Out Of Contract

Big scrutiny for DMc over this summers transfer deals. No hiding place really. The Zombies will be reinforcing by spending money they don't have to try and beat Celtic with a manager who'll be lucky to make it to Christmas if they don't.

Lots of improvements required to our team, and an expectation to at least progress further in Europe even if it's to the 4th/Qualifying Round of Europa League though I hope it's more.

I think its very optimistic to expect us to get to the 4th round or group stages. The competition gets significantly harder as we go through the rounds, we have all seen this.

Nonsense, we had the perfect opportunity to do just that last season and we fucked it up by being unfit, ill prepared and questionable starting XI against Limassol. A game we should have won and didn’t.

It’s the only way to make financial gains so to not have those expectations means that we should just sit and be happy with standing still and not improving.

• Upvote 1

So Tansey and O'Connor going, we better be quick at getting two new central midfielders.

It can't be emphasised enough. DM has benefitted in the last couple of seasons from players stepping up from the bench the previous year to be 40 matches players the following season.

He's running out of players to cover for bad signings and particularly in the midfield.

So Tansey and O'Connor going, we better be quick at getting two new central midfielders.

At this rate, we'll need more than 2 in.

Mclean also going.

Ball also gone.

And it was an area we struggled in already when McLean and co were here.

Plus Shinnie is our best left back and McInnes seems to ignore this area of the pitch window after window.

We need at least 4 midfield players for the starting 11.

We have McLean, Christie, Stewart and Ball/O'Connor to replace.

We need a holding midfielder

We need a back up right back

We need a left back if Shinnie is going to be used in midfield all the time.

6 players minimum, 8 to provide cover.

Replacements for McLean and Christie are the number one priority.

O'Connor is replaced by Devlin.

Stewart replacement next in line.

New left back has been an area needing improvement since Shinnie took over from Flood.

Arnason/Ball need replaced but that can be a secondary thought.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Celtic sign another attacking midfielder this summer and Christie end up back here again. Loan or permanently.

Doubt he'll make the cut at Celtic, too weedy and inconsistent.

I'd say Morgan, Hayes and Christie are in the picture in the meantime now that Roberts and Masonda have both left. If those two are replaced and given Morgan has only just joined you would assume its the end of the road for at least Christie and maybe Hayes too.

Hayes was never going to get a look in. That was just Celtic doing what they always do, buying anyone that's a threat to them. He could've retired a modern day hero here, but he chose to be another casuaty of the arse cheeks. Fuck him.

• Upvote 1

With McLean, Nwakali, Christie, Ball & very likely Tansey & O'Connor all gone its clear we are currently very light in midfield numbers.

I'm sure young Campbell will be involved more often this season and obviously Lewis Ferguson has signed and I expect him to challenge straight away to get into the first team match day squad. But both of them are still very young and won't be playing every week.

I seriously hope McInnes has some aces up his sleeve for midfield because it looks pretty threadbare at the minute. We also realistically need another couple of full backs and a different type of striker to what we currently have.

Hayes was never going to get a look in. That was just Celtic doing what they always do, buying anyone that's a threat to them. He could've retired a modern day hero here, but he chose to be another casuaty of the arse cheeks. Fuck him.

Actually fuck him. Anyone who suggests taking him back need to stop that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1