Aberdeen v Kilmarnock (2 - 1)

Its not a miscalculation. Afc consistently dont count a couple of thousand whether that is the free u12s, the hospitality or just sheer lazyness. Probably only put out statement as folk bemused more than normal by yesterday and the fact its attracting negative press

The crowd WILL be at least 15k on Sat (mark my words) could be as high as 17k imo

As I expected ;)

They have been understating crowds this season for some reason & never did it seem more obvious than on Sat but fair do's if it was a "mistake" this time.

BBC still have it at 14k

KSL - McGinn, Smith, Logan and Jack were all below average.

McGinn - extremely poor decision making & finishing. When is he going to turn the corner? He's a great player, low on confidence or something.

Smith - never got into it and brushed off the ball again & again. High hopes for him, these are the games he should be staking a claim.

Logan - I fail to see what the wankathon over this bloke is. Watch the game again. Almost every time he gets the ball, the next player to touch the ball is from the opposition. This has been the case every single game he has played for The Dons. I can see he is getting forward, but if the end product is opponents possession, what the fuck is the point? When we do retain possession it is a simple tap to the side, which from what I can gather is all he is capable of. I'd rather have that carthorse Tate in there, at least he can find a team-mate occasionally.

Jack - great engine but his distribution today was fucking awful. Dug us out a hole with a goal, but that was papering over the cracks. Great player - off day.

As I said originally, don't want to be over critical, was always going to be a difficult game to win. Good 3 points.

Total disagree with all this, completely wrong. Logan had another good game and Smith was a lot better too. McGinn should have scored but had best game for ages.

Total disagree with all this, completely wrong. Logan had another good game and Smith was a lot better too. McGinn should have scored but had best game for ages.

I agree ESPECIALLY regarding Logan. He had a great game.

McGinn was a hell of a lot better & that was apparent by the number of great chances he got himself but he desperately needs to score a goal VERY soon. Otherwise his confidence is going to drop even more.

To have that many shots on goal (regardless of defenders doing a decent job against him in some, or not) But not to even hit the target is going to batter his confidence.

Always said he just has to concentrate on hitting the target for now rather than placing his shots. Hit the target (anywhere) & make the keeper work.

Thought that was the best we've played since Celtic in the Scottish Cup. Good win.

This.

Was worried where our attack would come from but pleasantly surprised. Rooney for me MOTM.

McGinn i thought also had cracking game and was more like it despite his woeful finishing.

This. Was worried where our attack would come from but pleasantly surprised. Rooney for me MOTM. McGinn i thought also had cracking game and was more like it despite his woeful finishing.

I echo this but still think Flood was deserving of motm. He had one of his best games. As good as he & Robson were v the tims in the cup

I have since watched the game for a 3rd time (not whole way through, nae that sad) and am prepared to concede that Logan had a better game than I initially gave him credit for. I think folk are getting excited about him just because he's a full-back. I don't see him as an answer to that problem position - unless he has more in the tank that we've still to see. I understand that one recognised full-back at the club is better than none, but he still has some stepping up to do before he should be considered worthy of a contract (if that's even an option).

As for McGinn - yes, I see what folk are saying - decent in spells and some nice touches - but as a forward his bread and butter should be tucking away chances. Not half chances either, gilt-edged chances. And he missed three of those. He can't be happy with his own performance with those misses. He just needs one to go in just now, and I'm sure a stack more will follow.

As I said in my original post, don't want to be over critical, it was a good three points in what was always going to be a difficult game.

I have since watched the game for a 3rd time (not whole way through, nae that sad) and am prepared to concede that Logan had a better game than I initially gave him credit for. I think folk are getting excited about him just because he's a full-back. I don't see him as an answer to that problem position - unless he has more in the tank that we've still to see. I understand that one recognised full-back at the club is better than none, but he still has some stepping up to do before he should be considered worthy of a contract (if that's even an option).

As for McGinn - yes, I see what folk are saying - decent in spells and some nice touches - but as a forward his bread and butter should be tucking away chances. Not half chances either, gilt-edged chances. And he missed three of those. He can't be happy with his own performance with those misses. He just needs one to go in just now, and I'm sure a stack more will follow.

As I said in my original post, don't want to be over critical, it was a good three points in what was always going to be a difficult game.

I have been moaning about McGinn for most of the season. He's been living off his heroic (yes it was hugely heroic) form from last season & was always going for the spectacular goal or perfectly placed goal this season. That was fair enough because he earned that right but once he realised it's a lot of wasted chances this season (because for the amount he's had for his return has been shocking) he should have gone back to basics & just went for the target in general. It's a fucking big target when it's just the goal you are aiming for rather than trying to place it in a corner etc. & now his confidence is REALLY suffering in terms of his shooting success. Some folk thought (or still do) that I was getting at him but I wasn't. I was only saying his head has been down in general & because of this his belief has deserted him somewhat.

All that aside though, he did have a very good game on Sat & yes he did miss some very good chances (should have at very least hit target) but there was some very (just in nick of time) good distractions from defenders to add to his (& our) frustrations. He had a very good game as a whole & his shooting boots WILL return, of that I have no doubt but for now (as I've said for fkn ages) he needs to just fkn hit in general direction of goal rather than placing the ball. Just work the fkn keeper & then the goals will return.

Still unacceptable regarding the celtic apology though.

Logan is looking like a very decent find imo. I was a little bit critical of him in the semi & I pointed out it was only from watching the extended highlights though.

I thought he looked a bit lost some times defensively & was out of position a few times & we had players having to cover him but he looked decent going forward. That was all understandable though, given that he was a new player & thrown into such a game. As a whole he looked like he had a good game that day but on Sat I thought he had a very good game. I really hope we get him on a FT deal

Was a great dummy by smith for jack's goal. After seeing them again I think Samson should've done a hell of a lot better with both

A lot of players at fault for Boyds goal but it would be nice in those circumstances to have a keeper that you can rely on to cover them. They have covered him so often this season but he never (or VERY rarely) returns the favour & THAT is the diference between a good keeper & a shite one.

Ultimate blame goes onto the defence but just pointing out that the few times our defence does let us down we have FUCK ALL BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Flood was our MOTM closely followed by Rooney. Floods energy, work rate and desire was brilliant. McGinn played better than he has in recent weeks but he's still not putting in enough effort. There are still too many occasions when he is the nearest player to the ball and he doesn't close down the ball or the space to prevent a pass. If you compare that to the other attackers in our team its not good enough. McGinn is a good player, one of our best when he wants to be but he needs to up his work rate.

We dominated Killie who without Boyd would be battling Hearts for automatic relegation.

You wouldn't be taking a contrary view for the sake of it would you?

There is no "wankathon" about Logan. He had a very effective game in the final. He was weak as piss at St Mirren.

Those were his best and worst games for AFC. He is what he is. If he was an excellent footballer, he wouldn't be here.

Nobody has ever said he's a brilliant footballer. You even ignore chunts' subsequent post, such is your desperation to be contrary.

You're a fucking arse.

• Upvote 1

Were you at the final? Can you remember any mistakes he made? Did you not see the ball coming off his arse and legs in the dying minutes preventing crosses coming into our box? He got turned inside ONCE in 120 minutes. He was not beaten down their left wing the whole game if I remember right. He had an excellent defensive game.

What the fuck were you doing last Sunday afternoon from 2.30?

A lot of players at fault for Boyds goal but it would be nice in those circumstances to have a keeper that you can rely on to cover them. They have covered him so often this season but he never (or VERY rarely) returns the favour & THAT is the diference between a good keeper & a shite one.

Ultimate blame goes onto the defence but just pointing out that the few times our defence does let us down we have FUCK ALL BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think Langfield had much of a chance with it to be honest - it was well hit, well place and he'd have seen it late.

But then, reality isn't really where your focus is, is it?

Don't think Langfield had much of a chance with it to be honest - it was well hit, well place and he'd have seen it late.

But then, reality isn't really where your focus is, is it?

I didn't blame him (did you read my post) I blamed numerous players in the defence.

All I said regarding Clangers is that that's the difference between a good & bad keeper. A good keeper pulls off great saves & pulls the defence out of the shite when they fuck up.

A good defence doesn't fuck up much but when they do it would be nice to have a good keeper to reduce the risks of conceding when they do.

Point being that more often than not when our defence fucks up it costs us a goal because there is poor back up behind them.

Didn't blame Clangers for the goal at all, just pointed out the same point I have made all season.

Good defence but a shite keeper.

Good defence makes mistakes seldom but shite keeper pulls off great save even more seldom

Mcginn looked lovely and he was a baw hair away from scoring in second half, keep plugging away son. Would appear that unless you are Javier Zanetti in terms of RB you are fucking shite , Logan isnt great, but I have to see any innate shite from Logan

Logan's a cool dude I reckon >>> :dance:

We should just sign Petr Cech I suppose?

:rolleyes: The usual argument eh?

If he was good he wouldn't be an Aberdeen player?

SHITE!

We have a very good striker

We have FOUR very good midfielders

We have two (maybe even three) very good defenders

Our keeper is very sub standard compared to most other areas of the field.

If we had as good quality in goal as we do in other ares, we'd be a lot closer to celtic right now.

• Upvote 1

A great win, especially having gone behind.

I was not optimistic beforehand, but this squad are so resiliant.

McGinn will score sooner or later, no problem.

Surely LB/RB and GK are the first areas for improvment in the squad?

Or what about a partner or competent back-up for Rooney? If he gets injured, we are right back to the dymanic duo of Vernon and Zola, unless we would want to play McGinn as CF.

If we had a bad defence then we wouldn't have won league cup, be 2nd and in Scots cup semi...we are a strong team this year. Your posts are nonsense

I fully agree.

Even with the last part sometimes

If we had a good keeper though, we'd be challenging celtic more.

If you don't think we have a bad keeper, then you are the one that is crazy

A great win, especially having gone behind.

I was not optimistic beforehand, but this squad are so resiliant.

McGinn will score sooner or later, no problem.

Surely LB/RB and GK are the first areas for improvment in the squad?

Or what about a partner or competent back-up for Rooney? If he gets injured, we are right back to the dymanic duo of Vernon and Zola, unless we would want to play McGinn as CF.

Hopefully Shankland or McManus will be competent back up for Rooney next season.