Out Of Contract

If we can sell on Morris, Richardson and Roberts even for small fees then that can go into the transfer kitty too.  It will be interesting to see if we can move them on.  Even if he was any good Morris doesn't fit into Robson's system as we've seen it so far.  Same goes for Roberts.  It would be a nice surprise if Richardson suddenly turned into a fantastic RWB but it'll never happen.

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ferguson moving & Europe could get us £7.5m

Bank £5m & re-build with the £2.5m.

A couple of freebies, two or three loans & 4-5 fees ranging from small to chunky (for us).

There’s also a decent chance McCrorie will go, & allegedly at £2m.

Who knows, but the rebuild won’t come cheap. 

Do we know what any sell on clause for Ferguson would be? Assume this is negotiated, or is there a more traditionally recognised, standard percentage? 

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If we can sell on Morris, Richardson and Roberts even for small fees then that can go into the transfer kitty too.  It will be interesting to see if we can move them on.  Even if he was any good Morris doesn't fit into Robson's system as we've seen it so far.  Same goes for Roberts.  It would be a nice surprise if Richardson suddenly turned into a fantastic RWB but it'll never happen.

If we can get our money back for those 3 it’ll be a miracle. 

34 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Hard to say, we spent over £1m last season. But that all came from player sales, this season we can potentially pocket the same amount from player sales and a 3rd place finish. But I’ll hazard a guess at £1.5 million budget, but I do see us using the loan market again.

Obviously a lot could change if Duk or Miovski are sold.

It’s a big summer coming, depth will be needed if we get European group stage football. 

If our budget is 1.5m I'd rather not blow a third of it on Scales. That's the problem I have with spending 500k on him.

About 300k max for me.

Need to try and get Shinnie and Pollock too then add a good few more.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That will have been agreed when he left the Dons. 

Seem to recall it being 20% of profit? 

So if he goes for 10m we would get 20% of 7m (1.4m). Would like to think the final sale price was nearer 20m based on hickey price and midfielders generally going for as much of not more than defenders and also seems a bit of hype. 20m would bet us 3.4m for example if I’m correct with the 20%. The sell on could be close to braking our transfer record if the hype is real.

I always thought the 3m was a bit on low side when he left but if we end up pocketing 6m plus in total we have done well. 

10 minutes ago, Helmet said:

If our budget is 1.5m I'd rather not blow a third of it on Scales. That's the problem I have with spending 500k on him.

About 300k max for me.

Need to try and get Shinnie and Pollock too then add a good few more.

I think that if we can get the likes of Shinnie, Pollock & Clarkson sorted then we can afford to pay a bit more for Scales. I’d rather pay the extra £200k to have a solid back line that already knows each other. 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

So if he goes for 10m we would get 20% of 7m (1.4m). Would like to think the final sale price was nearer 20m based on hickey price and midfielders generally going for as much of not more than defenders and also seems a bit of hype. 20m would bet us 3.4m for example if I’m correct with the 20%. The sell on could be close to braking our transfer record if the hype is real.

I always thought the 3m was a bit on low side when he left but if we end up pocketing 6m plus in total we have done well. 

Hickey is a far better player I think, not sure Ferguson would really command that sort of fee?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I think that if we can get the likes of Shinnie, Pollock & Clarkson sorted then we can afford to pay a bit more for Scales. I’d rather pay the extra £200k to have a solid back line that already knows each other. 

Those three won't be free though will they.

I'm not sure how your making this add up to 1.5m and don't forget the other 5-6 players we'd need.

39 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Morris and Richardson may improve under Robson. Doubtful but time will tell.

I'm surprised that you would want to sell Roberts though. He has been unlucky with injuries. He needs a run of games when he is fit. I'd judge him then.

19 minutes ago, Sheep Shagger said:

Morris and Richardson may improve under Robson. Doubtful but time will tell.

I'm surprised that you would want to sell Roberts though. He has been unlucky with injuries. He needs a run of games when he is fit. I'd judge him then.

I agree Roberts has been unlucky with injuries.  It would have been good to see him get a few games to show what he can do.  However, from I seen to recall his position is as a wide attacker on the right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or more generally as a right forward cutting in onto his left foot.  From what we've seen so far I don't think Robson intends to play that way.  He could intend to mix it up a bit though.  Only time will tell.               

29 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Those three won't be free though will they.

I'm not sure how you’re making this add up to 1.5m and don't forget the other 5-6 players we'd need.

Shinnie on a free, hopefully the other 2 on loan. 

I’d back us to be able to sign 3 more players for £1 million, then add a couple of free transfers or loans.

Until the transfer window opens then we don’t really know, I just think that Scales could be worth the £500k price.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Cheers 

9 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Shinnie on a free, hopefully the other 2 on loan. 

I’d back us to be able to sign 3 more players for £1 million, then add a couple of free transfers or loans.

Until the transfer window opens then we don’t really know, I just think that Scales could be worth the £500k price.

Maybe.

I think getting Shinnie might need a small fee but if they release him great.

Would also be nice to try and sign Pollock permanently- think I'd rather spend 500k on him.

Its all complete speculation I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Given he didn't get on the pitch today in scenarios where he almost certainly would have been brought on by the previous three managers, can we assume Kennedy isn't getting a new contract?

Thank fuck, another player nowhere near the level we require, as other say no doubt end up  at Killie (probs will even if they go down)

Summer 2023

Dean Campbell

Leighton Clarkson - on loan from Liverpool

Hayden Coulson - on loan from Middlesbrough

Jay Gorter - on loan from Ajax

Matty Kennedy

Dilan Markanday - on loan from Blackburn

Connor McLennan - on loan to St Johnstone

Patrik Myslovic - on loan from MSK Zilnia

Mattie Pollock - on loan from Watford

Liam Scales - on loan from Celtic

Graeme Shinnie - on loan from Wigan