Dundee V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Was the game and it was shite.....boring as fuck!!

Wtf was Mcinness thinking with our formation and player positions???

Hayes in the centre, rooney practically playing right wing, goodwillie up top by himself??!!!

We had absolutely zero width and zero service to Goodwillie, how do we expect our strikers to do anything when they get balls to them when they are miles way from goal and have their back to goals 4 defenders behind them.

Hayes is prob our best attacking player and needs to play left wing, even our goal yesterday came from Hayes running up the left. Anything good that happens in our play stems from hayes and ny good service to the strikers comes from wide areas.

Pawlett needs dropped or played on the right wing, he's not done nothing for months, he has the pace but he doesn't have touch, skill or passing ability to play that number 10 role, that's a role for Goodwillie or Mcginn.

Rooney should never ever be deployed on the right wing, his only position is right up top so that we can play off him or whip balls in for him to try and get on the end of, if he doesn't play up top he should not play, put a player in who's actual fecking position is right wing, rooney was lost out there and hasn't got the legs or movement for that position.

I think majority of the blame has to rest with Mcinness for the starting formation and players position but more the fact he couldn't it wasn't working and therefore change things and also his reluctance to make a fucking sub......it must absolutely fucking suck being a dons sub, your chances of getting a chance so that you can fight for a starting place are absolutely fucking zero!!!

Mcinness may as well let fans sit on the bench

• Upvote 3

Considine was shown up for his lack of mobility but wasn't directly at fault for anything.

Yeah. I get that. Totally.

Probably worth remembering he is being played out of position though.

Whereas the 2 cunts that directly put us out of the cup due to their ineptitude escape criticism throughout this thread..

Instead multiple folk bleat about Considine.

Eh?

Was everyone that drunk?

Don't get me wrong, in less than an hour before KO, I had 3 pints, 2 champagnes and a fucking Peroni., but even from that angle I could see who cost us that fucking game.

Fuck me.

I think it's fair to say DelBoy's under a wee bit of pressure during December and January. 10 SPFL games and a League Cup Semi. No game against Celtic. 5 home 5 away (1 at Hampden). Squad is a little threadbare, with regard to injuries and the same players that seem to get on the team sheet regardless will inevitably be suffering at some point with fatigue (although how a professional footballer in this day and age suffers from fatigue whilst not playing in Europe I'll never understand…)

January's transfer window is going to be interesting too - LB essential, Monokana can probably go, his time's been wasted, maybe a back up CB/RB for the rest of the season too…

As for the rest of the team stop with the fucking tombola return… Play Hayes at LW decide where you want to play Pawlett, McGinn, #Badcock and Rooney and stick to it… And if that does't work for 65/70 minutes make the fucking change… Give the kids a chance, because we've seen that we've done fuck all for the last 15 minutes in every league game this season.

Second season slump - the next 2 months are essential in stepping back up a gear, cementing the team in the transfer window (or at least shoring up the weaknesses) and acting like a team that can kill games off...

Our problem is that we have no

Killer instinct. How many games have we won 1-0 lately? We've totally dominated games and not put them to bed. It's obviously going to come back and hit us like a train at one point, and we're out of the cup.

I don't know what the solution to that is. McGinn for starters seems to need 10 shots before he even finds the target with 1 - generally speaking - goodwillie has shown some good play but needs to add more goals, Rooney is scoring in spurts but also not contributing enough goals, I know he has about 14 for the season but how many in the league?

Shankland looked good when he has come on. Id liked to see more.

Killer instinct. How many games have we won 1-0 lately? We've totally dominated games and not put them to bed. It's obviously going to come back and hit us like a train at one point, and we're out of the cup.

I don't know what the solution to that is. McGinn for starters seems to need 10 shots before he even finds the target with 1 - generally speaking - goodwillie has shown some good play but needs to add more goals, Rooney is scoring in spurts but also not contributing enough goals, I know he has about 14 for the season but how many in the league?

Completely agree.

Nice to see you again buddy. I think Rooney playing through the middle would definitely be a starter for 10.

Everyone would like to see more of Shankland, I think he could offer us something but from my experience watching him at youth level he is very similar to Rooney. We've had scores of players who have banged in goals at that level, doesn't necessarily mean they are any use it only shows that might be their level.

I think it's fair to Goodwillie has been a huge disappointment to everyone, McInnes probably expected a lot more of him. I'd sign another striker in January in all honesty, if anything it will give Rooney and Goodwillie a kick up the arse.

Nice to see you again buddy. I think Rooney playing through the middle would definitely be a starter for 10.

Everyone would like to see more of Shankland, I think he could offer us something but from my experience watching him at youth level he is very similar to Rooney. We've had scores of players who have banged in goals at that level, doesn't necessarily mean they are any use it only shows that might be their level.

I think it's fair to Goodwillie has been a huge disappointment to everyone, McInnes probably expected a lot more of him. I'd sign another striker in January in all honesty, if anything it will give Rooney and Goodwillie a kick up the arse.

So what do you suggest? Maybe we should give someone that DOESN'T score in the U19 team a wee shottie in the first team? Maybe that'll work.

Just because Dec McManus failed to take his U19 form into the first team doesn't mean everyone that scores for them is shite at first team level.

Shankland deserves the chance to prove if he's got it.

Fuck me If Jess was breaking through today, he'd probably be stuck out on loan because there is a safer (journey man) option to start regularly.

DG & AR are not scoring, so dropping EITHER of them for LS is no fkn loss to the first team right now.

So what do you suggest? Maybe we should give someone that DOESN'T score in the U19 team a wee shottie in the first team? Maybe that'll work.

Just because Dec McManus failed to take his U19 form into the first team doesn't mean everyone that scores for them is shite at first team level.

Fuck me If Jess was breaking through today, he'd probably be stuck out on loan because there is a safer (journey man) option to start regularly.

DG & AR are not scoring, so dropping EITHER of them for LS is no fkn loss to the first team right now.

Loaned out to a team where he can prove his worth. No point sending him somewhere where the standard is no different to the development league. Ross County...

Loaned out to a team where he can prove his worth. No point sending him somewhere where the standard is no different to the development league. Ross County...

Balls. Give him his chance in the first team first. He deserves it & shouldn't be punished for McManus's failings.

how else do we discover decent youth players?

We're not Barca/Chelsea etc. get the cunt in the first team now. he fails & we THEN consider sending him on loan again but I struggle to see how he can perform worse than our current "experienced" strikers.

I think tup may be right cos I\m starting to think dropping Clangers was a mistake.

Our strikers have gone on holiday since he was dropped. They've lost the required urgency/determination required to compensate for the useless fuck.

basically Clangers is Aberdeens biggest problem, whether he plays or not.

Brooner should have been holding that header. Butter fingers is not a good trait for goalkeepers.

Young Bain looks better than both our keepers.

I'm with you here FnD!! People are almost criticising him for scoring for the under 19s just because McManus did too. Fact is Rooney and Goodwillie aren't doing enough right no so we have nothing to lose giving the foreheid a proper go.

Our strikers are not scoring goals - why would you persist with them ?

There are no "easy" games over the next 2 months, but there are games that you'd want to mix things up a bit. I get that #ShankTheTank is not ready to start, but I reiterate. If we're not ahead in the game after 60-70 mins why would you persist with something that's not working ? Are we not a team that wants to win games, because it sure hasn't looked like it recently.

5 mins for Shankland is pish - give him the chance to change the game over 20 mins and then we'll see whether he can rise to the challenge or not - do that in every single one of the 10 games in December and January and then we'll see whether he's ready. Puts a little bit of competitive pressure back on Rooney and especially #Badcock who presumably wants a new contract, if not tell DW he find another club in the January window if he wants, I'd rather his wage packet went somewhere else...

It all goes back to the summer transfer window. We did not improve the squad significantly. We are far too reliant on Anderson, Flood and Hayes (maybe Rooney to some extent) and if we loose one of these guys its a tough struggle.

We must sign a left back, even on a short term deal as its a weakness that other teams our trying to exploit, a goalkeeper, a centre back and a centre mid would also be nice (not likely to happen though).

Clangers is better than Brown is my assessment.

Which is the same as saying Stephen Hawkins is better than Joey Deacon at ballroom dancing...neither would win Strictly Come Dancing...On shot stoping there's nothing in it...both are sub-standard...on commanding the area...Brown is better than Langfield by some distance.

• Upvote 1

Which is the same as saying Stephen Hawkins is better than Joey Deacon at ballroom dancing...neither would win Strictly Come Dancing...On shot stoping there's nothing in it...both are sub-standard...on commanding the area...Brown is better than Langfield by some distance.

image.jpg

The only difference I can see is Brown has the better distribution.

The only difference I can see is Brown has the better distribution.

Brown's not the answer...the boy Bain is a classic example of an "Old Boy" being looked after...any challenge being rail-road'd out of the equation at the first opportunity...if AFC are serious a decent keeper should be priority...

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks brown isn't infinitely better than langfield is either on the wind up, completely fucking blind or a female in her 90's. Picking holes in brown to be controversial or because of a warped fascination with the climbing frame faced object is utterly retarded and entirely negative.

As for yesterday surely the finger of blame must land at Mcinnes' door and not that poor cunt considine. I think weapon was entirely correct in his assessment earlier.

• Upvote 1