Champions League

4 teams from Italy, Spain, England and Germany all straight in the groups of the CL confirmed.

Europe is a closed shop for Scottish clubs. be as well withdrawing from it, they make it harder every time they make a change.

Group stage

For 2018/19 they will be ...

UEFA Champions League holders (1)

UEFA Europa League holders (1)

Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)

Top two from associations ranked 5th and 6th: France, Russia (4)

Champions of associations ranked 7th to 10th: Portugal, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey (4)

• If the UEFA Champions League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the champions of the association ranked 11th (Czech Republic), who otherwise compete in the champions path
  • If the UEFA Europa League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the third-placed club from the association ranked fifth (France), who otherwise compete in the league path
  • An association may have a maximum of five teams in the group stage

^^^^ whilst I agree with your point vda and I also prefer the older format of 3 euro trophies knockout

Your attitude of withdrawing is typically negative and Scottish.

'Europe being a closed shop for scotland' should be another glaringly obvious symptom of the state ourr game has stagnated in for decades.

It should be another catalyst for improvement across the game but prob easier to do nothing about it

^^^^ whilst I agree with your point vda and I also prefer the older format of 3 euro trophies knockout

Your attitude of withdrawing is typically negative and Scottish.

'Europe being a closed shop for scotland' should be another glaringly obvious symptom of the state ourr game has stagnated in for decades.

It should be another catalyst for improvement across the game but prob easier to do nothing about it

You’ve been asked before and failed to answer but what exactly can Scottish clubs do to improve their situation?

Bluto, how are you supposed to break into a closed shop?

Look at the points system below

Points system
1. Each team gets two points for a win and one point for a draw (points are halved for matches in the qualifying and play-off rounds).
2. Clubs that reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League, or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Europa League, are awarded an extra point for each round.
3. In addition, four points are awarded for participation in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and four points for qualifying for the round of 16.

If I understand the above correctly a team from a smaller league requires to win 4 games in the qualifying rounds to match the points total that one of the 26 teams who are dropped straight into the group stage before the top 26 have even kicked a ball.

UEFA should just go the whole hog and make it a NFL style model.

Uefa confirming that they are corrupt as fuck.

The CL has ruined my appetite for European games.The old European Cup for Champions only on a knock out basis

was far better.

It’s so wrong that, and I despise them, Celtic will have so many qualifying games yet so many

2nd, 3rd and 4th place clubs walk straight to the league stage.

As for the Europa League, it’s a joke anyway when failures get parachuted in from the CL qualifiers.

Uefa confirming that they are corrupt as fuck.

The CL has ruined my appetite for European games.The old European Cup for Champions only on a knock out basis

was far better.

It’s so wrong that, and I despise them, Celtic will have so many qualifying games yet so many

2nd, 3rd and 4th place clubs walk straight to the league stage.

As for the Europa League, it’s a joke anyway when failures get parachuted in from the CL qualifiers.

The groups weren’t that bad initially, the minute they started letting 2nd place....then 3rd and 4th place teams in, the competition died. The same teams get a bite at the cherry every year along with the same players. That opportunity had to be earned. Teams regularly beat European records because they get to play every year whereas the may not have before.

Football is barely even a sport nowadays. Someone mentioned the NFL, at least each NFL team has a fair chance at success, that’s not the case in football.

PSG

LOL

think Spurs will progress tonight.

Would expect a full house also; very impressive crowd of so.

English teams all looking strong this year. Even stuttering Man U will be difficult to beat (over 2 legs) with Jose in charge.

Tonight's prediction:

10-12 pints.

:cool:

:beers:

Wembley lookin ace; uk really is the gountry in world for football

Ciao

I have a really vivid mental image of Bluto, sitting in a bar in Delft, loudly and drunkenly spraffing this nonsense, while the locals look on. Probably wanting to punch him even more than normal:

'English football is the best, best country in the world mate. I luv Wembley... now someone get me another fortified beer!'

English sides looking good this year.

My money is on Jose and United this year.

Wembley lookin ace; uk really is the gountry in world for football

Ciao

Get it right up you! Would have loved to see the state of your pus in the pub last night! The locals were probably having a snigger too!

Thank god that fat wind-bag has finally shut his mouth about English football!

• Upvote 2