Scottish Cup Semi (ticket info, travel plans etc)

Not really feeling the love for this semi. There seemed to be more of a buzz about the LC semi.

Is it because we finally got that monkey off our backs by winning the League Cup and the interest isn't quite the same. Are we now back down to the die hards and some of the guys that can't make it every week?

Was really confident of selling 20k for this, if not more, but not sure we'll even shift 15k.

Not really feeling the love for this semi. There seemed to be more of a buzz about the LC semi.

Is it because we finally got that monkey off our backs by winning the League Cup and the interest isn't quite the same. Are we now back down to the die hards and some of the guys that can't make it every week?

Was really confident of selling 20k for this, if not more, but not sure we'll even shift 15k.

i think the last semi buzz was partially created by how exclusive it became the buzz would have been diluted if they had it at snake mountain i feel. Also the final will have reduced interest from many, the fact it's at ibrox is a joke the time and day is also ludicrous not thinking about fans at all, st johnstone are a bit of a nothing opponent will also put people off.

Saying that I'm excited imagine a double!

I think the logic goes it's a semi, win it and theres still the final to look forward to. Lose it and would be better have not been there.

Is pretty shocking if we can't sell our allocation though. I assume folk realise if it's against the zombie horde whatever we sell is going to be exactly how many we get for the final?

Was down this morning collecting tickets. Had sold apprx 12k before today and between 500 and a 1000 today.

St Johnstone have only sold 1000.......an attendance of less than 20k is truly embarrassing yet not surprising given the time and day!!!

We will be lucky to get 20k tickets for the final if it's the dark side........

Was down this morning collecting tickets. Had sold apprx 12k before today and between 500 and a 1000 today.

St Johnstone have only sold 1000.......an attendance of less than 20k is truly embarrassing yet not surprising given the time and day!!!

Saints have sold more than double the figure that you are quoting, i can assure you of that.

Looks like around 12800 were sold by COB Thursday, so probably around 14k now. With a week to go I reckon we'll sell around 16k, which is pretty good all things considered.. I've still to get mine and I know of others who will be getting this week..

Here's a thought:

If one of the OF had to play a semi at Pittodrie vs e.g. St Johnstone - how many tickets do you reckon they'd sell for a lunchtime ko on a sunday - Personally I doubt if Pittodrie would be sold out..

Think we need perspective here

I think the logic goes it's a semi, win it and theres still the final to look forward to. Lose it and would be better have not been there.

Is pretty shocking if we can't sell our allocation though. I assume folk realise if it's against the zombie horde whatever we sell is going to be exactly how many we get for the final?

Where are you guys reading that this is the case. I can put my house on them HAVING to split the allocation 50/50 for either Utd or sevco, unless they have a genuine reason for safety reasons. There is absolutely no way, not even the slimmest of chances, that the SFA will try and dictate final ticket allocation dependent on semi final tickets sold. None. Nada. Niente.

i think the last semi buzz was partially created by how exclusive it became the buzz would have been diluted if they had it at snake mountain i feel. Also the final will have reduced interest from many, the fact it's at ibrox is a joke the time and day is also ludicrous not thinking about fans at all, st johnstone are a bit of a nothing opponent will also put people off. Saying that I'm excited imagine a double!

I really hope that comment doesn't come back and bite you on the arse.

What's everyone's plans for before? I'm at the the races for a stag do the day before, so might just see if there's any pubs open near shitebrox for a quick one before. Anyone heading anywhere at 11am?

Def agree with the lack of buzz/interest in this one compared to last time. Ironic when this is the 'bigger/more prestigious' cup.