George Square Bin Lorry Crash

Tommy

Someone I know was there when it happened. A female was basically cut in two.

I'd imagine a lot of witnesses will need some help.

I was working at Oldmachar medical practice earlier this year when that lady got hit by the lorry. Brains across the road min. People suffer PTSD from these things for years. Then again, some folk wank off to them.

Again apologies if this has been covered before but is anyone else not struck by the complete blackout of CCTV footage? George square must be swarming with cameras.

EDIT: not that I'm suggesting any of you heroes would ever have checked out the location and viewing circumference of CCTV in George square.

And why is my ironic patronising winksmiley not working on this pissing iPhone?

To be fair it's a minor point considering the scale of what actually happened, just think that good people are good people regardless of where they're from or where they live and would help in the same way.

Would imagine I'd feel the same way if something similar happened up the road and similar things were being said mate.

I dont think anyone has said that only folk in Glasgow would folk help others, but after whats happened they should be allowed to talk their city up, pretty sure the same thing happened in london after the bombings.

Pretty sure they would have been shiteing themselves wandering what the fuck is going on as they thundered into pedestrians.

Would you have calmly saved the day and pulled off an expertly timed move like that before anyone got hurt?

Nae idea. You never know how you'll react in a crisis it just seems surprising they werent able to stop the truck sooner? They maybe tried in vain to stop it, just surprised it managed to travel so far with two (presumably) alert people in the cab.

I agree with this, just too coincidental for this to happen where it did at this time of year, it may be unfounded and turn out to be a tragic accident but I doubt it, not only happening where it did but in the manner it happened, how often do you hear of someone taking ill at the wheel and hammering the accelerator down in the process.

My sisters ex husband took an eppy at the wheel o' his car and ploughed into the chipper van that used to sit in Danestone.

I always said there must have been something wrang in his nut for marrying that

My sisters ex husband took an eppy at the wheel o' his car and ploughed into the chipper van that used to sit in Danestone.

I always said there must have been something wrang in his nut for marrying that

We stopped going in because it was an accident waiting to happen. Always presumed it was a skid during winter that stopped the van.

That corner still is a dodgy one even without a mobile chipper sitting there.

We stopped going in because it was an accident waiting to happen. Always presumed it was a skid during winter that stopped the van.

That corner still is a dodgy one even without a mobile chipper sitting there.

Aye. Will soon be no more though with the work started on the 3rd Don crossing.

I miss the chipper van, was affa fine. There's a fish van comes round every Friday which is pretty good though. Although the wifie looked affa perplexed when I asked her for a huddik supper

Aye. Will soon be no more though with the work started on the 3rd Don crossing.

I miss the chipper van, was affa fine. There's a fish van comes round every Friday which is pretty good though. Although the wifie looked affa perplexed when I asked her for a huddik supper

Thats true.

It was fine aye. Did the lad in the chipper not suffer severe burns in the accident....

if he had a heart attack then he must've slumped forward and his foot would've hit the accelerator. there's a few things that aren't right...

there's usually more than one person in the cab?

is there not a way of shutting down what is now a missile, dead man handle type hingmy.

why are bin lorries out at these times? they seem to be a common occurrence at rush hour and busy times. I'm sorry but they should be out at more sensible times and if that means the bin men have to get up earlier then so be it.

if he had a heart attack then he must've slumped forward and his foot would've hit the accelerator. there's a few things that aren't right...

there's usually more than one person in the cab?

is there not a way of shutting down what is now a missile, dead man handle type hingmy.

why are bin lorries out at these times? they seem to be a common occurrence at rush hour and busy times. I'm sorry but they should be out at more sensible times and if that means the bin men have to get up earlier then so be it.

The dead man handle was mentioned yesterday on the news. The lorry had one, however, the crew members need to be trained in how to use it - that question wasn't answered

there definitely IS more to this than meets the eye

if its a heart attack, he'd have the time to stop accelerating, or activate the brakes

if its a seizure, whys he driving?

He maybe didn't know he suffered from such attacks.

I just can't understand how the other people in the cabin managed to jump out..... Surely their first reaction would be to grab the steering wheel/handbrake.

the silver taxi looked like it crushed clean in half longways. from one side it looked like a close shave and then you got perspective and a better look and saw that it was bad.

world war z, filmed just round the corner, brad pitt in his car, bin lorry hurtles passed at a rate of knots....art imitating life, and death.

I just can't understand how the other people in the cabin managed to jump out..... Surely their first reaction would be to grab the steering wheel/handbrake.

Aye the "Glasgow Spirit" only applies after the tragedy when the imminent danger has past...the Scaffy's "fuck you Jack I'm alright" reflex looks to be closer to the truth on this occasion...

Aye the "Glasgow Spirit" only applies after the tragedy when the imminent danger has past...the Scaffy's "fuck you Jack I'm alright" reflex looks to be closer to the truth on this occasion...

As someone above pointed out. Its strange how the 'Glesga Togetherness' never gets mentioned when it comes to religion or sport.

Pretty sharp hospital exit for the driver, they don't hang about with heart attack victims these days.

Wonder how he'll feel seeing the picture of the pretty girl with her gran, turns out the girls mum was there as well so witnessed it, imagine they'll both be beyond grief.

He retracted the tweet pretty sharpish after the BBC stepped in

James Matthews, Sky News, tweets: Correction - driver of bin lorry in #georgesquare crash remains in hospital.

I'm pretty sure the police know what's gone on by now...if bevy was involved there'll be a riot...