Out Of Contract

Guest RosemountRed

AoC better not be signing on, that would be such a show of lack of ambition.

He is not going to improve us.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather we twisted on a similar wage bracket centre half in the hope we found better.

Typical 'safe' McInnes signing.

I'd also potentially be happy to just go with McKenna, Devlin, Reynolds and Considine for July and August knowing we can take a view before August 31st if we need to bring someone else in.

• Upvote 1

We should be moving Reynolds I think. Just don't see the point if he's not up to competing for a place.

I would think Reynolds and Considine (both out contract next summer) will not be seeing a new deal any time soon - plenty time for them to improve that position though

We should be moving Reynolds I think. Just don't see the point if he's not up to competing for a place.

Easier said than done. He is probably in the top 6 (just) of our earners. Clubs likely to be interested in him now are going to be bottom half of the SPFL if he is lucky, or more likely top end Championship. So he would be doing well to get a contract paying half of what we cough up every month. He would therefore want a whacking great pay off to even consider it. I suspect he will sit things out till his contract runs out.

What is certain is that he should never play in central defence for us again. He is utterly powder puff there and his one attribute which made him effective when he first joined us....his pace.....sadly has disappeared. Should be used as an emergency left back only in future.

Easier said than done. He is probably in the top 6 (just) of our earners. Clubs likely to be interested in him now are going to be bottom half of the SPFL if he is lucky, or more likely top end Championship. So he would be doing well to get a contract paying half of what we cough up every month. He would therefore want a whacking great pay off to even consider it. I suspect he will sit things out till his contract runs out.

What is certain is that he should never play in central defence for us again. He is utterly powder puff there and his one attribute which made him effective when he first joined us....his pace.....sadly has disappeared. Should be used as an emergency left back only in future.

If he's on that sort of money I agree it won't be easy.

However when I questioned why we resigned him last close season, the ITK experts on here told me he would be on very low wages and was just good squad cover.

Personally I thought it was a mistake and nothing this season has changed my mind.

Guest RosemountRed

He'll see out his contract here.

I would think Reynolds and Considine (both out contract next summer) will not be seeing a new deal any time soon - plenty time for them to improve that position though

You are very much wrong. Considine will sign anything put in front of him. He's not going anywhere.

You are very much wrong. Considine will sign anything put in front of him. He's not going anywhere.

Aye as useless as the loon is, he's happy to play any part at the club even if thats an occasional sub appearance off the bench. He's a dandy.

I'm not really meaning that. I do think Considine will extend his stay but I don't think DM will be worrying about the situation of Reynolds or Considine till well after Christmas

For the sake of 3 or 4 appearances a season, its a wasted wage IMO.

Is he not studying to Law or something like that? He'll quite happily take a wage whilst he gets through uni. We'd all do the same thing tbh. We'd be better off getting rid, but I think he's still got at least a year (i could check back a page, but can't be assed)

Bring in another young prospect or spend more on what we bring in for improving CB, CM and LB areas.

Bumping up a wage is fine. I wouldn't see the point in moving someone who spends most of the time on the bench, to replace them with someone who spends most of the time on the bench

Is he not studying to Law or something like that? He'll quite happily take a wage whilst he gets through uni. We'd all do the same thing tbh. We'd be better off getting rid, but I think he's still got at least a year (i could check back a page, but can't be assed)

That's not really the point though, I'm not blaming Reynolds for taking whatever deal was offered, I just think of all the defensive options we had last season that people moaned about (Consi, O'Connor, Arnason) if Reynolds couldn't get into that team then he's never really going to get back into it. Its not personal, I just think he might be the most obvious one to move out if we can source a really good CB and a proper attacking LB (or enough CM options that Shinnie can play full season at LB). Considine is a good option for covering 2 positions.

ps - I never new he was studying anything. Fair play.

Logan is another doing some sort of engineering course. He's in the same class as my pal. I believe McInnes had to write a letter of excuse for either one of the exams or coursework :laughing:

"Please excuse Shay from the exam today -

-Derek McInnes."

Well your credentials check out.