Aberdeen V Dundee United (0 - 3)

The team always go on about how well prepared they are going into games - knowing all about the opposition and everyone knows their role etc. - yesterday, they didn't have a clue. No width, no ideas, no movement...got the impression the players went into the game a bit over-confident and didn't know what to do when we conceeded. Yes, we didn't get the breaks - McGinn hitting the post and at least one penalty denied...but United deserved their win. Got to dust themselves down and get on with it. United were better than I expected but we played right into their hands.

We went the first half of last season crying out for a goalscorer - we found one for the second half of the season and he has done nothing but score goals...we leave him on the bench, WTF!

Robson was totally pish & shouldn't be anywhere near a starting line-up that already contains Flood and Jack.

Taylor = Diamond, even down to the way he runs.

McGinn = greedy, disinterested and lazy.

Playing CB's at FB is ridiculous; like others, I really don't understand why we have signed another CB, Considine is more than capable and if need be, Shaughnessy can slot in.

Hugely missed Jonny Hayes, the guys' work-rate, ability, creativity and fight is exactly what we needed yesterday - all over the park!!

The team always go on about how well prepared they are going into games - knowing all about the opposition and everyone knows their role etc. - yesterday, they didn't have a clue.

My point exactly. Poor management.

Worryingly Anderson was the biggest miss yesterday. We need a replacement lined up for him asap.

I'm surprised at Shaugnesseys lack of opportunities.

The lack of real positivity in the midfield Robbo, Flood, Jack all sat too deep the amount of time.ed we had the ball attacking and the three amigos, were all in their own half, now granted the holding role is an important part but only one of tbem needs to sit when we are going forward and I would rather that was Flood, as his square, easy ball passing is perfectly suited to that role,

We are sorely lacking a plan b, teams know mark Pawlett out of game and all our creativity drys up,

Im sorry im not buying this tired shite, let them come and work with me outing up fences all day every day and they will know what fatigue is they are leading a privileged life, and IF it is fatigue then it's up to McInnes to ensure his squad is good enough to rotate

At first I struggled, but then I got used to it. They should be used to it.

How did Spain players ever perform for club and country eh?

It's the WORST excuse in football. We're SEVEN fucking games in, it's such a poor excuse. These cunts are professionals and should know how to prepare themselves before games. Utter nonsense.

At least you're going to the games now instead of being a fud like last season. All talk. Standard.

Think you're mistaking me for someone else loon. I went to every home game last season, plus plenty of away games. Season ticket in RDL.

As for your assertions on preparing for games. That's all well and good, but you need at least 3 days rest for that to work, particularly after a game of such intensity (both physical and mental) as we witnessed on Thursday night. The match should have been postponed - not the St Mirren home game. But the lure of a big crowd and big pay day, was obviously at the uppermost of the Board's minds, rather than the fact we may be a bit tired.

We don't have a massive sqaud to pick and chose and with suspensions, our hand was forced a wee bit as well.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt - I don't think anyone is saying either a defeat, 3-0 or otherwise, is acceptable. Nor is looking to use tiredness as an absolute excuse. But they are factors and people can obviously criticise the team for not playing well and McInnes for not addressing the aspect of potential weaknesses in our performance due to that.

However, some of you fannies need to take a cold hard look at yourself. We had our best season in a LONG time last season, with this same squad (mostly) and same management team. One defeat and folk are flying off the handle. What a shocker. And half of you say Langfield is the flapper.

Flap on dudes.

The toys aren't out the pram for me.

I hate getting beat by Dundee United at the best of times, but the manner in which we rolled over and had no plan B is the cause for concern. Dundee United beat us at our own game yesterday, counter attacking / break away football and it's a concern that teams MAY have worked out how to play us.

It is first game of the season but no way should be sit back just because it's the first game of the season and accept the result...

That's the point I am trying to make really.

And all of this hysterical, childish theatrics is going to achieve what excatly?

Feckin no one is suggesting we happy clap a 3-0 defeat at home to Utd. NO ONE. But most are pragmatic. Many don't know what that means or how to adpot that approach.

Beaten. Upset. Move on. McInnes and the players certainly will. Fortunately they are not flappers and hysterical 'weemin' like many on here.

Think you're mistaking me for someone else loon. I went to every home game last season, plus plenty of away games. Season ticket in RDL.

Awaiting an apology or admission of being factually incorrect there Bertie.

And yes, you are flapping. Much like 50% of this forum.

One other point - 'Plan B'? What the actual f*ck are folk on about? Same bullshit being used by the Bitter Together ramblers about a currency for Scotland. "Aye, but fits yer plan B Salmond????".

We don't need a plan B, C, D or any other letter of the alphabet if the players we have in our team play to 100% of their potential. Yesterday was quite simple - they didn't. We don't have players good enough to go win the game by their own. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona. We need to defend strongly, boss midfield and create chances. We did boss midfield and create chances, but defending was poor. We have 59% of possession. Bar the error to gift them the game, and the rest of the silly defending, I feel we'd have beaten most other teams. But Utd knew how to react and came up here to sit in. At least Aberdeen attack teams, home and away. They'll get found out by other teams who sit it a bit more at home.

Recharge our batteries for Wednesday and see how we get on then.

Robson should have stayed off when he was off the first time, Low was dressed and waiting to come on ffs.

The first goal was lost when we were down to 10 men. The second goal was lost when Robson lost possession which directly led to them scoring. I'm not saying that Low would have made a difference to the second, but that was extremely slack play.

I've just seen the highlights again and Taylor looks terrible, poor mistake for the first and didn't look very good throughout.

Opening games can often give a misleading flavour of how a season is going to pan-out. Remember thrashing Hamilton 4-0 on the opening day of 2010-2011, only to then endure one of the worst seasons in living memory which would almost certainly have resulted in relegation but for Broon coming in for McGhee and steadying things.

Yesterday was brutal, no two ways about it, but if you are going to have a howler then you might as well get it out of the system early. Any lingering complacency the players were feeling (being bigged-up in the press as potential challengers to Shellic etc) will have been dispelled, and that's no bad thing.

• Upvote 1

Agree with OD - but we also need to remember our end of season - we are perhaps guilty of buying into the press comments. We are not as good as we would like to think - at our best we can challenge anyone in Scotland but teams have figured out how to play us. Regardless of the independence debate we need a plan B and a few more besides.

Opening games can often give a misleading flavour of how a season is going to pan-out. Remember thrashing Hamilton 4-0 on the opening day of 2010-2011, only to then endure one of the worst seasons in living memory which would almost certainly have resulted in relegation but for Broon coming in for McGhee and steadying things.

Yesterday was brutal, no two ways about it, but if you are going to have a howler then you might as well get it out of the system early. Any lingering complacency the players were feeling (being bigged-up in the press as potential challengers to Shellic etc) will have been dispelled, and that's no bad thing.

Also, last season, Utd put out a much worse display against Caley than we did yesterday and they ended up ok. Let's not panic. Broon in on Wednesday and we'll be ok!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, and let's not forget that a terrible start to the season for Motherwell didn't stop them finishing above ourselves, who had a great start.

No apology. Weren't you the tuna that said he'd nae go to games and spat dummy due to RDU being closed?

Am i correct in this?

Well then I do not need to apologise for you being a bubbly bairn....ironic that, you having a go at others for being a bubbly bairn when you were last season.

Indeed, I was one of several who were upset at the club's decision to close the RDU and suggested that our decision on whether we returned would be subject to how the club reacted. So you must have missed the posts where I stated we had renewed in the RDL. Can't recall many rants after the season started though (if any) You must surely have been hallucinating.

Bubbly bairn pales into the background compared to your dummy throwing at losing a game against our formidable derby rivals, United of the Dundee FC!!!! Life will obviously never be the same for you now.

Not one person would have came away yesterday feeling bruised and battered after seeing that. But feck me, 1 game into a new season and the hysterics is comical. We played 6 games prior to that, all of which I could hardly find fault in.

Bloody drama queens and diva's.

One other point - 'Plan B'? What the actual f*ck are folk on about? Same bullshit being used by the Bitter Together ramblers about a currency for Scotland. "Aye, but fits yer plan B Salmond????".

We don't need a plan B, C, D or any other letter of the alphabet if the players we have in our team play to 100% of their potential. Yesterday was quite simple - they didn't. We don't have players good enough to go win the game by their own. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona. We need to defend strongly, boss midfield and create chances. We did boss midfield and create chances, but defending was poor. We have 59% of possession. Bar the error to gift them the game, and the rest of the silly defending, I feel we'd have beaten most other teams. But Utd knew how to react and came up here to sit in. At least Aberdeen attack teams, home and away. They'll get found out by other teams who sit it a bit more at home.

It means we need a plan when things don't go to plan to start with. Like you have just said.

You are quite good at this overeacting malarky aren't you?

It means we need a plan when things don't go to plan to start with. Like you have just said.

You are quite good at this overeacting malarky aren't you?

? The bits in bold are supposed to be over reactions?

:hypno:

Very poor performance. I don't buy the "tiredness" line... after all, why is it never a problem when we play games on Wed and Sat? The same time in between is allowed for recovery and at this stage of the season, we should have been fighting fit, especially with 6 competitive games behind us.

I think yesterday showed how much we suffer when a few players are missing. We badly needed Anderson and Hayes and, combined with Robson's early injury, we were badly exposed.

That said, my biggest criticism of McInnes' reign thus far has been not only his inability/unwillingness to change tactics, but his reluctance to make substitutions until it is too late. Why did he only deploy Rooney alongside Goodwillie when we were 2 down, for instance? Also, why has Monakana not been given a chance, when we badly needed pace? He warmed up for a significant amount of time, but was not used. Low also could have used more time to make an impact.

Speaking of Goodwillie, he seems keen, but the jury will be out for a while on whether he is anywhere near the player that left for Blackburn a few years ago. I'd even question if he's a better option than keeping Vernon would have been. I will wait and see.

Taylor, again the jury is out. Given that a LB is the priority though, I fail to see what his signing has brought to the table. The Euro games were, financially speaking, a bonus. Shinnie (or an equivalent) is a must.

As for Clangers... the first goal I can forgive (though his indecisiveness cost us) but the second, no. Nor his terrible distribution. He has to be replaced. He is the last crumbling bastion of the Balsawood era and is too costly to us. Replace him NOW, Derek.

No, the bits in bold highlight that you are a total helmet.

Make your mind up. First you say it's an over reaction, then you say no, it's to highlight something else.

Nae the sharpest tool in the box are you.

Folk who are on about a Plan B: McInnes did change it up, thus did have a Plan B. It just didn't work.

Which is excatly the point that both these drama queens and Bitter Together folk are missing. McInnes stuck Pawlett out on the left and looked to get the ball to him. That was different to the approach we were taking first half, which was more direct and through the middle.

That we created more chances when Pawlett went wide, helped. But delivery wasn't great or we were unlucky with timing on occasions.

Unfortunately, Messi was suspended or we could have taken him on to single handedly beat every Utd player on the pitch and nutmeg their keeper.

PS, off topic I know, the plan B for currency is well documented if you wanna look for the info.