Out Of Contract

58 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Of the summer 23 players, the ones in bold are the only ones I'd be actively trying to extend or get on a permanent. 

The club will obviously have targets in mind to fill the void of several others leaving, but I'd be prioritise the bold.

Makes sense but how long do you hold on chasing the loan players?

51 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We should maybe be looking to extend Roos contract or get Gorter signed ft.

Huns after a keeper. Wonder if they’ll go after Gorter 🤔

Huns want Jack Butland supposedly

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Wonder if Liverpool can be tempted with one of those 50% sell on transfers 

or hopefully a smaller percentage. 

I think I could see clarkson going to the championship next season most likely. Norwich or something

How much would they want for Clarkson tho, McCrorie rumoured to be a 2 million player so would Liverpool want more for Clarkson as his potential is higher

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

How much would they want for Clarkson tho, McCrorie rumoured to be a 2 million player so would Liverpool want more for Clarkson as his potential is higher

I doubt he'll ever make it as a player at Anfield but if they were choosing to sell him I don't think they'd be looking for any less than £3m

15 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

The % sell on is where they might make money. Different ball game selling a kid you don’t need compared to a player in your first team. They aren’t going to keep him if he wants to leave and get games 

20 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The % sell on is where they might make money. Different ball game selling a kid you don’t need compared to a player in your first team. They aren’t going to keep him if he wants to leave and get games 

I would think its a no brainer for Clarkson to come back and keep playing 90 mins every week for us.

He's only been a 90 min player under Robson and never previously in his career.

However the most likely scenario is he sits on the bench for a Championship club instead.

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I would think its a no brainer for Clarkson to come back and keep playing 90 mins every week for us.

He's only been a 90 min player under Robson and never previously in his career.

However the most likely scenario is he sits on the bench for a Championship club instead.

I don’t think he would sit on the bench in the championship at all. He is playing every week for probably any team at that level and then likely moves up the EPL before long. 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Did they not just sell their reserve right back for something ridiculous like £14M before buying Ramsay?

I think they'd want way more than £3M from another English club.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I don’t think he would sit on the bench in the championship at all. He is playing every week for probably any team at that level and then likely moves up the EPL before long. 

It will be interesting to watch and good luck to him.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

II said on another thread yesterday they're after Jack Butland

What want & what they get are probably two completely different categories all together though 🤣

On Clarkson though. No way we’re buying him. Best we can hope for is another loan (probably just 6 months) to put him in window in European football for them (not unrealistic) & maybe we can get Ramsay back for a spell also. Nice wee spell in Europe for him could be good for us/them/him also.

3rd place is HUGE 

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Did they not just sell their reserve right back for something ridiculous like £14M before buying Ramsay?

I think they'd want way more than £3M from another English club.

Well yes they did but Williams was a full Welsh international with something like 20 caps when they sold him and although only 6 months or so older than Clarkson, had played a number of games for the Liverpool first team as well as 6 months on loan with a Championship side that got promoted.

Clarkson has played in a few cup matches for Liverpool but none in the League. Just not sure he's quite the desired level for even a lower EPL side. Even with us, there's been a few matches where he's been totally anonymous before things started going downhill under Goodwin. I think he'll make a decent career for himself in the English Championship but doubt he'll go for anywhere close to the kind of fee that Williams did

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well yes they did but Williams was a full Welsh international with something like 20 caps when they sold him and although only 6 months or so older than Clarkson, had played a number of games for the Liverpool first team as well as 6 months on loan with a Championship side that got promoted.

Clarkson has played in a few cup matches for Liverpool but none in the League. Just not sure he's quite the desired level for even a lower EPL side. Even with us, there's been a few matches where he's been totally anonymous before things started going downhill under Goodwin. I think he'll make a decent career for himself in the English Championship but doubt he'll go for anywhere close to the kind of fee that Williams did

I appreciate there's differences, but there's also a big gap between 3 and 14 mill

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

I appreciate there's differences, but there's also a big gap between 3 and 14 mill

Also went to Forest who thought giving £100k+ a week to Lingard was sensible

Williams was also an established international and played quite well for Fulham by all accounts

Realistically cant see us getting Clarkson back unless it's on loan, probably end up at some Championship team earning stupid amounts of money

• Upvote 1

Summer 2023

Dean Campbell - on loan at Stevenage

Leighton Clarkson - on loan from Liverpool

Hayden Coulson - on loan from Middlesbrough

Jay Gorter - on loan from Ajax

Matty Kennedy

Dilan Markanday - on loan from Blackburn

Connor McLennan - on loan to St Johnstone

Patrik Myslovic - on loan from MSK Zilnia

Mattie Pollock - on loan from Watford

Liam Scales - on loan from Celtic

Graeme Shinnie - on loan from Wigan

Marley Watkins

Summer 2024

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Joe Lewis

Kieran Ngwenya - on loan to Raith Rovers

Dante Polvara

Kelle Roos 

Anthony Stewart - on loan at MK Dons

Summer 2025

Jack Mackenzie

Angus Macdonald

Jack Milne

Ylber Ramadani

Jayden Richardson

Callum Roberts

Luis Duk Lopes

Summer 2026

Vicente Besuijen - on loan at Excelsior

Ryan Duncan

Shayden Morris

Bojan Miovski

Ross McCrorie

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Summer 2023

Dean Campbell - on loan at Stevenage

Leighton Clarkson - on loan from Liverpool

Hayden Coulson - on loan from Middlesbrough

Jay Gorter - on loan from Ajax

Matty Kennedy

Dilan Markanday - on loan from Blackburn

Connor McLennan - on loan to St Johnstone

Patrik Myslovic - on loan from MSK Zilnia

Mattie Pollock - on loan from Watford

Liam Scales - on loan from Celtic

Graeme Shinnie - on loan from Wigan

Marley Watkins

Summer 2024

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Joe Lewis

Kieran Ngwenya - on loan to Raith Rovers

Dante Polvara

Kelle Roos 

Anthony Stewart - on loan at MK Dons

Summer 2025

Jack Mackenzie

Angus Macdonald

Jack Milne

Ylber Ramadani

Jayden Richardson

Callum Roberts

Luis Duk Lopes

Summer 2026

Vicente Besuijen - on loan at Excelsior

Ryan Duncan

Shayden Morris

Bojan Miovski

Ross McCrorie

Three maybe four of the 2023 I’d want to see at Aberdeen next season Clarkson, Pollock, Shinnie and Scales* 

* Scales being the maybe as long as Celtic don’t want a fee

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Three maybe four I’d want to see at Aberdeen next season Clarkson, Pollock, Shinnie and Scales* 

* Scales being the maybe

I think we have to try for those four and bye bye to the rest.

I'd be delighted if we can pull a rabbit with Clarkson or Pollock. 

It feels like Shinnie and Scales could be go-ers but just take some time to sort out

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I think we have to try for those four and bye bye to the rest.

I'd be delighted if we can pull a rabbit with Clarkson or Pollock. 

It feels like Shinnie and Scales could be go-ers but just take some time to sort out

I’m of the opinion Pollock is the more obtainable but it would be towards the end of the transfer window and would probably just be another loan, unfortunately Clarkson would be a club record signing and with so much positions required is unobtainable but I live in hope Clarkson/Liverpool will come to an agreement but ain’t holding out much hope. 

Shinnie I think is the easier of the two as Wigan and Shinnie will come to an agreement contract wise whilst Aberdeen need to hope nobody is willing to take Scales and Celtic are happy to just get rid of him from the wage bill

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

and then there was only 12 out of contract in 4 weeks time

Only 3 or 4 worth keeping out of the 12 anyhow

Pollock (unlikely), Clarkson (very unlikely), Shinnie (very likely) and Scales (only if the Tim’s cunts accept a few hundred grand)

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, NEM said:

Only 3 or 4 worth keeping out of the 12 anyhow

Pollock (unlikely), Clarkson (very unlikely), Shinnie (very likely) and Scales (only if the Tim’s cunts accept a few hundred grand)

Pretty much as above is what I was told the other day and I have no reason to doubt it.  Pollock has loved his time here but wants to move back south and has told Watford he wants to move to another Championship club.   Clarkson will not be back.  We should just enjoy him while we can.   We have enquired about Scales but are miles off Celtics valuation and very unlikely to happen as there is interest from other clubs willing to meeting valuation.   Shinnie will be next to sign contact extension. 

29 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Pretty much as above is what I was told the other day and I have no reason to doubt it.  Pollock has loved his time here but wants to move back south and has told Watford he wants to move to another Championship club.   Clarkson will not be back.  We should just enjoy him while we can.   We have enquired about Scales but are miles off Celtics valuation and very unlikely to happen as there is interest from other clubs willing to meeting valuation.   Shinnie will be next to sign contact extension. 

Pollock and Clarkson are going to be very difficult to replace. 

7 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Pollock and Clarkson are going to be very difficult to replace. 

Agreed, but Watford and Liverpool must be very pleased about how their respective loan deals have helped their development. Augurs well for us getting more promising youngsters from them.

Pollock is already too good for our league and also physically capable of doing really well down south in time. We've got no chance of getting him on a permanent deal. 

If you compare him and McCrorie then it's no contest. Makes McCrorie look like a wee boy. 

I think we'll try for Scales and  Shinnie is probably already agreed. 

Clarkson we might get back on loan as his last loan to the Championship didn't really work out. 

Pollock and Clarkson will be difficult to replace. Let's hope the scouts have been looking in the right places.