will want to put on a better show than in the league cup semi as well.

I think they'll sell around 6k but they certainly won't sell more than the 7k right enough

Supporters Clubs are the lifeblood of our football club.

What difference does it make to anyone's life if someone comes out of the woodwork for one or two games a season?

Some folk just rant for the sake of it. I think there's an affa lot o folk nae gettin their Henning Boel.

Are they f**k.....

The vast majority of Supporters Clubs are set up to arrange transport to away games.

The vast majority of members of Supporters Clubs, have season tickets. Those that don't, are either guys like AFCWull, or are just in it for the piss up.

Gone are the days of Supporters Clubs all sitting next to each other. That stopped after the introduction of all seater stadia and enforced ticketing policies.

The lifeblood of the support are the folk that turn up to home games, week in week out. The guys that buy the pies, the scraves, the programmes, the replica tops. The lifeblood are the kids that we are trying to encourage through AFC in the Community.

Supporters Clubs come to the fore when there's a mega rush for tickets for semi's and finals. If they were so important, how come there has been no AASC set up in recent years?

There's better stickers than them kicking about. Seen a few of the tackle around town last couple of weeks.

Get DollyDigital to make up Kelt's 'paintshop' picture stickers of stick man Simmie.... that would be frickin awesome!

Are they f**k.....

The vast majority of Supporters Clubs are set up to arrange transport to away games.

The vast majority of members of Supporters Clubs, have season tickets. Those that don't, are either guys like AFCWull, or are just in it for the piss up.

Gone are the days of Supporters Clubs all sitting next to each other. That stopped after the introduction of all seater stadia and enforced ticketing policies.

The lifeblood of the support are the folk that turn up to home games, week in week out. The guys that buy the pies, the scraves, the programmes, the replica tops. The lifeblood are the kids that we are trying to encourage through AFC in the Community.

Supporters Clubs come to the fore when there's a mega rush for tickets for semi's and finals. If they were so important, how come there has been no AASC set up in recent years?

Scraves?! Where do I get one of those?

Are they f**k.....

Supporters Clubs are a vehicle for fans to come together and enjoy their mutual love of Aberdeen FC, irrespective of how often they attend. I've had many a good time attending matches with groups of mates. Football is tribalism and nowhere moreso does that tribalism manifest itself than in a group environment. I ran a club once upon a time, and whenever we had a ticket order, them that came out the woodwork would be well down the pecking order and would be told so. Everyone knew where they stood and there was never any grumbling about it. You've obviously had a negative experience of being in clubs, and your observation that majority of clubs being set up for travel to away games might be true in the City but it is not necessarily the case in the Shire or further afield. Whether or not someone has a season ticket is inconsequential anyway. It seems to be the holy grail of a fan with a sense of entitlement, but in my years of not having season tickets, I've always managed to get tickets when I want them. So what difference does it make?

But we can cut through all this - what did the club say to you when you complained about these ticketing arrangements?

Unless you regularly attend home games (whether ST holder or nae) your moaning means fuck all.

Yes feel free to moan like fuck about not getting ticket rights etc. (that's your right) but nobody (that attends games regularly at home, or has a ST) really gives a fuck.

Go to home games, or buy a ST & then you will have less to moan about but when you do moan then, well people may then give a fuck for you.

• Upvote 1

i was struggling to get a ticket for the last semi final at tynecastle i was advised then by some on here to join up with a supporters club, now i have and ordered my tickets im getting slated for not being a top dons fan???

very strange ive got a fucking AFC onesie??

have any of you????

• Upvote 4

It's only aimed at those who don't go to home games.

I have no idea how many home games you go to.

yes but you were desperate to call me an away fan the other day :) ha ha!!

i no caring anyways ive a buying history with AFC so ill get a ticket, ive joined a supporters club to slightly increase my chances of not missing out even when i dont have a season ticket.

ive also ordered my tickets to the Hearts game which i dont think is on sale as yet but i guarantee you ill be there STANDFREE

ive several dons tops even several for my boys,

ive got scarfs hats gloves, shorts, books dvd's mugs, autographs, ticket stubbs, downloaded the human league tune on my phone my kids shout in the middle of falkirk Peter pawlett Baby peter pawlett whoooo ooooo ive got a meerkat with afc dressing gown on it ive even got an angus the bull

not forgetting the best bit ive GOT AN AFC ONESIE

na na na na na na na im a top dons fan im a top dons fan na na na na na na na

yes but you were desperate to call me an away fan the other day :) ha ha!! i no caring anyways ive a buying history with AFC so ill get a ticket, ive joined a supporters club to slightly increase my chances of not missing out even when i dont have a season ticket. ive also ordered my tickets to the Hearts game which i dont think is on sale as yet but i guarantee you ill be there STANDFREE

Top Away Red.

ive several dons tops even several for my boys,

ive got scarfs hats gloves, shorts, books dvd's mugs, autographs, ticket stubbs, downloaded the human league tune on my phone my kids shout in the middle of falkirk Peter pawlett Baby peter pawlett whoooo ooooo ive got a meerkat with afc dressing gown on it ive even got an angus the bull

not forgetting the best bit ive GOT AN AFC ONESIE

na na na na na na na im a top dons fan im a top dons fan na na na na na na na

I`ve got a Aberdeen Soccer Casuals/Yid Army pin badge :winner1st: