Dundee V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

That was a disgrace. First time in a long time I've been really annoyed with the Dons. We're on a downward slope at the moment and that was a terrible performance.

While the result is difficult to take, I thought Aberdeen played decent, and had numerous opportunities to score.

• Upvote 3

Reynolds not following his man at their 2nd

Seriously? When he went up for the header it was 3 on 2 and considine was just watching the play, should have been busting a gut to get back in. Then Reynolds again trying to block the shot and all the time considine not moved.

Had plenty chances to win that game which cost us but shambolic goal to lose at the end.

Disappointing. Dundee were clearly lucky as Hartley has admitted. I thought it was telling though that for all the skillful players we had on the pitch we were beaten by a goal from a 'no-nonsense' marksman that shows sheer determination. We did not play badly but our play lacked a decisive edge. Our corners were poor as was our final ball too often. There was a strong case for bringing on Shankland today in place of the ineffectual David Goodwillie.

Scott Brown - 7/10 Cant be faulted for either goal, di just about everything right.

Shay Logan - 7/10 stuck to his task without getting involved enough in our attacking play.

Taylor - 6/10 Did just about everything right but it looked like he could have got tighter to his man for both goals.

Reynolds - 7/10 Had a good game. Won the ball brilliantly from Clarkson to set-up our equalizer.

Considine - 5/10 did his job defensively but offered little or nothing going forward. Hayes seemed to play the whole left flank to compensate.

Jack - 7/10 Good game, good battle with Steven Thomson in the middle of the pitch. Did well without dominating.

Pawlett - 6/10 Started brightly but faded. Worked hard but he was ineffective in attack.

Hayes - 8/10 Easily our best player at the moment.

McGinn - 7/10 Good game, unlucky not to score a late equalizer to make it 2-2.

Goodwillie - 5/10 did not get in to the game

Rooney - 6/10 Was always a presence and forced at least one good save.

Michael Stewart was saying after the game that he thinks we do not have the right balance in our formation and I think he is spot-on. We started the game with 5 'forwards' but needed an O.G. to score. TBF we created decent chances today and we did not deserve to lose.

COYR!

Yup. Don have the answer and to be fair willie said our first half movement up front was excellent but front 5 of Hayes, pawlett, Rooney, good willie and McGinn just isn't working, and we don't seem to have appetite to change it.

Only bright side is kick in the arse we were needing coming just prior to our traditional Christmas slump.

As much as I agree in the most part. Was the Celtic game nae the kick up the arse we needed I mean how many kicks do we fucking need.

• Upvote 1

Watching on tv ,We looked the better side all through the match. and I thought it was quite enjoyable to watch ( probably since we had so much possession)

Poor finishing caused by a lack of 'composure' and a bit of selfishness near goal didn’t help , to be sure.

I really hope we get the obvious weak area of defence repaired for next season.

Is it me, or do the opposition just look to see where Considine is standing , and make for that area ?

Dundee definitely did not deserve to win the game. If they had I would definitely say so.

:trophy: not this year

After last weeks backs to the wall stuff it was odd McInnes set out his stall to have a very open game for the whole 96 minutes. Made his intentions clear from the off by naming Pawlett in traditional central midfield - a signal of attacking intent or a signal lack of defensive intent more so.

The starting line up cost us more than any lack of substitutions.

Looking for positives - no clubs are poaching any of our coaching staff or players in the near future.