Champions League

Man City won the EPL last year so must have done something right.

It shows how bad the rest of the league is however when they compete in Europe. Terrible performances.

Two league titles won by a whisker.

Players like navas, jovetic, dzeko, fernandos etc etc aren't good enough for a top 8 euro side.

The fact they cosy a lot is irrelevant.

Nobody expects man utd to do well but I reckon players like carrick , de gea, Valencia, Rooney, mata etc are better at this level than their City equivalents.

:hysterical:

Shut up.

Your teams pish, sit back and be quiet. Don't start churning out that nonsense again. Support the Dons or fuck aff.

To be fair, United have won the same amount of games in Europe as City this season.

Will see if i can find the post I read the other day about English teams in Europe, compared with 5+ years ago,.

Churning out nonsense?

Wise up min scouse.

I think my point about cities players being shire has been bourne out by a succession of poor results in Europe. Nothing to do with man utd. I used them as an example because they are similarly poor (yet without unreal expectation levels that city have)

City have been shite in the league for weeks too. Not just Europe.

Pellegrini will be on a shoogly peg if he keeps this up for another few weeks. QPR away. Must win for them.

Aye, some of the players are showing a dodgy attitude much the same as when Mancini got punted.

When you're still playing players who complained the club had not celebrated his birthday (despite the fact they gave him a cake the size of Bluto10) you're going to struggle.

Aye, but I do think yaya's poor form may also be contributed to his brothers death in the summer.

Or maybe its my point that they just aren't that good

:don't know:

Sure they should beat monkey teams like Moscow. But their players are light years behind the top sides.

Who are these top teams you mention, City won the league last year, so were the best of the lot in England, you regularly dismiss La Liga as a poor league, so that wipes out the Spanish clubs, Italian teams have not did nothing for years

So that leaves Bayern and PSG.

Who are these top teams you mention, City won the league last year, so were the best of the lot in England, you regularly dismiss La Liga as a poor league, so that wipes out the Spanish clubs, Italian teams have not did nothing for years

So that leaves Bayern and PSG.

I'd say the best sides in Europe are chelsea, Spain's two and Bayern.

PSG, Dortmund, AM would also beat man city.

And bringing it full circle back to england arsenal and man utd have performed better in Europe than city have the past few years.

City won the league. Just. How chelsea threw it away in march I'll never know. no decent striker I suppose.

City have an amazing amount of expensive mediocrity it my point.

I'd say the best sides in Europe are chelsea, Spain's two and Bayern.

PSG, Dortmund, AM would also beat man city.

And bringing it full circle back to england arsenal and man utd have performed better in Europe than city have the past few years.

City won the league. Just. How chelsea threw it away in march I'll never know. no decent striker I suppose.

City have an amazing amount of expensive mediocrity it my point.

A 2 man Liverpool team through it away also.

Churning out nonsense?

Wise up min scouse.

I think my point about cities players being shire has been bourne out by a succession of poor results in Europe. Nothing to do with man utd. I used them as an example because they are similarly poor (yet without unreal expectation levels that city have)

Is there anything more cringey than plastic fans calling each other "Manc cunts" "Yid cunts" etc

• Upvote 1

Is there anything more cringey than plastic fans calling each other "Manc cunts" "Yid cunts" etc

It's a mega cringe! Aberdonians, born and bred, calling each other Mancs and Scousers...

I can understand and accept people following the franchise, but it's just totally sad when you have for, example, Aberdonian Liverpool fans getting excited about 'their' rivalry with Everton. That's for proper scousers to worry about, not plastics!

• Upvote 1

It's a shame really, things like the Dons winning something last time for the first tie in a generation won't have meant nearly as much to those who've seen their second team/English team win the Champions League or EPL umpteen times, even if they claim it they're not bothered anymore.

:laughing:

I'm in knots here.

:laughing:

Remember seeing an NE based Arsenal fan hit out with "This city is ours" on Facebook the last time they beat Spurs.

It's a shame really, things like the Dons winning something last time for the first tie in a generation won't have meant nearly as much to those who've seen their second team/English team win the Champions League or EPL umpteen times, even if they claim it they're not bothered anymore.

It's just stuff like 'This city is ours' that I can't understand.

I totally understand people following a big EPL franchise. People are attracted by the glamour, that's the way things are these days. I enjoy watching the EPL myself - some of the best players in the world. It's just when they try to conjure up some imaginary affinity with the city. An Aberdonian Man United fan is not 'a Manc' and never will be... it's delusional and totally daft.

I lived in Nottingham for a long time and I was a regular at Nottm Forest over the years. I've been to many, many more Forest matches than Aberdeen matches over the past 10 years. I liked to see them do well. However, when it came to Forest vs Derby, I wasn't that bothered. It could be Millwall for all I cared. in fact, i actually like to see Derby do well too, it's good for the East Midlands - a part of the country that's badly in need of a lift!