Out Of Contract

AOC "not sure if Aberdeen is the best place to further his career"

No contact on the table for him from us but it looks like he's on his way to hook up with Gash Taylor in the dizzy heights on EL 2 or 3 because that's going to get him to the level he thinks he can play at.

Sounds to me like that 1 good game against Celtic has went to his head

I thought his great performance at parkhead was him showing he wanted to stay and was good enough - go figure!

List of defenders better than Tony O'Connor

Ash Taylor

Youl Mawene

Zander Diamond

Jerel Ifill

Midfielders better than Tony O'Connor

Scott Vernon

Stephen Hughes

Nicholas Fabiano

I actually didn't mind Youl. Twa fine goals in his time here.

To be fair, he's improved as a defender recently

Whether that is only as he was coming to the end of his contract is up for debate

Shit in midfield though

If he stays, and can keep up his post split form I'd be happy enough

If he leaves and disappears I'll not be concerned

Considering the game time he got this season, would we really think he'd have got told he won't be getting much game time next season? I guess if McInnes was really confident that McKenna/Devlin were going to be the first choice pairing in central defense and play most games and there's going to be 2 or 3 midfielders signed who would definitely keep him down the pecking order there too then fair enough. But feel like he'd definitely get plenty of game time next year unless we have an amazing summer of recruitment considering how much Derek leaned on him this season.

Considering the game time he got this season, would we really think he'd have got told he won't be getting much game time next season? I guess if McInnes was really confident that McKenna/Devlin were going to be the first choice pairing in central defense and play most games and there's going to be 2 or 3 midfielders signed who would definitely keep him down the pecking order there too then fair enough. But feel like he'd definitely get plenty of game time next year unless we have an amazing summer of recruitment considering how much Derek leaned on him this season.

Got to agree

Supposedly Tansey has terminated his contract by mutual consent. I'm not sure if I believe it given that he's a scouser and will by his very nature, want something for nothing...

Bit harsh min.

Nothing to say mutual consent can't include a severance payment somewhere between nothing and full value of the contract though.

Supposedly Tansey has terminated his contract by mutual consent. I'm not sure if I believe it given that he's a scouser and will by his very nature, want something for nothing...

Real,y doesn’t have the heart for it. When your manager xo es our and says your a Dick you know it’s pretty much game over

Guest RosemountRed

Really good news if we have got rid of O'Connor and Tansey.

We wait to hear on the four youngsters left as well now.

Fair amount of wages freed up.